MAG on sale 99 cents pre-owned at gamestop

vickers500

• Total Posts : 449
  • Reward points : 0
MAG on sale 99 cents pre-owned at gamestop - Friday, April 05, 2013 10:28 PM ( #1 )
Thought I'd let some of you know, the ps3 exclusive MAG is on sale at gamestop for a dollar. Definitely worth it in my opinion, just picked it up today myself. http://www.gamestop.com/p...FU6jOli6Vi6Yg2XbaO12ZQ It's got a 76% on metacritic - http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/mag No online pass crap either, so don't worry about not being able to play it.
<message edited by vickers500 on Friday, April 05, 2013 10:36 PM>
sig by JVIDICAN

[link="[link=http://profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/visit/profiles/vickers500]http://profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/visit/p
wishingW3L

• Total Posts : 1091
Re:MAG on sale 99 cents pre-owned at gamestop - Friday, April 05, 2013 11:09 PM ( #2 )
there are people still paying this? To me this game was awesome but just like all online games on the PS3 it had a bad rep so people didn't care about it. Even Uncharted which has really awesome online most people just ignore it and say that it is crap.
<message edited by wishingW3L on Saturday, April 06, 2013 9:44 AM>
AuToFiRE

• Total Posts : 11531
Re:MAG on sale 99 cents pre-owned at gamestop - Saturday, April 06, 2013 1:36 AM ( #3 )
wishingW3L

there are people still paying this? To me this game was awesome but just like all online games on the PS3 it had a bad rep so people didn't care about ot. Even Uncharted which has really awesome online people just ignore it!

Indeed, I find it a shame at the quality wasted simply because someone gives it bad rep. I absolutely loved the KZ2 mulitplayer, MAG and uncharted, but no one else did

RSI: AuTo   
Feel free to add me, just let me know you are from N4G
@cl1983 No.
-MD-

• Total Posts : 8195
Re:MAG on sale 99 cents pre-owned at gamestop - Saturday, April 06, 2013 2:37 AM ( #4 )
Only multiplayer game I cared about on PS3 (Twisted Metal) died out within 6 months. Thankfully I don't have to worry about TF2 servers being empty anytime soon.
Bladesfist

• Total Posts : 763
Re:MAG on sale 99 cents pre-owned at gamestop - Saturday, April 06, 2013 2:53 AM ( #5 )
Mag was a horrible game. The gun play was boring. I would pick it up for that price if you want a paperweight. The level design pretty much ensured you would not have a huge battle, play planetside 2 instead. The game is much better and requires skill and strategy. Not to mention it is free.
coolbeans

• Total Posts : 3233
Re:MAG on sale 99 cents pre-owned at gamestop - Saturday, April 06, 2013 4:53 AM ( #6 )
Would've been nice if that was the price when I decided to pick it up.  
Kon

• Total Posts : 10813
Re:MAG on sale 99 cents pre-owned at gamestop - Saturday, April 06, 2013 5:24 AM ( #7 )
Bladesfist

Mag was a horrible game. The gun play was boring. I would pick it up for that price if you want a paperweight. The level design pretty much ensured you would not have a huge battle, play planetside 2 instead. The game is much better and requires skill and strategy. Not to mention it is free.

>Says MAG was an awful game
>Recommends Planetside 2 instead

hah
Stop Cyberbullying!
Bladesfist

Re:MAG on sale 99 cents pre-owned at gamestop - Saturday, April 06, 2013 5:40 AM ( #8 )
Kon

Bladesfist

>Says MAG was an awful game
>Recommends Planetside 2 instead

hah

Planetside offers much more than MAG. 
TheMART

• Total Posts : 3356
Re:MAG on sale 99 cents pre-owned at gamestop - Saturday, April 06, 2013 6:50 AM ( #9 )
Game should come with money paying for the petrol to drive to the gameshop to pick it up.

TooTall19

• Total Posts : 689
Re:MAG on sale 99 cents pre-owned at gamestop - Saturday, April 06, 2013 9:51 AM ( #10 )
For once I agree with Kon, even though I doubt he played MAG or Planetside 2 more than a couple hours.
Bladesfist

Re:MAG on sale 99 cents pre-owned at gamestop - Saturday, April 06, 2013 10:13 AM ( #11 )
TooTall19

For once I agree with Kon, even though I doubt he played MAG or Planetside 2 more than a couple hours.

What Kon said implies that the games are similar. They are not. One is a game base on logistics and the other is cod with a few more players.
wishingW3L

• Total Posts : 1091
Re:MAG on sale 99 cents pre-owned at gamestop - Saturday, April 06, 2013 10:39 AM ( #12 )
Bladesfist

TooTall19

What Kon said implies that the games are similar. They are not. One is a game base on logistics and the other is cod with a few more players.

that's not true... COD games are all about either campin or running around like a wacko while killing people by spraying some shots but you can't win a match on MAG like that because: 1. the maps are too big, 2. the game's mostly objective based, 3. you just can't fight a bunch of people while being alone like in COD where you just spray your gun and have a 3-4 kill streak in a matter of milliseconds.

So in these regards MAG and Planetside are very much alike.  I think you're just prejudiced due to the fact that everybody keeps repeating  that the PS3's online is bad so many times that the placebo is already there doing its job.
<message edited by wishingW3L on Saturday, April 06, 2013 10:42 AM>
MiloGarret

• Total Posts : 1366
Re:MAG on sale 99 cents pre-owned at gamestop - Saturday, April 06, 2013 10:45 AM ( #13 )
PS3 online sucks balls though. PS3 exclusive players suck even more. 
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
Bladesfist

Re:MAG on sale 99 cents pre-owned at gamestop - Saturday, April 06, 2013 11:06 AM ( #14 )
wishingW3L

Bladesfist

TooTall19

that's not true... COD games are all about either campin or running around like a wacko while killing people by spraying some shots but you can't win a match on MAG like that because: 1. the maps are too big, 2. the game's mostly objective based, 3. you just can't fight a bunch of people while being alone like in COD where you just spray your gun and have a 3-4 kill streak in a matter of milliseconds.

So in these regards MAG and Planetside are very much alike.  I think you're just prejudiced due to the fact that everybody keeps repeating  that the PS3's online is bad so many times that the placebo is already there doing its job.

They are not alike. With MAG I have had loads of success just running around and killing people. It has objectives in the same way that COD has objectives. In planetside 2 success does not come in numbers it comes in communication. The time I spent on Planetside 2 was in an outfit where we had infantry squads, air squads and armor squads each with a squad leader communicating with other squads. Meaning that air could scout ahead and tell infantry of incoming threats while armour harrases the enemy base. These are huge groups of people that operate in a similar way to the army. Saying Planetside is like MAG is like saying ARMA is like MAG. Our outfit was also communicating with other outfits and the only way we were able to beat numbers three times our own was this communication.

Running around solo in Planetside 2 makes no difference to the battlefield. Outfits and inter outfit operations are what determine the success of your faction.
<message edited by Bladesfist on Saturday, April 06, 2013 11:11 AM>
roshi1987

• Total Posts : 2
Re:MAG on sale 99 cents pre-owned at gamestop - Saturday, April 06, 2013 11:07 AM ( #15 )
PS3 online is great. No mics means 90% less obnoxious twats that occupy xbl.

Ill take what the ps3 has any day over that.
ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:MAG on sale 99 cents pre-owned at gamestop - Saturday, April 06, 2013 2:48 PM ( #16 )
Bladesfist

TooTall19

This. I was extensively in the beta for MAG. Progression was slow for guns (not as slow as PS2 however), gunplay was rather weak. Because the way it's structured, you never fight against more than a squad or two, so there's no point in showing off that 256 player count.

roshi1987

PS3 online is great. No mics means 90% less obnoxious twats that occupy xbl. 

Ill take what the ps3 has any day over that. 

"My service is better because they give us less stuff!"

LeeZy

• Total Posts : 15
Re:MAG on sale 99 cents pre-owned at gamestop - Friday, April 26, 2013 3:42 PM ( #17 )
I cant see how people enjoyed this game lol

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message