Aspiring Games designer/Let's player & is a games degree worth it? Let's talk.

TrickyAcid

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Aspiring Games designer/Let's player & is a games degree worth it? Let's talk. - Thursday, April 04, 2013 3:28 PM ( #1 )
Hey I've just joined N4G. And I thought it'd be great to get to know the community but would be great to discuss
gaming with you all.

I've recently graduated with a games design degree and my passion is to become a games designer. If there's anyone interested
in the same criteria I'll be happy to answer any questions of how the degree went if you're interested in studying it and just 
any thoughts that you'd like me share with you.

Since graduating I've been looking into developing a game and branching it out to the public. I decided making an IOS game would
be best suited, so currently i'm working on an IOS game, it's meant to be an very easy pick up and play, no cluster of tons amounts of
options. And very simple controls. 

When it comes to a mobile game, I feel the game shouldn't throw tons of options, it should be simple, fun and addictive. And I think
hitting those three milestones can lead to a great success, of course making the polished and almost error free is a given too. So
later this year I hope to have it released on the App store. 

If there's any mobile games that you are interested in and reasons to why you love the title, it'd be great to hear from you. Also what are your opinions on gaming on a mobile in general? Do you sit at home and play for hours or do you pick up the game on the train and play for a bit and then turn it off once you've reached your destination? 

Apart from that, I also have started doing let's play videos on Youtube. I started quite recently and currently i'm doing a let's play
on Bioshock Infinite on the Xbox360. I've always wanted to express my emotions and just keep people entertained with something
nice to watch. So I usually get on with that during some of my free time when not working on my mobile app.

If you're interested my Youtube channel is:  (Unfortunatly I cannot post links on here at the moment)
 But on youtube if you search TheTrickyAcid  That is my channel. 

(It's filled with my let's plays, achievement hunting videos, Skyrim and I'll have more stuff on the way) 

You all can check out some of my videos and hopefully you'll like them.

However apart from my let's play videos, in terms of games development I really hope I can break into the industry and I think the only way to do is to get your foot in by creating something that will hopefully turn some heads.

If there's any questions about me doing a games design degree or anything at all, ask away and I'd be happy to answer and also give my opinion on the matter as well. 

<message edited by TrickyAcid on Thursday, April 04, 2013 3:30 PM>

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message