Hey guys, I had to do my own assignment for a CJ class at my university, this is the assignment I created and it is a survey about "anonymity and confidentiality". If you do not know what each word really means, here it is.
Confidentiality: Researchers know the identity of a research subject but promise to not reveal any information that can be attributed to an individual subject.
Anonymity: The identity of a research subject is not known, and it is therefore impossible to link data about a subject to an individual's name.
Please fill it out as I am looking to gather information, if you do not want your identity revealed just pm the answers.
Anonymity and Confidentiality
1. Would you feel comfortable doing a survey that has asked you a very personal question, and has said that it will grant you anonymity or confidentiality?
2. If no, is it anonymity or confidentiality the reason you do not wish to do the survey?
3. Do you truly believe if you complete a survey of confidentiality or anonymity, no one would really find out it was you who answered?
4. Do you feel it is right if a law enforcer or any type of investigator asks the professor or researcher to reveal the identity of the people that did the surveys for a crime being investigated?
5. If number 4 has happened to you or any similar incident where they had to reveal the identity of surveyors, would you do another survey again?
6. Would you grant any commitment of doing a survey, if there was no anonymity or confidentiality involved and everyone would know your identity right afterwards?
7. Depending on the survey question, would you allow a survey that was once filled in anonymity or confidentiality to allow the identities be revealed in 25 years?