How far can go the graphics in the next gen

WillM17

• Total Posts : 26
  • Reward points : 0
How far can go the graphics in the next gen - Wednesday, March 13, 2013 9:31 PM ( #1 )
I am opening a discussion around how far they can reach the graphics. the first games released on the PS3, for example, were Resistance: Fall of Man, Ridge Racer 7, Call of Duty 3, NBA 2k7, among others. These games were physical and Ai like PS2, were PS2 games with high definition graphics, but around 2 after years we started to see the power of the console. The games announced by Sony for the PS4 were surprising in graphs, but nothing impressive compared to The Last of Us, Killzone 3, God of War, whatever, in a matter of 2 years or less, we will see innovative graphics, enhanced intelligence, details never seen before. THIS IS NEXT GEN COMING
Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11833
Re:How far can go the graphics in the next gen - Wednesday, March 13, 2013 9:34 PM ( #2 )
I think the real question is how much farther can gameplay fall. 

Rage_S90

• Total Posts : 7899
Re:How far can go the graphics in the next gen - Wednesday, March 13, 2013 9:34 PM ( #3 )
Crysis 1 with mods. 

WillM17

Re:How far can go the graphics in the next gen - Wednesday, March 13, 2013 9:53 PM ( #4 )
mistaken or not?
Kon

• Total Posts : 10864
Re:How far can go the graphics in the next gen - Wednesday, March 13, 2013 10:12 PM ( #5 )
Stop Cyberbullying!
Dagobert

• Total Posts : 204
Re:How far can go the graphics in the next gen - Thursday, March 14, 2013 12:29 AM ( #6 )
Ok.
-MD-

• Total Posts : 8196
Re:How far can go the graphics in the next gen - Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:53 AM ( #7 )
Eiffel

This lol.

Everything is a movie now. Games play themselves.
MidnytRain

• Total Posts : 3489
Re:How far can go the graphics in the next gen - Thursday, March 14, 2013 4:47 AM ( #8 )
-MD-

Eiffel

This lol.

Everything is a movie now. Games play themselves.

Not EVERYthing...

dalibor

• Total Posts : 183
Re:How far can go the graphics in the next gen - Thursday, March 14, 2013 11:53 AM ( #9 )
Well the new physics definitely will help in creating new animations for games and all but it all depends on how far developers want to take it. I mean the animations for The Last Of Us looks really nice compared to some of the other games out there. To me personally I want it all great, fun, awesome gameplay and great graphics and as well as great music haha yeah that might be to much to ask for haha. And I didn't even mention voice acting that too makes a game come to life as well....
FAT MAN GO BOOM

• Total Posts : 15362
Re:How far can go the graphics in the next gen - Thursday, March 14, 2013 12:41 PM ( #10 )
this always comes up with every new system... it can go way way way past than anything we have now...... 

Graphics do not stop at photo realism... it can go past that...  and once you hit that wall there is always outwards... instead of the main character looking awesome the rest of the surroundings and assist and can improve as well... how many times have we played a game where the main character is so awesome so believable but the supporting cast is crap...

Or one level is total shat compared to another because it can't pull of rain right or snow...  and so on...

Than it can go in to attention to detail... deeper and deeper... smaller and smaller details... that will help suck in the gamers...

Than when we hit that there is alway  creative style to come through....  they will have the power to pull off just about anything...

but we are many many many generations from that....

[ali
WillM17

Re:How far can go the graphics in the next gen - Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:02 PM ( #11 )
 Took the words out of my mouth, all this will be vital. There is no such thing as graphics do not matter, or gameplay or whatever. It is crucial for a good game.
UnSelf

• Total Posts : 2569
Re:How far can go the graphics in the next gen - Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:09 PM ( #12 )
I read the thread title in an Arab accent

SmokeyMcBear

• Total Posts : 14750
Re:How far can go the graphics in the next gen - Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:23 PM ( #13 )
naw man, russian is the correct accent to read the title.

All work and no play.. makes odion go something something
Satanas

• Total Posts : 13047
Re:How far can go the graphics in the next gen - Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:24 PM ( #14 )
WillM17

These games were physical

I'm still trying to figure out what this is supposed to mean
UnSelf

• Total Posts : 2569
Re:How far can go the graphics in the next gen - Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:29 PM ( #15 )
In my head my Russian and German accents are indistinguishable 

SmokeyMcBear

• Total Posts : 14750
Re:How far can go the graphics in the next gen - Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:31 PM ( #16 )
man, russian is more deep and deliberate, german is more loud and angry.

All work and no play.. makes odion go something something
Satanas

• Total Posts : 13047
Re:How far can go the graphics in the next gen - Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:36 PM ( #17 )
UnSelf

In my head my Russian and German accents are indistinguishable 

They're pretty extremely different, but then again I suppose you'd need to have heard both a decent amount to know that
ichimaru

• Total Posts : 2572
Re:How far can go the graphics in the next gen - Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:57 PM ( #18 )
thiiiiiiiiiis far
  O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?- Jeremiah 4:14 False tears bring pai

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread