My intro/exit thread, come say hi before I disappear

flyingmunky

• Total Posts : 128
  • Reward points : 0
My intro/exit thread, come say hi before I disappear - Monday, February 25, 2013 8:10 PM ( #1 )
Hello all! I'm a longtime gamer that grew up in the NES era of gaming. I've been following this site for quite a while, having fun watching from along the sidelines. I figure I'll probably be commenting a little bit more often now that the next generation is finally on its way(no I really don't count the WiiU). I've actually been lurking in the shadows quite a bit so it is not likely anyone is going to scare me off. Besides I'm bored at work so I'll probably be on this thread for the next 3 hours.
Kon

• Total Posts : 11111
Re:My intro/exit thread, come say hi before I disappear - Monday, February 25, 2013 8:15 PM ( #2 )
Hello please stay.
Stop Cyberbullying!

13/05/2014 - The day innovation died.
Kon

• Total Posts : 11111
Re:My intro/exit thread, come say hi before I disappear - Monday, February 25, 2013 8:19 PM ( #3 )
Oh look who's here.
Stop Cyberbullying!

13/05/2014 - The day innovation died.
SmokeyMcBear

• Total Posts : 14805
Re:My intro/exit thread, come say hi before I disappear - Monday, February 25, 2013 8:20 PM ( #4 )
welcome to the forums.

All work and no play.. makes odion go something something
flyingmunky

Re:My intro/exit thread, come say hi before I disappear - Monday, February 25, 2013 8:24 PM ( #5 )
Kon

Hello please stay.

No promises on that, I tend to be pretty busy.  I'm an undergraduate Physics/CS/Mathematics student with a 32 hour a week job.  I'll be around but probably not comment very often.
flyingmunky

Re:My intro/exit thread, come say hi before I disappear - Monday, February 25, 2013 8:26 PM ( #6 )
SmokeyMcBear

welcome to the forums.

Thanks!
Dang did you zap ZNP's comment into oblivion?  That was pretty fast, I barely caught it!  
UnSelf

• Total Posts : 2569
Re:My intro/exit thread, come say hi before I disappear - Monday, February 25, 2013 8:36 PM ( #7 )
flyingmunky

SmokeyMcBear

welcome to the forums.

Thanks!
Dang did you zap ZNP's comment into oblivion?  That was pretty fast, I barely caught it!  

sometimes smokey flies off the handle and slices comments down indiscriminately 

theres a myth that he once cut rando's post count down to only 349 posts. 

the myth also states that at the time rando was only at 350 posts. 

SmokeyMcBear

• Total Posts : 14805
Re:My intro/exit thread, come say hi before I disappear - Monday, February 25, 2013 8:41 PM ( #8 )
i actually did wipe out rando for like 15 minutes, i permanantly deleted some comments instead of just puting them in trash bin, and farked up thread royaly, cat had to go to archives to get it back, almost gave me a heart attack.

All work and no play.. makes odion go something something
flyingmunky

Re:My intro/exit thread, come say hi before I disappear - Monday, February 25, 2013 8:45 PM ( #9 )
UnSelf

flyingmunky

SmokeyMcBear

welcome to the forums.

Thanks!

sometimes smokey flies off the handle and slices comments down indiscriminately 

theres a myth that he once cut rando's post count down to only 349 posts. 

the myth also states that at the time rando was only at 350 posts. 

Well at least he didn't have to work very hard at it then, lol.

So what is the deal with Kon?  Is he like the adopted and abused son of the n4g forums?  He has a real home right?
ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:My intro/exit thread, come say hi before I disappear - Monday, February 25, 2013 8:46 PM ( #10 )
flyingmunky

Hello all! I'm a longtime gamer that grew up in the NES era of gaming. I've been following this site for quite a while, having fun watching from along the sidelines. I figure I'll probably be commenting a little bit more often now that the next generation is finally on its way(no I really don't count the WiiU). I've actually been lurking in the shadows quite a bit so it is not likely anyone is going to scare me off. Besides I'm bored at work so I'll probably be on this thread for the next 3 hours.

Welcome to the forums. Sorry to burst your bubble, but the WiiU is a next generation console. Now enjoy your stay.

flyingmunky

Re:My intro/exit thread, come say hi before I disappear - Monday, February 25, 2013 8:51 PM ( #11 )
SmokeyMcBear

i actually did wipe out rando for like 15 minutes, i permanantly deleted some comments instead of just puting them in trash bin, and farked up thread royaly, cat had to go to archives to get it back, almost gave me a heart attack.

I thought rando WAS the trash bin?  Isn't that were everyone goes to talk nonsense about nothing?  I guess without a trashcan though all the junk spills out in the regular threads.  Kinda like a fat guy at a computer desk covered in junk cause he ran out of trash bags.  
Whoooop

• Total Posts : 5653
Re:My intro/exit thread, come say hi before I disappear - Monday, February 25, 2013 8:57 PM ( #12 )
flyingmunky

SmokeyMcBear

I thought rando WAS the trash bin?  Isn't that were everyone goes to talk nonsense about nothing?  I guess without a trashcan though all the junk spills out in the regular threads.  Kinda like a fat guy at a computer desk covered in junk cause he ran out of trash bags.  

TMAN is this your alter ego?

flyingmunky

Re:My intro/exit thread, come say hi before I disappear - Monday, February 25, 2013 9:03 PM ( #13 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

flyingmunky

Welcome to the forums. Sorry to burst your bubble, but the WiiU is a next generation console. Now enjoy your stay.

Yeah I know.  Mostly I phrase it that way because I mean it to be derogatory towards how double mild weak-sauce the wiiU really is.  I grew up on the Nintendo so it really disgusts me how they pander to casual gamers now.  In fact I used to be a die hard supporter of Nintendo until the late 90's, when I won a playstation dualshock system at six flags.  I cheated at some game called dinosaur for two days to rack up enough tickets to trade in and get the it.  Then I played final fantasy 7 and it was all over, I love a good rpg.  I've been a supporter of playstation since then, probably will continue that direction until they burn me like Nintendo did.  
flyingmunky

Re:My intro/exit thread, come say hi before I disappear - Monday, February 25, 2013 9:10 PM ( #14 )
Whoooop

flyingmunky

SmokeyMcBear

TMAN is this your alter ego?

No, I was around to read about the demise of TMAN and his ill formed army.  If I appear to be TMAN it is only because I'm bored at work and able to respond to everyone's posts.  So you could say that when you plumb the depths of boredom far enough, any man can become a TMAN. 

Besides its no fun in introduction threads for the guy/gal to make one post and hightail it at warp speed in the opposite direction like they just walked into their parents doing the nasty.
<message edited by flyingmunky on Monday, February 25, 2013 9:12 PM>
INehalemEXI

• Total Posts : 3933
Re:My intro/exit thread, come say hi before I disappear - Monday, February 25, 2013 9:16 PM ( #15 )
Sounds like a signature move from wrastling. The awkward finishing move lol.
flyingmunky

Re:My intro/exit thread, come say hi before I disappear - Monday, February 25, 2013 9:40 PM ( #16 )
INehalemEXI

Sounds like a signature move from wrastling. The awkward finishing move lol.

I guess I don't quite know what you are talking about.  I'm guessing it will make more sense once I get home and consume a large amount of alcohol.  My classes just got cancelled since a snowstorm is on its way, supposed to snow a foot or some such rubbish.  

As a sidenote/convo starter:  Anyone else wonder how some people even manage to make it where they are going without running into a wall?  I've talked to people at work tonight that are so dumb I wonder how they even managed to dial the number properly.  
ichimaru

• Total Posts : 2572
Re:My intro/exit thread, come say hi before I disappear - Monday, February 25, 2013 9:46 PM ( #17 )
welcome
  O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?- Jeremiah 4:14 False tears bring pai
INehalemEXI

• Total Posts : 3933
Re:My intro/exit thread, come say hi before I disappear - Monday, February 25, 2013 9:48 PM ( #18 )
snowstorms bad , sparkely beers .....sound refreshing ! Welcome !
flyingmunky

Re:My intro/exit thread, come say hi before I disappear - Monday, February 25, 2013 10:11 PM ( #19 )
ichimaru

welcome

Thank you!
It's nice to finally get an introduction out there.  I've really been meaning to do it for awhile but I was afraid someone would be mean to me and I would have to give up on the forums entirely.  I have a fragile ego...

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread