HELP: Busted House Window - Needs advice

MidnytRain

• Total Posts : 3755
  • Reward points : 0
HELP: Busted House Window - Needs advice - Monday, April 08, 2013 4:15 PM ( #1 )
Okay, so, long story short, I busted my window trying to open it and now it won't close. Anyone here know how to fix it?

There seems to be these pieces in the frame that hold the little poles on the window, but they're misaligned and out of place. They're also extremely difficult to move, so I can't just slide them back. The pieces in the frame also seem to be connected to strings that run up the sides of the frame.
Attached Image(s)
ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:HELP: Busted House Window - Needs advice - Monday, April 08, 2013 4:16 PM ( #2 )
Spray WD40 in the sides first then try. If that doesn't work you'll have to actually fix the mechanism inside.

flip-it3

• Total Posts : 6628
Re:HELP: Busted House Window - Needs advice - Monday, April 08, 2013 4:19 PM ( #3 )

This is your friend. 
SmokeyMcBear

• Total Posts : 14805
Re:HELP: Busted House Window - Needs advice - Monday, April 08, 2013 4:23 PM ( #4 )
it looks like you got one counterweight pully systems inside the window frame. But im not sure. Is it one of those windwos you can slide down then away from the wall to clean the outside?

All work and no play.. makes odion go something something
MidnytRain

Re:HELP: Busted House Window - Needs advice - Monday, April 08, 2013 4:27 PM ( #5 )
SmokeyMcBear

it looks like you got one counterweight pully systems inside the window frame. But im not sure. Is it one of those windwos you can slide down then away from the wall to clean the outside?

Yeah, that's kind of what it looks like. If you're asking if I can remove the the bottom half of the window that slides up and down over the top half, then yes.
acemonkey

• Total Posts : 3092
Re:HELP: Busted House Window - Needs advice - Monday, April 08, 2013 4:29 PM ( #6 )
dont lie you tried to break into somebody and now you want to cover your tracks your a good cat burglar lol Catwoman would be proud...what you steal lol?

idk how to fix it sorry man
SmokeyMcBear

Re:HELP: Busted House Window - Needs advice - Monday, April 08, 2013 4:34 PM ( #7 )
hmmm. i would remove it and double check any obstruction or any thing out of place by it being forced out of alignment when you opened it. You could also good counterwight pully window or something like that and you might find some help. I've only seen them on tv never in real life, so not sure how it all works.

MidnytRain

Re:HELP: Busted House Window - Needs advice - Monday, April 08, 2013 4:40 PM ( #8 )
SmokeyMcBear

hmmm. i would remove it and double check any obstruction or any thing out of place by it being forced out of alignment when you opened it. You could also good counterwight pully window or something like that and you might find some help. I've only seen them on tv never in real life, so not sure how it all works.

I might try some sprayable lube like ZNP suggested. It doesn't seem like anything is obstructing it. The horizontal poles on the window just seem to be not going back into their place and the those little slider pulleys won't budge an inch when I try to push them back down. 
SmokeyMcBear

Re:HELP: Busted House Window - Needs advice - Monday, April 08, 2013 4:50 PM ( #9 )
well good luck, dont force it, dont want to permanently break it.

Cyberz

• Total Posts : 291
Re:HELP: Busted House Window - Needs advice - Monday, April 08, 2013 4:58 PM ( #10 )
MidnytRain

Okay, so, long story short, I busted my window trying to open it and now it won't close. Anyone here know how to fix it?

There seems to be these pieces in the frame that hold the little poles on the window, but they're misaligned and out of place. They're also extremely difficult to move, so I can't just slide them back. The pieces in the frame also seem to be connected to strings that run up the sides of the frame.
Inside of the sill, or tracks for the windows, those catches on the sides, do those move? Looks to me like you need to hook those back up to the window. Left side is down and the right one is closer to the window itself. I'm going to assume the one on the right side is what is jamming the window. You might have to remove the window to reset everything.

<message edited by Cyberz on Monday, April 08, 2013 4:59 PM>
redDevil87

• Total Posts : 8354
Re:HELP: Busted House Window - Needs advice - Monday, April 08, 2013 5:00 PM ( #11 )

Fresh air, all day errrrrrday

MidnytRain

Re:HELP: Busted House Window - Needs advice - Monday, April 08, 2013 5:05 PM ( #12 )
Cyberz

Inside of the sill, or tracks for the windows, those catches on the sides, do those move? Looks to me like you need to hook those back up to the window. Left side is down and the right one is closer to the window itself. I'm going to assume the one on the right side is what is jamming the window. You might have to remove the window to reset everything.

redDevil... WTF...

Cyberz, do they move? Yes and no. They obviously CAN cause they're not where they used to be, but when I try to move them back they won't budge. Well, removing the window is how they got jammed to begin with. I'm guessing I did it improperly. The catches are presumably the problem at this point. I need to find a way to get them back. Like I said, I might need some lube...
Cyberz

• Total Posts : 291
Re:HELP: Busted House Window - Needs advice - Monday, April 08, 2013 5:10 PM ( #13 )
I don't think lube is the issue. You need to line those catches up properly for them to catch the right way. Just take the window back out and look closly at them to see how they work and try again.
TheMART

• Total Posts : 3356
Re:HELP: Busted House Window - Needs advice - Monday, April 08, 2013 5:34 PM ( #14 )

B Man

• Total Posts : 8479
Re:HELP: Busted House Window - Needs advice - Monday, April 08, 2013 5:38 PM ( #15 )
In this case, plastic wrap is your friend.
flip-it3

• Total Posts : 6628
Re:HELP: Busted House Window - Needs advice - Monday, April 08, 2013 5:40 PM ( #16 )
TheMART at Xboxkings

I thought of that chart when I saw ZNP post the WD40. But there needs to another branch, is there a gap? Yes? Cover it with duct tape. 

MidnytRain

Re:HELP: Busted House Window - Needs advice - Monday, April 08, 2013 9:05 PM ( #17 )
I can't tell if you guys are serious about this duct tape and WD40...
wishingW3L

• Total Posts : 1091
Re:HELP: Busted House Window - Needs advice - Monday, April 08, 2013 9:15 PM ( #18 )
TheMART at Xboxkings

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message