Which one should I buy?

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
marku

• Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
Which one should I buy? - Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:43 AM ( #1 )
Kinda bored of just shooting/fighting games.

These are the games I have in mind, I'm also buying games I missed out on:

DMC HD Collection
Metal Gear HD Collection
Ni No Kuni
FF13
FF13-2

ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:Which one should I buy? - Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:55 AM ( #2 )
I'd say choose between DMC HD, MG HD or Ni No Kuni. 

TheMART

• Total Posts : 3356
Re:Which one should I buy? - Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:05 AM ( #3 )
No one can really tell you what YOU would like best, as they will reply with their subjective look on every game.

MattyG

• Total Posts : 3346
Re:Which one should I buy? - Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:52 AM ( #4 )
They're all totally different games, it depends on what you like. I'd say MGS HD. Those 3 games combined should take you about 40-50 hours, and that isn't exploring everything. And they're great to replay too. I've played through MGS3 three times, on my 4th now.

caseh

• Total Posts : 316
Re:Which one should I buy? - Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:02 AM ( #5 )

DMC HD Collection Metal Gear HD Collection Ni No Kuni FF13 FF13-2
Be wary of FF13/13-2, they are dirt cheap these days but I couldn't even see the first one through to completion and the second one didn't even make it past me playing the demos.
Thats a first for me considering I completed every other FF game I played.
Metal Gear HD is one for fans, playing MGS2 after all these years has made me remember how having to press about 15 buttons to run while aiming a gun isn't really that much fun. MGS3 was more fun this time around but Peace Walker is a love it or hate it kind of game. Personally I wasn't fussed.
Not seen the DMC collection so can't comment.
Only heard good things about Ni No Kuni but again, this isn't one for me. Go get Binary Domain instead, epic game. :D
<message edited by caseh on Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:06 AM>

thorstein

• Total Posts : 419
Re:Which one should I buy? - Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:26 AM ( #6 )
  Ni No Kuni I have played for 50 hours (and I love to explore) and I am at the end of the 6th chapter. There is still one more chapter to go. It is great for lovers of the Dragon Quest series.
acemonkey

• Total Posts : 3026
Re:Which one should I buy? - Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:32 AM ( #7 )
what type of game do you prefer since most of these are different in gameplay...but i would go with MGS HD collection
Irishguy95

• Total Posts : 578
Re:Which one should I buy? - Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:37 AM ( #8 )
If you like Hack and slash - DMC, If you like Shooters and stealth with epic story - MGS, if you like J-rpgs Ni no kuni. If you like all genres and if you've never played an MGS before, MGS definitely. If you have played em. Ni no kuni
marku

Re:Which one should I buy? - Friday, February 22, 2013 6:54 AM ( #9 )
I have both PS3, and Xbox, and play all game types. I have DMC4 special ed on PS3, never finished it cause my ps3 had ylod and I bought a new one. I never started it again in case I played the first 3. The majority of my game collection that isn't Kinect is mainly FPS and Fighting (got my fighters on both, they're better on Xbox so that's why I got it).

I do have a number of old games I didn't complete/bought that I could finish such as:
Little Big Planet
Uncharted 1 and 2
Mirror's Edge
Skyrim
Borderlands 2
Rayman Origins
Heavy Rain
Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood

... just some names. 
moegooner88

• Total Posts : 2042
Re:Which one should I buy? - Friday, February 22, 2013 6:59 AM ( #10 )
FFXIII is very cheap now, also, if you are gonna get FFXIII-2, make sure to play this one first as both are connected story wise. I loved both FFXIII, and FFXIII-2, but as you can see, not everyone did, the first entry is too linear for some people to take, and story takes a while to develop and fill the missing pieces, check youtube videos to make sure that you will enjoy the combat system, as it can make or break the game for you.
marku

Re:Which one should I buy? - Friday, February 22, 2013 11:46 AM ( #11 )
I ended up buying DMC HD since I have DMC 4, playing these first allows me to finish 4 and understand the story. I also bought FF 13 and 13-2 since the price of both = the same as DMC HD. I got all 3 games on PS3 since Lens of Truth said they were slightly better on PS3. This week is the first time I've bought a PS3 game in 2 years.

I don't like that Metal Gear HD doesn't come with the 1st one. I also wanna buy God of War series, however Ascension takes place before GoW 1, so should I wait and buy that?
<message edited by marku on Friday, February 22, 2013 11:48 AM>
Ducky

• Total Posts : 2356
Re:Which one should I buy? - Friday, February 22, 2013 11:55 AM ( #12 )
marku

I don't like that Metal Gear HD doesn't come with the 1st one. I also wanna buy God of War series, however Ascension takes place before GoW 1, so should I wait and buy that? 

If you want to get into GoW, then buy the collection. Includes all the games including GoW3. I think playing them in order would be better than waiting for Ascension. 
PeeWizzle

• Total Posts : 2856
Re:Which one should I buy? - Friday, February 22, 2013 11:58 AM ( #13 )
If you're a JRPG fan you need Ni no Kuni. 
My soul is still dancing.  
marku

Re:Which one should I buy? - Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:28 AM ( #14 )
The 3 games I ordered arrived now. I'll be playing FF13-2 much later when I finish 13/get fed up. FFXIII is good, I like the battle system, but it does get tedious with cut scenes and going in a straight line. I tried DMC HD (DMC 1) too. I got it for PS3, I read somewhere that it has audio sync issues and frame rate lag later. Is this true? I got mine on PS3 since I had DMC 4 from ages ago, collector's edition on PS3. At the time, I wasn't really interested in DMC, I just saw a collector's edition really really cheap and thought I'd pick it up in case I like it. I usually buy my games (fighting 360 only now), depending on what Lens of Truth says, or if I already have one from the series on it from before. Otherwise I'd probably have the AC series spread between consoles.

I still want Ni No Kuni/GoW/MGS series but I'll cool down a bit. I still have Uncharted series to finish and Assassin's Creed (360). On top of the games I play competitively.  Ah, the problems of having both consoles...
<message edited by marku on Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:32 AM>
MiloGarret

• Total Posts : 1366
Re:Which one should I buy? - Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:36 AM ( #15 )
marku

I ended up buying DMC HD since I have DMC 4, playing these first allows me to finish 4 and understand the story. I also bought FF 13 and 13-2 since the price of both = the same as DMC HD. I got all 3 games on PS3 since Lens of Truth said they were slightly better on PS3. This week is the first time I've bought a PS3 game in 2 years.

Don't play DMC2. Don't.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
wishingW3L

• Total Posts : 1091
Re:Which one should I buy? - Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:40 AM ( #16 )
he already bought the worst game of the bunch.   

<message edited by wishingW3L on Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:44 AM>
Irishguy95

• Total Posts : 578
Re:Which one should I buy? - Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:55 AM ( #17 )
Oh you got FF13 and 13-2? ow unfortunate. Just make sure you lock away any sharp objects or weapons before you play. Those games may bore you into suicide.
WildArmed

• Total Posts : 10055
Re:Which one should I buy? - Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:34 AM ( #18 )
PeeWizzle

If you're a JRPG fan you need Ni no Kuni. 

Agreed, loving this too much. 

Jaqen_Hghar

• Total Posts : 1
Re:Which one should I buy? - Sunday, March 03, 2013 8:26 AM ( #19 )
I would say get MGSHD but the only game that I really play on it is MGS3, so just buy that on the store.  It's a prequel so you don't need to know the story up to that point (although MGS on PSone classics is also fantastic if you want to get some of the internal jokes).  MGS3 is my second favorite game of all time and MGS1 is great too despite some dated gameplay (story is fantastic and both will make you cry at certain points).

Other non-shooter stuff I would recommend would be Heavy Rain, Skyrim, Ratchet and Clank Future ToD and ACiT (lots of shooting but it's different and has lots of platforming), Rayman Origins, Journey, and Infamous.
marku

Re:Which one should I buy? - Thursday, March 07, 2013 10:26 AM ( #20 )
Thanks for the suggestions.

I haven't had much time to play since I made the last post, when I have, it wasn't FF13. :p If I only have an hour or so to spare, I'm not spending it on auto battle run in a line. I'm on DMC2 now which is awful, I would totally skip it but forcing myself to play all 4 of them. Finished DMC 1 in 2 1/2 - 3 hours.

I've also got Skyrim, on the 360, which I need to finish.
<message edited by marku on Thursday, March 07, 2013 10:29 AM>
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread