Much respect to Xbox gamers

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 40 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
mandf

• Total Posts : 37
  • Reward points : 0
Much respect to Xbox gamers - Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:04 PM ( #1 )
 I stayed up all night (noon now est) reading every single article about the Sony event. I was very shocked to see a lot of xbox gamers show us Playstation fans respect. I haven't found one Xbox gamer bashing the Ps4 or its conference. Thank you for letting us have our moment to enjoy it without the usual bs. I think us Playstation fans should show them the same respect they showed us. Maybe times are changing for the better. Journalists created this fanboy war and keep on promoting it. It's just old.

Maybe this next gen, we can talk about the games and the fun moments we have. we could educate each other about cool things on our own choice console and be more open minded. This site went from hate everyday on the Ps3 to hate everyday on xbox to the wii u. None of these consoles really suck. They each have there pros and cons. The bullying on this site is out control. If you don't like something intensely, leave it alone. Let people enjoy what they have. Not all of us are rich and can afford everything. Why are we so negative about every single game. I thought we love games.

As a Playstation fan and gamer in general no matter the console, I believe when the next xbox comes out we should let them have their moment even if you hate Ms or don't plan on buying. Maybe we could clean up this site a bit.

Now to people who know they are, yes your pc is superior in terms of tech stop being so insecure. 35 approved articles with out and out bashing of everything Sony related since the conference. Grow up! Go look at all the bs failed articles from pc sites just spewing hateful stuff. Kotaku the ring leader. Stop submitting articles with inaccurate info, made up stuff, and bs for chest bumping of the pc. Console gamers are a different kind of gamer and we out number you but get no respect. If you have nothing nice to say stay out of the article. You have no right to ruin someone's enjoyment of their hobby to raise your epeen.  
<message edited by mandf on Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:13 PM>
LtSkittles

• Total Posts : 3113
Re:Much respect to Xbox gamers - Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:11 PM ( #2 )
mandf

The bullying on this site is out control. If you don't like something intensely, leave it alone. Let people enjoy what they have. Not all of us are rich and can afford everything. Why are we so negative about every single game. I thought we love games.

As a Playstation fan and gamer in general no matter the console, I believe when the next xbox comes out we should let them have their moment even if you hate Ms or don't plan on buying. Maybe we could clean up this site a bit.

Now to people who know they are, yes your pc is superior in terms of tech stop being so insecure. 35 approved articles with out and out bashing of everything Sony related since the conference. Grow up! Go look at all the bs failed articles from pc sites just spewing hateful stuff. Kotaku the ring leader. Stop submitting articles with inaccurate info, made up stuff, and bs for chest bumping of the pc. Console gamers are a different kind of gamer and we out number you but get no respect. If you have nothing nice to say stay out of the article. You have no right to ruin someone's enjoyment of their hobby to raise your epeen.  

There's two parts to this site, the main site which a lot of the trolling, and bullying happens on, and then there's the forums, which are mostly just focused on participating. There is some trolling in the forums, but a lot of the times it's in jest. And there are users like myself here that don't pay much attention to the comments. Don't take the comments to heart, those people don't really believe in any of that stuff.
mandf

Re:Much respect to Xbox gamers - Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:22 PM ( #3 )
It was the main page surprisingly. Maybe 1 or 2 tops for the usual suspects. But man I was impressed. It would have been better but every article had pc fans going bonkers. I can't believe how threatened they were. You could read 10 comments about tech and they would all contradict each other. I haven't seen it that bad since 2006 on this site.
<message edited by mandf on Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:25 PM>
SmokeyMcBear

• Total Posts : 14805
Re:Much respect to Xbox gamers - Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:25 PM ( #4 )
the thing is, there are no xbox gamers anymore, MS basically alienated them with all the kinect gaming and focus on that and no new ips that the xbox gamers had it and turned to PC gaming.

All work and no play.. makes odion go something something
mandf

Re:Much respect to Xbox gamers - Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:29 PM ( #5 )
@ smokey 

You are probably right for the most part but there are a lot of 360 gamers on this site. Once Sony kept releasing exclusive after exclusive things settle down until the hacking in Sony servers. The WiiU came out and it started everything all over again. I have more problems with journalistic integrity than fanboys. They just keep promoting the hate.  

I just wish we could talk about any game without it sucks, it linear, sub hd etc etc. Just appriciate it as it was intended  to be fun
<message edited by mandf on Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:31 PM>
iNcRiMiNaTi

• Total Posts : 1357
Re:Much respect to Xbox gamers - Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:36 PM ( #6 )
SmokeyMcBear

the thing is, there are no xbox gamers anymore, MS basically alienated them with all the kinect gaming and focus on that and no new ips that the xbox gamers had it and turned to PC gaming.

Lol sounds like me since 09 it's been PC gaming for me and ended only buying gears and halo games to play with friends. I eventually bought a ps3 like 2 years ago and have a newfound respect for the Uncharted (bought a vita so I could play it on the go xD) series and impatiently waiting for The last of us.
JimRome

• Total Posts : 953
Re:Much respect to Xbox gamers - Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:53 PM ( #7 )
SmokeyMcBear

Smokey, you stole this from a Snapple cap. 

[font="'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif"]

NeverEnding1989

• Total Posts : 666
Re:Much respect to Xbox gamers - Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:57 PM ( #8 )
Well I've been seeing plenty of Xbox owners getting a good laugh at the new controller and lack of PS4 at the PS4 conference, but other than that I'd say you're right. 

SONY had a great conference. But there was no way they could have possibly lived up to the hype (reminds me of GTA IV). And since the expected underwhelming feeling post-PS4 conference, the hype train is already starting for the next Xbox without M$ having to do a thing. I think Xbox gamers are quiet because M$ is in the best possible position to counter.

Once all consoles are announced we'll start seeing things heat up again.

Welcome to next gen:

Whoooop

• Total Posts : 5653
Re:Much respect to Xbox gamers - Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:24 PM ( #9 )
hahah

Those disappeared ages ago, and for good reason. They probably come out of their caves soon and try to convince themselves that Kinect is the future.

Solid_Snake

• Total Posts : 2620
Re:Much respect to Xbox gamers - Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:36 PM ( #10 )
NeverEnding1989

Well I've been seeing plenty of Xbox owners getting a good laugh at the new controller and lack of PS4 at the PS4 conference, but other than that I'd say you're right. 

SONY had a great conference. But there was no way they could have possibly lived up to the hype (reminds me of GTA IV). And since the expected underwhelming feeling post-PS4 conference, the hype train is already starting for the next Xbox without M$ having to do a thing. I think Xbox gamers are quiet because M$ is in the best possible position to counter.

Once all consoles are announced we'll start seeing things heat up again.

Uhm.. No. 
MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE
B Man

• Total Posts : 8479
Re:Much respect to Xbox gamers - Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:36 PM ( #11 )
Obviously haven't been digging around enough, seeing as a couple of us were saying how quite a few things about it were lame on google+ (including a few sony fans).  Off the top of my head lame focus on sharing/social, a few gif-worthy moments using the dildo (looked like an MS conference at that point), the lame Diablo 3 port and the fact no hardware was shown.

There, I've fulfilled your fantasy to see an xbox gamer bash last night's conference.
LtSkittles

• Total Posts : 3113
Re:Much respect to Xbox gamers - Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:41 PM ( #12 )
If this is going to turn out like I think it might, then we don't need to go there.
ichimaru

• Total Posts : 2572
Re:Much respect to Xbox gamers - Thursday, February 21, 2013 5:06 PM ( #13 )
SmokeyMcBear

@OP  (mandf)  I think its the fact that most of us grew up since the first "console" war, literally. Also though I'm an Xbox gamer I found watching the Sony show legitimately entertaining. It excited me to see what I may consider buying. However its even more exciting to see what some of the same guys  here on N4G have in store for them. you guys deserve to celebrate, you got one heck of a machine this gen, devs seem even more excited than us which is always great.
<message edited by ichimaru on Thursday, February 21, 2013 5:07 PM>
  O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?- Jeremiah 4:14 False tears bring pai
ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:Much respect to Xbox gamers - Thursday, February 21, 2013 5:16 PM ( #14 )
What a subtly hidden bait thread, well done. You even got mods convinced.

-Mezzo-

• Total Posts : 2862
Re:Much respect to Xbox gamers - Thursday, February 21, 2013 5:20 PM ( #15 )
SmokeyMcBear

We even have some of them here, on this very Forums.

-MD- HAHAHA 

---------------
 But i will agree with the OP, hats of to them & that's exactly how i plan to behave once the NextBox hype is in full motion.

I will take Wii & Xbox Fanboy's over PC's anyday.
<message edited by -Mezzo- on Thursday, February 21, 2013 5:23 PM>

I'm Trolling For 'Tears'
Kon

• Total Posts : 11113
Re:Much respect to Xbox gamers - Thursday, February 21, 2013 5:29 PM ( #16 )
Xbox gamers are classy and they always respect the competition.
Stop Cyberbullying!

13/05/2014 - The day innovation died.
-Mezzo-

• Total Posts : 2862
Re:Much respect to Xbox gamers - Thursday, February 21, 2013 5:39 PM ( #17 )
Kon

Xbox gamers are classy and they always respect the competition.

Ok, now let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I'm Trolling For 'Tears'
Kon

• Total Posts : 11113
Re:Much respect to Xbox gamers - Thursday, February 21, 2013 5:55 PM ( #18 )
Simply the truth.
Stop Cyberbullying!

13/05/2014 - The day innovation died.
SmokeyMcBear

• Total Posts : 14805
Re:Much respect to Xbox gamers - Thursday, February 21, 2013 5:57 PM ( #19 )
now you see why we call you a fanboy.

All work and no play.. makes odion go something something
NeverEnding1989

• Total Posts : 666
Re:Much respect to Xbox gamers - Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:00 PM ( #20 )
-Mezzo-

But i will agree with the OP, hats of to them & that's exactly how i plan to behave once the NextBox hype is in full motion.

Not a good start, my friend.

Welcome to next gen:

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 40 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread