You never go full retard

Vigor

• Total Posts : 51
  • Reward points : 0
You never go full retard - Thursday, March 07, 2013 10:01 PM ( #1 )
I'm straight  but yet this actually offended me. EA's desperate attempt at steering away the negatives press  from simcity.

thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 7018
Re:You never go full retard - Thursday, March 07, 2013 10:03 PM ( #2 )
Does it offend you because you're not as straight as you claim to be and you're fighting it as hard as you can?

Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11965
Re:You never go full retard - Thursday, March 07, 2013 10:11 PM ( #3 )
For a second I thought this was about the front-pager butthurt over 7/10's for Ascension. Disappointed.

thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 7018
Re:You never go full retard - Thursday, March 07, 2013 10:16 PM ( #4 )
Eiffel

For a second I thought this was about the front-pager butthurt over 7/10's for Ascension. Disappointed.

I haven't looked, but I take it there's some hurt feeling over it?

Eiffel

Re:You never go full retard - Thursday, March 07, 2013 10:24 PM ( #5 )
thebudgetgamer

Eiffel

Just the usual damage control comments.

"_____? Never heard of this site."
"DAY 1 ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"The review doesn't match the final score which is a 9."
"Stupid review."
"This reviewer is biased."

It's a trip to read. 

Kon

• Total Posts : 11111
Re:You never go full retard - Friday, March 08, 2013 8:55 AM ( #6 )
EA is the one of the only developers pushing lgbt relationships in games and all you guys do is complain? I have no words.
Stop Cyberbullying!

13/05/2014 - The day innovation died.
ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:You never go full retard - Friday, March 08, 2013 8:58 AM ( #7 )
Kon

EA is the one of the only developers pushing lgbt relationships in games and all you guys do is complain? I have no words.

Video games are entertainment. Not a medium to push every freaking modern progressive's agenda.

sjaakiejj

• Total Posts : 858
Re:You never go full retard - Friday, March 08, 2013 9:17 AM ( #8 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

Kon

Video games are entertainment. Not a medium to push every freaking modern progressive's agenda.

None of their games force it on you, I don't understand the problem with having the option. It's an issue in society and the more media shows that it's okay to be gay, the less the public will worry about it.
"I dont need to read Sonys technical crap, its for the fanboys who believe 6 year old tech is still some super computer lol. "

^^
Front-pagers are funny
MiloGarret

• Total Posts : 1366
Re:You never go full retard - Friday, March 08, 2013 10:03 AM ( #9 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

Kon

I'm embarrassed as a human being that I occasionally comment on the same forum as you and the OP. 

I applaud EA for this, +1.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
Eiffel

Re:You never go full retard - Friday, March 08, 2013 10:11 AM ( #10 )
MiloGarret

ZombieNinjaPanda

Kon

I'm embarrassed as a human being that I occasionally comment on the same forum as you and the OP. 

I just watched the video, I don't get it. All they did was take a bunch of clips of characters making out or getting done ****ing, do they honesty think that's a real message? There's more to it than same sex couples ****ing, with this video I severely question EA's own understanding of what they support. I guess that's all gay people amount to in video games according to EA? Option A or B pixel screw partner? 
<message edited by Eiffel on Friday, March 08, 2013 10:13 AM>

ZombieNinjaPanda

Re:You never go full retard - Friday, March 08, 2013 10:34 AM ( #11 )
MiloGarret

ZombieNinjaPanda

Kon

You remind me of the activists complaining about all their first world problems. Meanwhile women and gays and transexuals are being murdered in countries around the world.

NOPE VIDYA GAMES ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN THAT.

If anything, you're the embarrassment and a shame to humanity. Remember, it's the little battles that contribute nothing that are easiest to win, so keep claiming yourself to be a humanitarian like EA is out of false ideals to make yourself LOOK good. 

Satanas

• Total Posts : 13047
Re:You never go full retard - Friday, March 08, 2013 10:34 AM ( #12 )
This is not EA highlighting various LGBT characters in their games, which would have been a perfectly alright thing to do. This is a video of gay/lesbian characters making out in video games, which doesn't send any message at all other than pure bizarreness.

A reel of LGBT characters doing things unrelated to the fact that they are LGBT would have been "highlighting various LGBT character in our games"

I agree with Eiffel

Imagine a video titled "A reel of characters in EA video games" and it was just a bunch of macho protagonists banging female characters. I think that would be found to be pretty irrelevant/tasteless, right? This is no different
<message edited by Satanas on Friday, March 08, 2013 10:37 AM>
ZombieNinjaPanda

Re:You never go full retard - Friday, March 08, 2013 10:43 AM ( #13 )
Eiffel

I just watched the video, I don't get it. All they did was take a bunch of clips of characters making out or getting done ****ing, do they honesty think that's a real message? There's more to it than same sex couples ****ing, with this video I severely question EA's own understanding of what they support. I guess that's all gay people amount to in video games according to EA? Option A or B pixel screw partner? 

Come on Eiffel, you already know what this is. It's the same thing as those Kony retards on facebook. "I watched and shared a video online about Kony, I AM HELPING THE WORLD, RIGHT?"

Internet activists, they put on a show to make it LOOK like they're actually supporting others or helping, when in reality they haven't moved an inch off their ass from their computers in their homes, then act all high and mighty when they haven't done anything. 

caseh

• Total Posts : 317
Re:You never go full retard - Friday, March 08, 2013 12:04 PM ( #14 )

Come on Eiffel, you already know what this is. It's the same thing as those Kony retards on facebook. "I watched and shared a video online about Kony, I AM HELPING THE WORLD, RIGHT?" Internet activists, they put on a show to make it LOOK like they're actually supporting others or helping, when in reality they haven't moved an inch off their ass from their computers in their homes, then act all high and mighty when they haven't done anything.
Same can be said of most things, people who condone software piracy while listing to mp3s they've downloaded. Most people these days take the holier than thou attitude but rarely do they do anything to prove it. Keyboard warriors and forum champions

SmokeyMcBear

• Total Posts : 14805
Re:You never go full retard - Friday, March 08, 2013 12:16 PM ( #15 )
amen!

All work and no play.. makes odion go something something
redDevil87

• Total Posts : 8354
Re:You never go full retard - Friday, March 08, 2013 12:37 PM ( #16 )
Video looks like it was knocked up by a student using Windows movie maker.

If your going to make a video about this issue at least make it good, something thought provoking, something that will send a message to the industry and people who follow it. This should have been the outro for a presentation.

MidnytRain

• Total Posts : 3755
Re:You never go full retard - Friday, March 08, 2013 2:25 PM ( #17 )
Eiffel

thebudgetgamer

Eiffel

Just the usual damage control comments.

"_____? Never heard of this site."
"DAY 1 ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"The review doesn't match the final score which is a 9."
"Stupid review."
"This reviewer is biased."

It's a trip to read. 

Why? It's the same stuff every time...
B Man

• Total Posts : 8479
Re:You never go full retard - Friday, March 08, 2013 4:50 PM ( #18 )
It was the homos that pushed for this being allowed in Mass Effect.  Just sayin'....
TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4403
Re:You never go full retard - Friday, March 08, 2013 5:28 PM ( #19 )
How does this thread relate to the Tropic Thunder line? I don't get it...

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread