Best projector for next gen gaming

TheMART

• Total Posts : 3356
  • Reward points : 0
Best projector for next gen gaming - Saturday, June 01, 2013 3:40 PM ( #1 )
This gen I was about to buy a projector that did 720p (from Optoma), to try out gaming and the extra fun factor of 3D gaming the way its supposed to be viewed: really large.

Like 120 inches or larger. So I pre ordered the 3D-XL from Optoma (back then those cost 280 Euro including one pair of 3D glasses) that can convert PS3/360 3D signals to 3D ready projectors, then when I could pick it up they just had the glasses there, wrongly ordered. Actually that saved my ass from buying it.

Which is good. Because now the first 1080p full 3D projectors are there that don't cost you a kidney to buy.
This thread is all about the best options for full HD projection for next gen gaming, if it has full 3D without a converter build in too its a bonus. This one I think is the best option now: the BenQ W1070, its around 780 Euro lowest price in my country, around 1000 USD as I've seen on Amazon for USA.

Anyone else that found a good option?

thinking

• Total Posts : 374
Re:Best projector for next gen gaming - Saturday, June 01, 2013 4:18 PM ( #2 )

I like this Sony projector, the VPL-HW50ES produces excellent blacks and great quality shadows and colours. 
Take a look at how your entertainment room would look like in the pic below

TheMART

Re:Best projector for next gen gaming - Saturday, June 01, 2013 4:33 PM ( #3 )
Well its quality-price related eh.

So what would that cost you, two kidneys?

EDIT

So yeah, quick google search on price... almost 3500 Euro. That is pretty far off the 780 that the BenQ w1070 costs eh.
<message edited by TheMART on Saturday, June 01, 2013 4:41 PM>

thinking

• Total Posts : 374
Re:Best projector for next gen gaming - Saturday, June 01, 2013 4:43 PM ( #4 )
Well price is not an issue for me, but I was doing some browsing and that is one I pinned as a possible purchase. I could wait till the end of the year and see if it drops in price some or I might end up choosing a different one. The one you show there looks good too though, might consider it for a second projector for my bedroom.

TheMART

Re:Best projector for next gen gaming - Saturday, June 01, 2013 4:46 PM ( #5 )
thinking

Well price is not an issue for me, but I was doing some browsing and that is one I pinned as a possible purchase. I could wait till the end of the year and see if it drops in price some or I might end up choosing a different one. The one you show there looks good too though, might consider it for a second projector for my bedroom.

lol, k.

TheMART

Re:Best projector for next gen gaming - Thursday, June 13, 2013 3:53 PM ( #6 )
After PS4's release, no one else thinking about a projector for their gameroom/mancave that does 1080p?

SmokeyMcBear

• Total Posts : 14748
Re:Best projector for next gen gaming - Thursday, June 13, 2013 3:57 PM ( #7 )
nope, my living room is a hassle to connected the projector to the ceiling since I don't have an attic, there is the second floor above. Probably just buy a 72" TV or something when my panny dies out.

All work and no play.. makes odion go something something
B Man

• Total Posts : 8468
Re:Best projector for next gen gaming - Thursday, June 13, 2013 4:08 PM ( #8 )
SmokeyMcBear

nope, my living room is a hassle to connected the projector to the ceiling since I don't have an attic, there is the second floor above. Probably just buy a 72" TV or something when my panny dies out.

This.  Not to mention my ceiling in the basement is that one where the paint looks like it's dripping down and is spiky... a royal pain for just about any work done to it.  Also my basement really is small enough where a 70" TV looks like a damn movie theater screen.  A nice wall mounted, slim flat screen looks so damn sexy to me.
TheMART

Re:Best projector for next gen gaming - Thursday, June 13, 2013 4:16 PM ( #9 )
Hmmmm I see.

I'd love to see those PS4 games on the projection doing some 200 inches or something :-) 
Those few PS3 3D games are also made to be viewed really large for optimal effect I think.

Ah well, I got some extra money to burn as I won't buy Xbone which would have cost me 500 + couple of games and an extra controller, which is about the price of the BenQ w1070 hehe

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread