Batman: Arkham Origins Official Thread

Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 5 of 7, messages 81 to 100 of 135 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
moegooner88

• Total Posts : 2046
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Batman: Arkham Origins Official Thread - Friday, October 25, 2013 7:14 PM ( #81 )
Matty keep us updated, I am still on the fence about the game, pretty hyped thu, so your word will determine whether I get this, or Dishonored GOTY.
<message edited by moegooner88 on Friday, October 25, 2013 7:16 PM>
MattyG

• Total Posts : 3355
Re:Batman: Arkham Origins Official Thread - Friday, October 25, 2013 7:25 PM ( #82 )
- [This post was marked as helpful]
moegooner88

Matty keep us updated, I am still on the fence about the game, pretty hyped thu, so your word will determine whether I get this, or Dishonored GOTY.

Alright, so far I'm loving it. I'm about an hour or an hour and a half in. 

-The intro sequence is great.
-Graphics are better than in City, but it's not a huge leap.  
-Fighting system is as smooth as ever. 
-The world is quite large, although I can't tell how big it is compared to Arkham City. 
-The story is just picking up, so I can't really comment on it yet, but so far it seems quite good. -Cutscenes look really impressive and some of the cinematography in here is top notch.

Overall, it feels very similar to City, although it's a little darker (tonally).

I'll keep you updated as I get further into it.
<message edited by MattyG on Friday, October 25, 2013 7:28 PM>

MidnytRain

• Total Posts : 3755
Re:Batman: Arkham Origins Official Thread - Friday, October 25, 2013 7:30 PM ( #83 )
Matty, which platform are you playing on?
<message edited by MidnytRain on Friday, October 25, 2013 8:25 PM>
MattyG

Re:Batman: Arkham Origins Official Thread - Friday, October 25, 2013 7:31 PM ( #84 )
MidnytRain

Matty, which platform are playing on?

PS3

acemonkey

• Total Posts : 3092
Re:Batman: Arkham Origins Official Thread - Friday, October 25, 2013 8:05 PM ( #85 )
ive heard the story is great from friends but i think its AC but more open world...i know the rule if its not broken dont fix it....but i kinda dislike seeing a lifeless city
Jdash24

• Total Posts : 11216
Re:Batman: Arkham Origins Official Thread - Friday, October 25, 2013 8:46 PM ( #86 )
I really wanted to get the collectors edition but by the time I got the money, the pre orders everywhere online were gone. I tried going into all the shops to see if they had extra but they didn't. Hopefully someone doesn't pick up theirs at gamestop and I can roll in Sunday morning and pick it up.

MattyG

Re:Batman: Arkham Origins Official Thread - Friday, October 25, 2013 8:49 PM ( #87 )
Jdash24

I really wanted to get the collectors edition but by the time I got the money, the pre orders everywhere online were gone. I tried going into all the shops to see if they had extra but they didn't. Hopefully someone doesn't pick up theirs at gamestop and I can roll in Sunday morning and pick it up.

They had ONE 360 version at my local Gamestop. Didn't ask if it was already reserved or not. The box was massive, I'm kinda curious how big the statue is.

Jdash24

Re:Batman: Arkham Origins Official Thread - Friday, October 25, 2013 8:58 PM ( #88 )
MattyG

Jdash24

They had ONE 360 version at my local Gamestop. Didn't ask if it was already reserved or not. The box was massive, I'm kinda curious how big the statue is.

I'm really hoping to find the PS3 version but I'd probably buy a 360 version just so I can get my hands on that Joker statue. Then either sell the game to someone or buy the ps3 version when the price drops down the road. I'd say you should go back and get that collectors edition if you can, but I'm a huge batman fan. 

acemonkey

Re:Batman: Arkham Origins Official Thread - Friday, October 25, 2013 9:39 PM ( #89 )
MattyG

Jdash24

saw a unboxing of alphamegasin that **** is big
MattyG

Re:Batman: Arkham Origins Official Thread - Friday, October 25, 2013 9:58 PM ( #90 )
Roger Craig Smith sounds A LOT like Kevin Conroy. Maybe a bit less inflection, but VERY close.

acemonkey

Re:Batman: Arkham Origins Official Thread - Saturday, October 26, 2013 1:17 AM ( #91 )
after me deciding i will buy this game sometime next week friend was holding a collectors...i went to play an GTA online and some **** that was on my mission told everybody the ending...i guess thats karma bc i did that to the last of us after beating it but lol....i then asking about the game so im kinda disappointed 
Jdash24

Re:Batman: Arkham Origins Official Thread - Saturday, October 26, 2013 2:59 AM ( #92 )
I have decided Matty, go buy me that collectors edition and ship it to me, I'll paypal whatever that cost entails. It would be better than trying online, those price gouging vultures. 

I'm only kind of sort of joking. 

TheSurroundGamer

• Total Posts : 48
Batman: Arkham Origins on a Triple-Monitor Setup! - Saturday, October 26, 2013 5:16 AM ( #93 )

Batman: Arkham Origins - Nvidia Surround - GTX 670 3-Way SLI:

(Click for media)

Here's Batman: Arkham Origins, which runs very well on a triple-monitor setup!  No extra work required such as config edits or software hacks.  The game is fun and worth checking out, and, of course, the storyline is solid and very intriguing.  You haven't bought it yet?
MattyG

Re:Batman: Arkham Origins Official Thread - Saturday, October 26, 2013 10:34 AM ( #94 )
I'm about 50% 90% (apparently) through the story, and I think it's settled; IT'S SO GOOD. Anyone who likes Batman or the Batman lore NEEDS to play this game. It sets up so much for the other two games, and the writing is spectacular. If I am really 90% through, it feels kind of short. There's a ton of side stuff though.
<message edited by MattyG on Saturday, October 26, 2013 10:38 AM>

MidnytRain

Re:Batman: Arkham Origins Official Thread - Saturday, October 26, 2013 10:48 AM ( #95 )
MattyG

I'm about 50% 90% (apparently) through the story, and I think it's settled; IT'S SO GOOD. Anyone who likes Batman or the Batman lore NEEDS to play this game. It sets up so much for the other two games, and the writing is spectacular. If I am really 90% through, it feels kind of short. There's a ton of side stuff though.

Didn't you get this game yesterday? How are you 90% through?
MidnytRain

Re:Batman: Arkham Origins on a Triple-Monitor Setup! - Saturday, October 26, 2013 10:50 AM ( #96 )
Don't be an attention whore, Surround, we have official threads, you don't need to make new ones...
MattyG

Re:Batman: Arkham Origins Official Thread - Saturday, October 26, 2013 10:53 AM ( #97 )
MidnytRain

MattyG

Didn't you get this game yesterday? How are you 90% through?

I have no idea. I have 6 hours played and it says that I'm 90% through the story, 20% through everything. I looked at a list of the missions and I have about 5 or 6 left. This last 10% could be really long or really short (hopefully the former).\

Just ran into a weird bug where a whole building won't load in. It's one big muddy texture and when I land on it I go right through it. Tried restarting and no dice.
<message edited by MattyG on Saturday, October 26, 2013 10:56 AM>

MattyG

Re:Batman: Arkham Origins on a Triple-Monitor Setup! - Saturday, October 26, 2013 10:55 AM ( #98 )
Why would you want to have to turn your whole head just to see stuff that's off to the side? Seems pretty inconvenient.

moegooner88

• Total Posts : 2046
Re:Batman: Arkham Origins Official Thread - Saturday, October 26, 2013 10:59 AM ( #99 )
MattyG

It should be around 12 hrs Matty, how long did Arkham City take you, it took me 10 hrs for both side, and story missions, which I thought was outrageous, given how lame the side missions were, I am gonna wait for your final verdict, but so far, unless the ending screws everything up, it seems you enjoyed it.
MattyG

Re:Batman: Arkham Origins Official Thread - Saturday, October 26, 2013 11:02 AM ( #100 )
moegooner88

MattyG

It should be around 12 hrs Matty, how long did Arkham City take you, it took me 10 hrs for both side, and story missions, which I thought was outrageous, given how lame the side missions were, I am gonna wait for your final verdict, but so far, unless the ending screws everything up, it seems you enjoyed it.

AC took me about 9 or 10 for the story, don't remember how long for everything else.

Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 5 of 7, messages 81 to 100 of 135 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread