Primary school newspaper stravaganza

Ingram

• Total Posts : 642
  • Reward points : 0
Primary school newspaper stravaganza - Sunday, May 05, 2013 4:47 PM ( #1 )
Have you ever written in your school's newspaper when you were a small person?
I always wondered how were those kind of papers in other cultures.

I cordially invite you to browse through those figments of you (and your colleagues) infancy, share them, if you will, or just talk about your school's paper.

Here are some translated highlights of mine:

Newspaper "Nuestro Mundo" (Our World)

The theme of this particular edition was ecology, the examples I chose were some funny bits from the literary/opinion section.
We're talking about a very demanding, private school, yet we were lucky enough to have a very lenient and progressive dean at the time. I've ommited ortographic errors but not semantics or gramatical ones.
-------

"Oh, Nature" Esther, 7

"Little plump birdie birds sing along, cute squirrels stand still on their feet,
a bear eats honey and bees aswell, of course,
and the little rabbit eats a carrot, and the beaver bites wood.
Woody Woodpecker too."
------

"The disgusting dumb kid" Jesus, 8

"There was this kid, that wasn't me I swear, and this kid liked fishes right? and then he threw a 
bag with some batteries on a small pond he had in the vicinity of his house, and he didn't know that
the batteries are killers for people and animals, and like, in a month or so there was no fish anymore
and the kid was sad, but it wasn't me, really." 

^edit: I'm still quite puzzled as to how teachers allowed this kid to use this harsh title for his own piece, I guess it's mainly due to two factors: the kid used euphemistic diminutives that I can't really translate (asquerosito) and the editors of the newspapers were 5th graders which had "absolute" freedom(did all the work without much help from teachers), and probably overlooked this rarity until it was too late.
-------

"The ozone layer" Pepe, 6

"The ozone layer is what shields us from the blazing rays of the sun, it's kinda like a net of shielding power, the gases of my mom destroy this layer, and then this layer is eaten slowly much like an ice cream. I always take good care of nature, and I never use the gases my mom has in cans in a drawer.
--------

"What is going on!?" Emilio, 7

"The city becomes trashy and bloated with garbage,
the air isn't pure anymore.It's the factories, tainting our air.
We have to close ALL factories at once, and maybe it takes a general of the army to do it.
At the very least we should use lids, big lids on chimneys, or the people and the city and the forest, they all perish, perhaps tomorrow"
-------

"Ecologist man", Me, 7

There was this old slow bad man, always trashing nature and stuff. One night he saw a strange glow in the sky from his house, then it came down and it was a starship after all. They took him away but he wasn't scared because he was a smug ignorant and didn't feel the heat of the moment. The alien spoke spanish and told him that their planet was very much like earth but full of dirty crap.When the man saw the planet he was then scared, and he wanted to mend his ways and be proactive and responsible like we're told all the time.He woke up and he wasn't sure if it all was a dream, but he became ecologist anyway, because change is good apparently. 
--------

"To you, dear nature", Pedro, Ana, Martin, 7

"We, the children of 2nd grade class B won't tolerate class C interfering with us.They are irresponsible and weak, but we have good feelings also for them.
We will take care of nature ourselves instead, with utmost and extreme care and respect, like no one has ever known in class C. We like animals and trees and mountains and the jungle of mogli.We do.
------

"Why is it dark forever?" Laura, 7

"Trees must be asking themselves, why isn't there sun anymore?, why is man chopping us down and is it worth enough for them to lead us into eternal darkness in such a merciless way?"

<message edited by Ingram on Monday, May 06, 2013 5:03 PM>
Kon

• Total Posts : 10868
Re:Primary school newspaper stravaganza - Sunday, May 05, 2013 5:21 PM ( #2 )
School newspaper is not a thing in this country.
Stop Cyberbullying!
Ingram

• Total Posts : 642
Re:Primary school newspaper stravaganza - Sunday, May 05, 2013 5:45 PM ( #3 )
Kon

School newspaper is not a thing in this country.

Aw, it isn't?, surely there was some collective project, some group/bonding activity or the such. Can you remember any anecdotic school related stuff? not necesarily a transcript, but anything interesting you recall.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread