Dragon Age? Cheap price?

mrkeith

• Total Posts : 1563
  • Reward points : 0
Dragon Age? Cheap price? - Wednesday, April 03, 2013 1:20 PM ( #1 )
Hey guys I got spring break coming up and i was looking to see if i could grab Dragon Age to play. I only played like 1 hour of time with the game so I figured since ill have nothing to do next week that I would buy it. Anyone know a legit site to buy this game cheap? I was looking for a bundle but just getting part 1 would be cool with me. Anyways I tried looking at some steam key sites that I have ordered from before but they are all sold out. Anyone got any leads for me?
 <sjel> yeah well, trying to correct people on irc or in forums is like skating uphill.. backwards

sjaakiejj

• Total Posts : 858
Re:Dragon Age? Cheap price? - Wednesday, April 03, 2013 1:24 PM ( #2 )
http://www.amazon.com/Dra...n+Age+Origins+ultimate

$18,- is a great price for the ultimate edition. It's over 100 hours of gameplay (60 of the main game, and 40 from the expansions)
"I dont need to read Sonys technical crap, its for the fanboys who believe 6 year old tech is still some super computer lol. "

^^
Front-pagers are funny
mrkeith

Re:Dragon Age? Cheap price? - Wednesday, April 03, 2013 2:07 PM ( #3 )
Is that a key? Ill have to register it in the USA unless i use a VPN which I don't feel like doing. I don't think they have any territory locks on it. I'd like a Steam key so they I can have it on my Steam Library list
 <sjel> yeah well, trying to correct people on irc or in forums is like skating uphill.. backwards

Cat

• Total Posts : 14018
Re:Dragon Age? Cheap price? - Wednesday, April 03, 2013 2:19 PM ( #4 )
sjaakiejj

$18,- is a great price for the ultimate edition. It's over 100 hours of gameplay (60 of the main game, and 40 from the expansions)

That's a steal. And the 100+ hours of gameplay is on one play through - I think I did 5? 
mrkeith

Re:Dragon Age? Cheap price? - Wednesday, April 03, 2013 2:41 PM ( #5 )
Im looking at the reviews and I totally forgot how it was a point and click RPG game. Im kind of turned off by this cause Im not sure if Im playing them right. To me these type of games just seem to be about the person with the highest Health bar wins. Am I right or is there some strategy? It seems like im constantly just buying healing potions all the time. Is that how Im suppose to be playing these games or did I miss something?

sjaakiejj

• Total Posts : 858
Re:Dragon Age? Cheap price? - Wednesday, April 03, 2013 2:48 PM ( #6 )
mrkeith

Im looking at the reviews and I totally forgot how it was a point and click RPG game. Im kind of turned off by this cause Im not sure if Im playing them right. To me these type of games just seem to be about the person with the highest Health bar wins. Am I right or is there some strategy? It seems like im constantly just buying healing potions all the time. Is that how Im suppose to be playing these games or did I miss something?

You're thinking in terms of Diablo-style games. Dragon Age's combat system is really nothing like Diablo - it's heavily based on tactics. Your health bar can be as high as you want, but if your tactics are lousy in this game, your party will be down before you know it. 

As for the steam key - that's probably going to end up costing you more. I don't know what the Ultimate Edition costs on Steam in the US, but I doubt you're going to get it at a much better price than the Amazon one. There's no region restriction for as far as I'm aware - it's an old-fashioned serial key system. 
"I dont need to read Sonys technical crap, its for the fanboys who believe 6 year old tech is still some super computer lol. "

^^
Front-pagers are funny
Cat

• Total Posts : 14018
Re:Dragon Age? Cheap price? - Wednesday, April 03, 2013 9:26 PM ( #7 )
sjaakiejj

mrkeith

You're thinking in terms of Diablo-style games. Dragon Age's combat system is really nothing like Diablo - it's heavily based on tactics. Your health bar can be as high as you want, but if your tactics are lousy in this game, your party will be down before you know it. 

This. Convinced a friend to play it and for whatever reason his strategy was abysmal and he couldn't handle even the earliest encounters. 
WildArmed

• Total Posts : 10060
Re:Dragon Age? Cheap price? - Wednesday, April 03, 2013 9:29 PM ( #8 )
Loved DA:O. 

For an easier time, go mage.

For a blast, go rogue lol :D

-MD-

• Total Posts : 8196
Re:Dragon Age? Cheap price? - Thursday, April 04, 2013 12:42 AM ( #9 )
Ya know I bought this like 2 years for $25, put 2 hours into it and lost interest. I need to give it another go.
Bladesfist

• Total Posts : 770
Re:Dragon Age? Cheap price? - Thursday, April 04, 2013 5:14 AM ( #10 )
-MD-

Ya know I bought this like 2 years for $25, put 2 hours into it and lost interest. I need to give it another go.

That you do. The game is good fun and is up with the Witcher 2 in my books. 
mrkeith

Re:Dragon Age? Cheap price? - Thursday, April 04, 2013 9:48 PM ( #11 )
For some reason i can't quote a message. Kind of why i left these forums but anyways @Cat im like your buddy. Im not really sure how to go into the combat situations since the other characters are usually controlled. @Bladesfist this game is totally different from the Witcher 2. I love the Witcher 2 and have beat it (Thinking about downloading it now to play oagain over my Spring Break)Dragon Age is in a whole new category for me. The game is honestly very difficult but thats what leaves me so addicted to beat the damn thing P.S. Redownloading The Witcher 2 :P 16 gigs. Thank god for Verizon Fios 75/35 package
<message edited by mrkeith on Thursday, April 04, 2013 9:51 PM>

Theo1130

• Total Posts : 1868
Re:Dragon Age? Cheap price? - Thursday, April 04, 2013 11:17 PM ( #12 )
mrkeith

For some reason i can't quote a message. Kind of why i left these forums but anyways @Cat im like your buddy. Im not really sure how to go into the combat situations since the other characters are usually controlled. @Bladesfist this game is totally different from the Witcher 2. I love the Witcher 2 and have beat it (Thinking about downloading it now to play oagain over my Spring Break)Dragon Age is in a whole new category for me. The game is honestly very difficult but thats what leaves me so addicted to beat the damn thing P.S. Redownloading The Witcher 2 :P 16 gigs. Thank god for Verizon Fios 75/35 package

Did you buy the games yet?  If you want you can borrow my origins account, my pc is MIA so I wouldn't mind.
mrkeith

Re:Dragon Age? Cheap price? - Friday, April 05, 2013 12:39 PM ( #13 )
It's cool man. I'll just wait for a Steam sale or something. I totally forgot that i got Sniper 2 to still beat and I may run through the Witcher 2 again. I'm a little scared to grab Dragon Age just cause it's all about point and click fighting and I don't think i would have much fun with it. How are you guys quoting messages? I click "Add Quote" and absolutely nothing happens for me.

Columbo

• Total Posts : 5197
Re:Dragon Age? Cheap price? - Friday, April 05, 2013 12:44 PM ( #14 )
Why is this thread even still going on? Just buy the game. One of the best RPGs of this generation (besides Dark Souls of course). It's not some point and click game like Diablo. I didn't play the PC version, but I assume it is similar to WoW where you click a character and then can use key-bindings to cast spells, then click to switch characters, etc. And you can't quote or use the forums correctly because the forum code sucks and doesn't work with Firefox after version 3.4 or something like that. Same thing happens to me.
mrkeith

Re:Dragon Age? Cheap price? - Saturday, April 06, 2013 12:28 AM ( #15 )
yeah mod you can close this thread. I should have looked at the Review for the game first cause I forgot it was point and click. Ill stick with the Witcher series lol

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread