Hobby Thread

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
flip-it3

• Total Posts : 6628
  • Reward points : 0
Hobby Thread - Sunday, April 28, 2013 2:46 PM ( #1 )
What are some of your hobbies that you currently have (outside of gaming/tv) or would like to have in the future?

Right now with school and work I don't have much time to do many things on the side. 
Currently
Gym

LOL that's pretty much it outside of movies and shows... since lack of money and time. 

But if I HAD the money I would like to:
Mountain Bike trail riding (a good MTB is expensive as ****)

MMA training (hoepfully this summer I can practice again for a few months)

Learn how to play piano (might try over the summer)

Just the some of the things I'd like to do off the top of my head. 
How about you guiz?

<message edited by flip-it3 on Sunday, April 28, 2013 3:06 PM>
Kon

• Total Posts : 10856
Re:Hobby Thread - Sunday, April 28, 2013 2:56 PM ( #2 )
Fapping playing the guitar and going to the gym
Stop Cyberbullying!
MattyG

• Total Posts : 3346
Re:Hobby Thread - Sunday, April 28, 2013 3:04 PM ( #3 )
Kon

Fapping playing the guitar and going to the gym

Can fapping really be considered a hobby? If so, I'm going to start saying that I "built a model plane" or "painted a picture" or something as a euphemism for fapping.
<message edited by MattyG on Sunday, April 28, 2013 3:05 PM>

Kenshin_BATT0USAI

• Total Posts : 10814
Re:Hobby Thread - Sunday, April 28, 2013 3:11 PM ( #4 )
Photography. I like taking pictures.

And art. I like drawing things.
I guess learning in general is my main hobby though, I'm always kinda watching tutorials on how to do stuff. Usually in regards to computer programs. Right now I'm learning Maya and Coral Paint 12.
Formerly Known as Hellbringer. PSN: KenshinBATT0USAI 3DS: 2895-6892-5663 Steam: Vashlion
thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 6958
Re:Hobby Thread - Sunday, April 28, 2013 3:42 PM ( #5 )
I'm into hiking, riding my bike through trails. Started learning bushcrafting, kayaking the Erie canal and soon I'm going to start in a photography class.
flyingmunky

• Total Posts : 127
Re:Hobby Thread - Sunday, April 28, 2013 3:42 PM ( #6 )
I trying to learn to program simple games on the android platform.  I won't have a whole lot of time for it until the semester is over though.  Anyone know if there is an information/learning thread for that in these forums?
B Man

• Total Posts : 8468
Re:Hobby Thread - Monday, April 29, 2013 4:58 AM ( #7 )
Mainly cooking.   Recently my fiance and I have also gotten into making sushi.  I want to become good at a craft such as wood working or making wine.  I've even thought about using my old grill as a forge and trying to get into blacksmithing.  I've seen YouTube videos of younger guys using a grill so I know it's possible. 
Chard

• Total Posts : 503
Re:Hobby Thread - Monday, April 29, 2013 6:38 AM ( #8 )
 I occassionally draw things http://morto85.deviantart.com/ I'm attending an art class for the first time later this year, and also hope to eventually learn software like Maya etc
<message edited by Chard on Monday, April 29, 2013 6:40 AM>
FAT MAN GO BOOM

• Total Posts : 15362
Re:Hobby Thread - Monday, April 29, 2013 8:23 AM ( #9 )
right now... Making blankets... I have made one a bit ago than had to stop for a while with issues of my stomach... recently start again and was able to make all my cuts and iron them out...

Going to start sewing them today and get a dent into it... 

around a 150 pieces with out boarder and a backing alone... so it will take me a while just have to do a little take a break do a little...

The other things I have looked at is leather making, glass etching and that...

I would love to do leather making i have done a little in the past and it is so much fun...

We will see...  I know I want to expand other than sewing....

It is hard since i am very limited in what i can and can not do....

That being said excellent thread op maybe we can get ideas off of others here....

Always good to learn something new.... 
[ali
flip-it3

Re:Hobby Thread - Monday, April 29, 2013 9:14 AM ( #10 )
I need to pick up my cooking skills since I cook most of my meals and it sucks eating the same things over and over again. usually my biggest issue is seasoning, it never seems to come out that great. I'm limited to cheap groceries and just a stove top so I can't bake or roast anything. 
B Man

Re:Hobby Thread - Monday, April 29, 2013 9:42 AM ( #11 )
flip-it3

I need to pick up my cooking skills since I cook most of my meals and it sucks eating the same things over and over again. usually my biggest issue is seasoning, it never seems to come out that great. I'm limited to cheap groceries and just a stove top so I can't bake or roast anything. 

The only seasonings you need:  ground cayenne pepper, basil, oregano, paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder and salt/pepper.  Get a good cast iron skillet and there are plenty of cuts of meat that you will be able to cook on a stove top.  Also one of my favorite type of foods to cook is thai.  Invest in a good Wok and you can pretty much use anything you find in the fridge for a stir fry.
flip-it3

Re:Hobby Thread - Monday, April 29, 2013 10:00 AM ( #12 )
B Man

flip-it3

The only seasonings you need:  ground cayenne pepper, basil, oregano, paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder and salt/pepper.  Get a good cast iron skillet and there are plenty of cuts of meat that you will be able to cook on a stove top.  Also one of my favorite type of foods to cook is thai.  Invest in a good Wok and you can pretty much use anything you find in the fridge for a stir fry.

Pretty much what I use for seasoning is cayenne pepper and pepper and lol sriracha. I mainly cook in the wok I have and make a big batch of stir fry but that's what I've been cooking for 8 months lol... I might look into making a stew since it seems like another easy option to make a big batch that will last awhile. 
B Man

Re:Hobby Thread - Monday, April 29, 2013 10:04 AM ( #13 )
flip-it3

B Man

flip-it3

Pretty much what I use for seasoning is cayenne pepper and pepper and lol sriracha. I mainly cook in the wok I have and make a big batch of stir fry but that's what I've been cooking for 8 months lol... I might look into making a stew since it seems like another easy option to make a big batch that will last awhile. 

Get a cast iron skillet and you can make delicious steaks (just get a cheaper cut like london broil), fish, pork chops ect.  Plus you can deep fry easily in a skillet.  Stews are always good, but I use a slow cooker for those (another great thing to have).
flip-it3

Re:Hobby Thread - Monday, April 29, 2013 10:10 AM ( #14 )
B Man

Get a cast iron skillet and you can make delicious steaks (just get a cheaper cut like london broil), fish, pork chops ect.  Plus you can deep fry easily in a skillet.  Stews are always good, but I use a slow cooker for those (another great thing to have).

I got a slow cooker as a gift but never took it out of the box. I'll try it out next week, from what I hear you just throw stuff in it and wait a couple hours and it pretty good lol. 

@chard that's some good pencil drawing skillz brah. I like the shading. 
<message edited by flip-it3 on Monday, April 29, 2013 10:12 AM>
flyingmunky

• Total Posts : 127
Re:Hobby Thread - Monday, April 29, 2013 10:13 AM ( #15 )
flip-it3

B Man

flip-it3

So do you make a big batch and divide it up into tupperware containers for portion control?
flip-it3

Re:Hobby Thread - Monday, April 29, 2013 10:22 AM ( #16 )
flyingmunky

So do you make a big batch and divide it up into tupperware containers for portion control?

Well I make big batches usually on Sunday so I dont have to cook at week when I have school and work. I have a big tupperware container then just take some out and heat it. 
SmokeyMcBear

• Total Posts : 14746
Re:Hobby Thread - Tuesday, December 03, 2013 3:09 PM ( #17 )
so, thought I'd chime in again. Just completed a car model cuz I got the itch a little awhile ago. Not too bad, Revell makes some pretty good models. <a

All work and no play.. makes odion go something something
iLoVeCoOkiEs

• Total Posts : 24
Re:Hobby Thread - Wednesday, December 04, 2013 8:19 PM ( #18 )
What is fapping?

On another note- ornament making right now! :) The fun arts & crafts for the holidays.. made possible by books I don't read anymore and lots of mod podge! And glitter.. 

Then when Christmas gets closer, it'll be baking. And trying out all sorts of puppy chow recipes!

B Man

Re:Hobby Thread - Wednesday, December 04, 2013 8:32 PM ( #19 )
BaByDuCKiiE

What is fapping?   

On another note- ornament making right now! :) The fun arts & crafts for the holidays.. made possible by books I don't read anymore and lots of mod podge! And glitter.. 

Then when Christmas gets closer, it'll be baking. And trying out all sorts of puppy chow recipes!

http://forums.n4g.com/tm.aspx?m=371207

That might answer your question.
thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 6958
Re:Hobby Thread - Wednesday, December 04, 2013 8:36 PM ( #20 )
BaByDuCKiiE

What is fapping?

It's what men do to "relive stress"

Man do I stink a spelling, that should be my new hobby.
<message edited by thebudgetgamer on Wednesday, December 04, 2013 8:38 PM>
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread