Horror/thriller scenes that left an impact

redDevil87

• Total Posts : 8354
  • Reward points : 0
Horror/thriller scenes that left an impact - Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:45 AM ( #1 )
So i've been watching more horror films lately and i've seen some really good ones, and some really sh*t ones. As you get older you become desentisied to the genre, but every now and then a film can still give you a good scare.

What movie scenes legitimately gave you nightmares, made you jump, be scared to be alone in the dark, or were just memorable? The scenes that you'll remember forever. It doesn't have to just be recently, it could films from your child hood.

EDIT: It can be thrillers as well, a lot of films are horrow/thriller like the sixth sense, halloween etc.

As a Kid, this scene 

For some reason this gave me a really bad nightmare as a kid:

I still remember the nightmare. All the worshippers and guards had me cornered and were all ready to put me in the cage and rip my heart out. They were chanting all this sh*t.

The ending of Saw 1. DAT TWIST!!!

The rape scene in the Hills have eyes. It was just disgusting, creepy, uncomfortable and i don't think anyone was expecting a scene like that. My cousin, a girl, actually got up and left the room because of how much it freaked her out.
<message edited by redDevil87 on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:53 AM>

dalibor

• Total Posts : 183
Re:Horror/thriller scenes that left an impact - Thursday, March 14, 2013 12:42 PM ( #2 )

That scream (1:26) still freaks me out to this day that the alien makes. Even the new version of The Thing was pretty good. For as a kid it was a movie called Salems Lot where there was a scene in it where one of the two brothers was turned into a vampire and later came back for his brother so he could be turned as well. That scene freaked me out as I was only about 9 to 10yrs old I would say. It took me forever to finally figure out what movie that was haha.
<message edited by dalibor on Thursday, March 14, 2013 12:46 PM>
dalibor

• Total Posts : 183
Re:Horror/thriller scenes that left an impact - Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:01 PM ( #3 )

Sorry for the double post but I was able to find the scene I was referring to and here it is....
Yeah it's not that scary today but back then when I was young that scared me to death. The Hills Have Eyes was brutal indeed have to see that one again for it's been a while since I seen it.
redDevil87

Re:Horror/thriller scenes that left an impact - Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:14 PM ( #4 )
http://www.youtube.com/wa...dded&v=NaAjXqdB-40

Ahhhh everything is nice and calm . . .

. . .

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

I saw this as a kid and my blood ran cold, it f*ckin sh*t me up hard lol. It completely came out of the blue, great scare.

The twist at the end of Orphan. Hands down one of my favourite twists of all time, it just made everything even more messed up. One of my friends guessed it, but i didn't see it coming, even if you gave me 100 guesses. 

The opening scene of Final Destination. I didn't know what to expect when i began watching the film but what a way to start a film. Too bad the following films got worse and worse.

<message edited by redDevil87 on Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:16 PM>

UnSelf

• Total Posts : 2569
Re:Horror/thriller scenes that left an impact - Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:18 PM ( #5 )
The Ring remains to be the only movie in the genre that comes the closest to being scary. That movie had so much potential wit the tv and images. Movies aren't rly that scary or I just haven't seen enough

Resident evil 1 - 3 are much scarier than any movie I've ever seen

redDevil87

Re:Horror/thriller scenes that left an impact - Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:24 PM ( #6 )
UnSelf

The Ring remains to be the only movie in the genre that comes the closest to being scary. That movie had so much potential wit the tv and images. Movies aren't rly that scary or I just haven't seen enough

Resident evil 1 - 3 are much scarier than any movie I've ever seen

What about scenes that you just remember because of how good they were?

Like the ending of the Sixth Sense or head in a box from Se7en.

B Man

• Total Posts : 8479
Re:Horror/thriller scenes that left an impact - Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:49 PM ( #7 )
Wasn't from a movie but DEFINITELY left an impact.

Warpath

• Total Posts : 7
Re:Horror/thriller scenes that left an impact - Saturday, March 30, 2013 7:23 PM ( #8 )
This thread scared the sh!t out of me.
Picnic

• Total Posts : 165
Re:Horror/thriller scenes that left an impact - Sunday, March 31, 2013 6:53 AM ( #9 )
Have any of you even seen A Nightmare on Elm Street? Scariest scene ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEF9GiwHTdc

Nancy's School Dream Scene

Personally I think that the first film is a psychological masterpiece and it is a huge shame that, with some of the sequels, people trvialised the series as just a typical slasher movie even when it was trying to return to some of that seriousness in parts 3 and 4.

Silent Hill was surely partly inspired by A Nightmare on Elm Street. 

<message edited by Picnic on Sunday, March 31, 2013 7:01 AM>
Picnic

• Total Posts : 165
Re:Horror/thriller scenes that left an impact - Sunday, March 31, 2013 7:00 AM ( #10 )

Cyberz

• Total Posts : 291
Re:Horror/thriller scenes that left an impact - Sunday, March 31, 2013 7:02 AM ( #11 )
Picnic

Have any of you even seen A Nightmare on Elm Street? Scariest scene ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEF9GiwHTdc

Nancy's School Dream Scene

Personally I think that the first film is a psychological masterpiece and it is a huge shame that, with some of the sequels, people trvialised the series as just a typical slasher movie even when it was trying to return to some of that seriousness in parts 3 and 4.

Silent Hill was surely partly inspired by A Nightmare on Elm Street. 

What scares me, is you just quoted yourself. Lol. 

Picnic

And edited it. Thank god. 
<message edited by Cyberz on Sunday, March 31, 2013 7:03 AM>
caseh

• Total Posts : 317
Re:Horror/thriller scenes that left an impact - Sunday, March 31, 2013 9:10 AM ( #12 )
[tube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdqU-gxoZyc[/tube] Another Poltergeist one for me: Step into the light? F*ck that, I don't know what was freakier; the sqeuaky midget wannabe hobbit woman or the poltergeist... (can't link the video on my work PC...)
<message edited by caseh on Sunday, March 31, 2013 9:11 AM>

Rage_S90

• Total Posts : 7899
Re:Horror/thriller scenes that left an impact - Sunday, March 31, 2013 10:24 AM ( #13 )
B Man

Wasn't from a movie but DEFINITELY left an impact.

An impact in my pants! 

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message