PS4 does not need backwards

Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 63 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Rage_S90

• Total Posts : 7899
  • Reward points : 0
Re:PS4 does not need backwards - Friday, February 08, 2013 10:27 AM ( #21 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

-Superman-

Like ZombieNinjaPanda logic, console with BC cost is same much, as console without BC, but same powerful... you should really do IQ test. Again... there are 2 option. Weaker console with BC, priced 400 us dollars, or, powerful console without BC, priced 400 us dollars. You cant have powerful console with BC and still cost 400 us dollars ZombieNinjaPanda. You need logic!!!

I need logic yet you think that a console with Backwards Compatibility will be weaker? Then why was the Xbox 360 the same "power" as the Ps3?

PS3 had better backward compatibility then the 360. Your argument is invalid. They got rid of it to lower cost. 

ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:PS4 does not need backwards - Friday, February 08, 2013 10:33 AM ( #22 )
Rage_S90

ZombieNinjaPanda

-Superman-

Like ZombieNinjaPanda logic, console with BC cost is same much, as console without BC, but same powerful... you should really do IQ test. Again... there are 2 option. Weaker console with BC, priced 400 us dollars, or, powerful console without BC, priced 400 us dollars. You cant have powerful console with BC and still cost 400 us dollars ZombieNinjaPanda. You need logic!!!

I need logic yet you think that a console with Backwards Compatibility will be weaker? Then why was the Xbox 360 the same "power" as the Ps3?

PS3 had better backward compatibility then the 360. Your argument is invalid. They got rid of it to lower cost. 

This conversation need not continue.

cgoodno

• Total Posts : 3421
Re:PS4 does not need backwards - Friday, February 08, 2013 10:37 AM ( #23 )
ZombieNinjaPanda
-Superman-
I need logic yet you think that a console with Backwards Compatibility will be weaker? Then why was the Xbox 360 the same "power" as the Ps3?
Because they didn't go a completely different route with regards to architecture.  While I get your point here, this is not a logic  that can be applied to the PS3 since they zigged and are zagging back, which will have increased costs in ensuring BC on the PS4 in comparison to 360 BC.
Rage_S90

Re:PS4 does not need backwards - Friday, February 08, 2013 10:39 AM ( #24 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

Rage_S90

ZombieNinjaPanda

-Superman-

Your logic baffles me. They can't just bump the power up suddenly. And it's know that they got rid of it to lower cost, thus validating his point. 

-Superman-

• Total Posts : 527
Re:PS4 does not need backwards - Friday, February 08, 2013 11:08 AM ( #25 )

A)BC + Weaker PS4 - COST 400 US DOLLARS

B)No BC + More powerful PS4 - COST 400 US DOLLARS
BC + More powerful PS4 - COST 600 US DOLLARS

There are 2 way they could do.
I hope Sony will take B)
If you want BC, then pay 200 more, but i do not want less powerful PS4 because you guys want PS4 with BC

You already own a PS3, and don´t come to tell me that you won´t buy PS4 when it has no BC, when we all know in real that you all going to buy PS4 anyway even if it has no BC.

You can´t have both for 400 us dollars. You take powerful PS4 without BC and pay 400 us dollars, or take less powerful PS4 with BC and pay 400 us dollars. You can´t have both powerful, and BC and price still 400 us dollars.

I am Superman.  I love Superman Returns movie suit. Brandon Routh looks great in tights.
I really want to wear Superman Returns suit because its tight and hot for teens and awesom
ZombieNinjaPanda

Re:PS4 does not need backwards - Friday, February 08, 2013 11:11 AM ( #26 )
Rewriting your argument doesn't somehow make it any more right Superman.

Rage_S90

Your logic baffles me. They can't just bump the power up suddenly. And it's know that they got rid of it to lower cost, thus validating his point.  

Oh and "Better BC" is completely subjective. What's your reasoning behind that. And also there is no logic other than ONE IS GONE THE OTHER ISN'T.
<message edited by ZombieNinjaPanda on Friday, February 08, 2013 11:12 AM>

-Superman-

Re:PS4 does not need backwards - Friday, February 08, 2013 11:18 AM ( #27 )

ZombieNinjaPanda
ZombieNinjaPanda

Rage_S90

ZombieNinjaPanda

-Superman-

ZombieNinjaPanda logic:

You have 2 choice... You take weaker graphics Card with ram and cost $390, or more powerful graphics card, and pay $390
A)GTX 670 - ($340) + 8GB DDR3 ($50) = $390 (for example PS4 with BC)(less powerful)

B)GTX 680 - ($390) = $390 (for example PS4 without BC)(more powerful)

ZombieNinjaPanda logic:
GTX 680 -($390) +  8GB DDR3 ($50)  = $390 (ZombieNinjaPanda logic)

I am Superman.  I love Superman Returns movie suit. Brandon Routh looks great in tights.
I really want to wear Superman Returns suit because its tight and hot for teens and awesom
Rane-StP

• Total Posts : 320
Re:PS4 does not need backwards - Friday, February 08, 2013 11:26 AM ( #28 )
-Superman-

A)BC + Weaker PS4 - COST 400 US DOLLARS

B)No BC + More powerful PS4 - COST 400 US DOLLARS
BC + More powerful PS4 - COST 600 US DOLLARS

There are 2 way they could do.
I hope Sony will take B)
If you want BC, then pay 200 more, but i do not want less powerful PS4 because you guys want PS4 with BC

You already own a PS3, and don´t come to tell me that you won´t buy PS4 when it has no BC, when we all know in real that you all going to buy PS4 anyway even if it has no BC.

You can´t have both for 400 us dollars. You take powerful PS4 without BC and pay 400 us dollars, or take less powerful PS4 with BC and pay 400 us dollars. You can´t have both powerful, and BC and price still 400 us dollars.
Superman, have you considered the fact that Sony acquired and will most likely implement Cloud Streaming in place of the PS4 having backwards compatibility? 

Personally I don't think the PS4 will have it anyway, save the cloud streaming.

Your ''A'' and ''B'' argument is quite unfounded. When the PS3 Slim was released it wasn't weaker in the sense that you're thinking. It was still just as powerful as the backwards compatible PS3, just without the ability to be able to play any games older than the PS3. 

Sony can't screw anything up on the launch of the PS4 like they did with the PS3, though they eventually came out ahead in the end, that launch hurt them substantially, not to mention the price of it due to the BluRay player. I don't think Sony is about to make the same mistake twice.

If anything at best Sony will release 2 PS4's, a base version for less money, and a deluxe version, of course for more money, both without backwards compatibility, however instead using Cloud Streaming in it's place, Though I think keeping the deluxe version still under 500 dollars. 

ZombieNinjaPanda

Re:PS4 does not need backwards - Friday, February 08, 2013 11:34 AM ( #29 )
@Superman

Wait, why do I only have those two choices? What are you, Head of sony or God or something? Your entire argument is this "if they add backwards compatibility IT WILL BE WEAKER"

<message edited by ZombieNinjaPanda on Friday, February 08, 2013 11:40 AM>

flip-it3

• Total Posts : 6628
Re:PS4 does not need backwards - Friday, February 08, 2013 11:40 AM ( #30 )
it really all depends if the ps4 will have a similar architecture to the ps3. If they do then the ps4 should have no problem running ps3 games on the ps4 hardware at no extra hardware costs. If they need to put in another chip strictly for ps3 BC then it will cost more. 
Rane-StP

Re:PS4 does not need backwards - Friday, February 08, 2013 11:48 AM ( #31 )
flip-it3

it really all depends if the ps4 will have a similar architecture to the ps3. If they do then the ps4 should have no problem running ps3 games on the ps4 hardware at no extra hardware costs. If they need to put in another chip strictly for ps3 BC then it will cost more. 
Possible, but from what we know so far the architecture is completely different, and why would Sony bother putting a chip in strictly for PS3 games when most people won't want it, just for it to cost not only Sony more, but the consumers as well, and the way things are advancing, the implementation of Cloud Streaming. I think at best there is what, maybe 50/50 user base that want/ don't want backwards compatibility, so it doesn't make economical sense for Sony to even bother with it by making the PS4 backwards compatible, hardware wise.

Rage_S90

Re:PS4 does not need backwards - Friday, February 08, 2013 11:49 AM ( #32 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

Rewriting your argument doesn't somehow make it any more right Superman.

Rage_S90

Oh and "Better BC" is completely subjective. What's your reasoning behind that. And also there is no logic other than ONE IS GONE THE OTHER ISN'T.

My reasoning is the 360 was incompatible with quite a few games. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...atible_games_over_time

PS3 had built in emotion engine, so it was almost 100% compatible iirc. 

-Superman-

Re:PS4 does not need backwards - Friday, February 08, 2013 11:50 AM ( #33 )
ZombieNinjaPanda at same price, PS4 will be less powerful, because Sony dosent want to make high priced console, becuase then it will slow and low sale. If you want with BC, then pay 600 us dollars.

Rane-StP

Re:PS4 does not need backwards - Friday, February 08, 2013 11:54 AM ( #34 )
-Superman-

ZombieNinjaPanda at same price, PS4 will be less powerful, because Sony dosent want to make high priced console, becuase then it will slow and low sale. If you want with BC, then pay 600 us dollars.
Where and how are you getting it will be more/ less powerful with/ without backwards compatibility? Any thoughts from you on what I posted above?

ZombieNinjaPanda

Re:PS4 does not need backwards - Friday, February 08, 2013 11:55 AM ( #35 )
-Superman-

Do you not take into account that 7 years later emulating or adding in certain hardware to make Playstation 3 games run on the playstation 4 would be cheaper? Do you not think that the parts they're using in the PS4 are cheaper? Do you really think they're going to going the equivalence of spending 400 dollars just on a GPU for the console? And why do you have it in your head that adding in backwards compatibility will make it more expensive and weaker? 

And not to mention your thinking implies that because the playstation 3 costs 200 - 300 dollars it will be the same price to add in a chip for emulation into the ps4.

Everything you're stating is based on nothing. On no information. Not even speculation. Nothing has been announced about it, yet you're making predictions that put Pachter to shame.

@Rage
So it's neither better or worse, it's just what Micro$oft wants you playing and doesn't want you playing on their console.

<message edited by ZombieNinjaPanda on Friday, February 08, 2013 11:57 AM>

NeverEnding1989

• Total Posts : 666
Re:PS4 does not need backwards - Friday, February 08, 2013 1:49 PM ( #36 )
Rage_S90

Speaking of an invalid argument...

This generation had the best games on the original Xbox compatible with the Xbox 360, while a small fraction of PS3's were compatible with all PS2 games (this small fraction also had one of the highest failure rates).

PS3 backwards compatibility is irrelevant since it no longer exists.  

Welcome to next gen:

Nizzy79

• Total Posts : 2688
ps4 backwards compatibility, yea or nay? wsj claims it's coming - Saturday, February 16, 2013 6:50 AM ( #37 )

The latest one tonight comes from the Wall Street Journal, with a report that connects Sony's $380 million purchase of cloud gaming service Gaikai last year with a method to provide backwards compatibility on the PlayStation 4.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/15/sony-ps4-gaikai-streaming-rumor/
movies i rated on IMDb SmilesAreFree 
Whoooop

• Total Posts : 5653
Re:ps4 backwards compatibility, yea or nay? wsj claims it's coming - Saturday, February 16, 2013 6:59 AM ( #38 )
Streamed gaming sucks, but I guess it's better than nothing for those who get nervous breakdowns if there's no BC.

moegooner88

• Total Posts : 2042
Re:ps4 backwards compatibility, yea or nay? wsj claims it's coming - Saturday, February 16, 2013 7:01 AM ( #39 )
I hate everything that has to do with constant internet connection, and streaming. Also is there a method, where they could identify our already purchased PS3 games, if not, then it isn't really backwards compatibility. I don't think either Sony or MS will include hardware based BC this gen, so I will be keeping my PS3, also 4 days then we can lay all those rumours to rest.
<message edited by moegooner88 on Saturday, February 16, 2013 7:06 AM>
Irishguy95

• Total Posts : 578
Re:ps4 backwards compatibility, yea or nay? wsj claims it's coming - Saturday, February 16, 2013 7:10 AM ( #40 )
At least no downloading large *** Ps3 games if I need em
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 63 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread