Fake Xbox infinite logo makes it way to the journaism big leagues

ichimaru

• Total Posts : 2572
  • Reward points : 0
Fake Xbox infinite logo makes it way to the journaism big leagues - Friday, May 10, 2013 4:08 PM ( #1 )
Lol the redditor who made this thing a few months ago, sat back and watch the media eat it up.  

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1e2s0u/discovered_that_everyone_thinks_a_fake_xbox/
stay classy gaming journalism

O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?- Jeremiah 4:14 False tears bring pai
Kon

• Total Posts : 11113
Re:Fake Xbox infinite logo makes it way to the journaism big leagues - Friday, May 10, 2013 4:17 PM ( #2 )
I saw the original post on Reddit the day it got posted, i found it very strange that many gaming sites were posting the pic as the real deal. Oh well.
Stop Cyberbullying!

13/05/2014 - The day innovation died.
ichimaru

Re:Fake Xbox infinite logo makes it way to the journaism big leagues - Friday, May 10, 2013 4:57 PM ( #3 )
Kon

I saw the original post on Reddit the day it got posted, i found it very strange that many gaming sites were posting the pic as the real deal. Oh well.

Even worse the site in the link says it was leaked to them by their "credited sources" who are in the know   
thats the exact reason why I take online journalism with a boulder of salt
  O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?- Jeremiah 4:14 False tears bring pai
LtSkittles

• Total Posts : 3113
Re:Fake Xbox infinite logo makes it way to the journaism big leagues - Friday, May 10, 2013 5:14 PM ( #4 )
I didn't see the original post, however I'm not surprised someone stole it from Reddit. Yes, a lot of content on Reddit is reposts, but the same sort of thing happened when the FBI was asking for suspects in the Boston Bombings. Someone said they recognized one of the bombers as Sunil Tripathi, and CNN reported it was Sunil Tripathi. Gaming journalism needs better fact checking. The same thing happened when someone decided that they would "troll" r/gaming and say that they knew someone who worked at Bethesda, and knew that it was a fact, that the next Fallout did indeed take place in Boston.
B Man

• Total Posts : 8479
Re:Fake Xbox infinite logo makes it way to the journaism big leagues - Friday, May 10, 2013 5:38 PM ( #5 )
Real journalists pull this **** and we can't even post news stories that are pretty damn legit *cough*Durango NOT always online*cough* on a news site run by users that aren't journalists?

Riiiiight....

It's ok, keep trying to hide the fact this site has a hard on for Sony.
<message edited by B Man on Friday, May 10, 2013 5:40 PM>
ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:Fake Xbox infinite logo makes it way to the journaism big leagues - Friday, May 10, 2013 9:22 PM ( #6 )
I see journalist in the title, but I don't see any journalist websites or anything. What are we talking about here?

ShAkKa

• Total Posts : 5909
Re:Fake Xbox infinite logo makes it way to the journaism big leagues - Friday, May 10, 2013 9:46 PM ( #7 )
B Man

Real journalists pull this **** and we can't even post news stories that are pretty damn legit *cough*Durango NOT always online*cough* on a news site run by users that aren't journalists?

Riiiiight....

Release your pain here then come to this place if you need one.

coolbeans

• Total Posts : 3288
Re:Fake Xbox infinite logo makes it way to the journaism big leagues - Friday, May 10, 2013 9:56 PM ( #8 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

I see journalist in the title, but I don't see any journalist websites or anything. What are we talking about here?

I think certain articles about Xbox Infinity got huge temp. ratings on n4g.  I believe it was the typical places: kotaku, ign, etc.
ZoyosJD

• Total Posts : 457
Re:Fake Xbox infinite logo makes it way to the journaism big leagues - Friday, May 10, 2013 9:57 PM ( #9 )
B Man

It's not just this site. It's a general shift in attitude towards Playstation and Sony in general. 

N4G just kinda reflects the general attitude of the gaming community. 

Not to say that there isn't a lot of biased BS now, just that there always will be and that is part of the community holding an opinion.
cgoodno

• Total Posts : 3493
Re:Fake Xbox infinite logo makes it way to the journaism big leagues - Friday, May 10, 2013 10:34 PM ( #10 )
B Man

Riiiiight....

Get me a copy of that memo, BMan.  Otherwise, stop kvetching and get over it.
ichimaru

Re:Fake Xbox infinite logo makes it way to the journaism big leagues - Saturday, May 11, 2013 5:39 AM ( #11 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

you changed your avy? oh and the link oj the actual reddit page shows a screen cap of a journalist claiming it was leaked by trusted insiders lol.         also many of the front page articles have that,image
TheSurroundGamer

• Total Posts : 48
Re:Fake Xbox infinite logo makes it way to the journaism big leagues - Saturday, May 18, 2013 12:40 AM ( #12 )
Sounds fishy, smells fishy, LOOKS fishy!!
ichimaru

Re:Fake Xbox infinite logo makes it way to the journaism big leagues - Saturday, May 18, 2013 10:47 AM ( #13 )
TheSurroundGamer

Sounds fishy, smells fishy, LOOKS fishy!!

he's  on to us boys!

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread