#HomeOnPS4 Movement

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 40 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Shad0wRunner

• Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 0
#HomeOnPS4 Movement - Friday, June 14, 2013 3:39 AM ( #1 )
This movement started over on the Playstation Home forums and has since spread like wildfire all over Twitter and gaming sites, alike. The idea behind #HomeOnPS4 is to get someone from Sony to see us, hear us and acknowledge us with a well deserved response as to weather PlayStation Home will be made for or ported over to PS4, in time for launch or at a later date. The Home commnuity has spent a lot of time and money investing into Home over the last 4.5 years. We have been loyal and we have provided a lot of support for this social platform. At the very least...we deserve an answer. 

So if you are a Home user, and you love Home and you feel as we do, then be a part of the movement and Tweet #HomeOnPS4 on Twitter and everywhere you can. Spread the word. Tell your editors and journalists, your friends on your friend lists. If you know BIG names and you have some PULL with Sony executives, software developers, magazine editors, talk shows, ANYONE who can help further our cause...by all means, make it happen! 

Home is very special to a lot of people. Help us shape it's pending future. 

#HomeOnPS4

Attached Image(s)
MarauderShields

• Total Posts : 143
Re:#HomeOnPS4 Movement - Friday, June 14, 2013 3:44 AM ( #2 )
Meh Home
TheMART

• Total Posts : 3356
Re:#HomeOnPS4 Movement - Friday, June 14, 2013 3:49 AM ( #3 )
I hope Home dies. Have touched it twice since I own my PS3 since 2008. Not worth it.

Sony should leave it on PS3, and take their money to invest in better things.

Shad0wRunner

Re:#HomeOnPS4 Movement - Friday, June 14, 2013 4:29 AM ( #4 )
You do realise, that a LOT of that money Sony gets...comes from thousands of microtransactions, from Home...right?

Do you really think Sony would've done as well as they have with PS3 without it? Not likely. I think a lot of you tend to forget exactly where and who Sony's profits come from. They come from a lot of US. A real fan of the Playstation brand, will acknowledge that and respect that. Playstation Home gives a lot of people something to do, when they're broke and cant afford games to buy or to cure boredom. It provides a means to find and interact with thousands of other PSN/home users, make friends and gaming buddies and creates a virtual, social platform where they can all meet up and engage in various means of social and gaming interaction, in a virtual 3D world. It has its uses and purposes. 

I would never impose or wish Sony to do away with something YOU loved or invested into....dont force that same imposition on us, just because YOU had a bad experience or didnt like it. 

I do realise a lot of you dont like Home and could do without it. As such, you have the CHOICE to not download it or install it or participate in it. Noone is making you or forcing you to load Home. But dont be a voice to advocate it's removal or closure. YOU do not speak for the many who do love and enjoy Home. This thread and it's message was for THEM. Not for the counter productive.

#HomeOnPs4
TheMART

Re:#HomeOnPS4 Movement - Friday, June 14, 2013 4:55 AM ( #5 )
Shad0wRunner

You do realise, that a LOT of that money Sony gets...comes from thousands of microtransactions, from Home...right?

Do you really think Sony would've done as well as they have with PS3 without it? Not likely. I think a lot of you tend to forget exactly where and who Sony's profits come from. They come from a lot of US. A real fan of the Playstation brand, will acknowledge that and respect that. Playstation Home gives a lot of people something to do, when they're broke and cant afford games to buy or to cure boredom. It provides a means to find and interact with thousands of other PSN/home users, make friends and gaming buddies and creates a virtual, social platform where they can all meet up and engage in various means of social and gaming interaction, in a virtual 3D world. It has its uses and purposes. 

I would never impose or wish Sony to do away with something YOU loved or invested into....dont force that same imposition on us, just because YOU had a bad experience or didnt like it. 

I do realise a lot of you dont like Home and could do without it. As such, you have the CHOICE to not download it or install it or participate in it. Noone is making you or forcing you to load Home. But dont be a voice to advocate it's removal or closure. YOU do not speak for the many who do love and enjoy Home. This thread and it's message was for THEM. Not for the counter productive.

#HomeOnPs4

Eh, so give me the revenue of Home please and then give me the costs of maintaining the world, people that work on it and get paid and the costs of servers to keep it up please. Also, please supply the initial investment costs for the creative process of thinking out Home and building beta's etc. How many Home tshirts for some cents do you buy in a month again?

I know a lot of people with PS3's and no one is using Home. I think Sony would even had done better without home. All the money that was needed to design Home, develop it further, maintain it, etc etc could have better been put in other projects that can give better revenue streams.

If you're broke and can't buy games.... Why even buy a 600 or 400 PS3 or lateron 300 bucks? If you're broke, you can still put in your old games, lend some of your friends or get old ones for a few bucks. Instead of spending those money to tshirts in Home or dumb stuff in ones apartment. If you're so broke to buy games, spend 50 bucks a year on PS+ and get a ****load of games to play for both PS3 and PSVita. I got it with 25% discount paying 37.50 even. If you can't pay that a year, sell your PS3 to get some food. A gameconsole isn't there to support broke people that spend shat with some virtual home that takes away money and people aka resources from Sony.

You're imposing with starting this thread that we should support something the majority of PS3 users doesn't use and virtually never visits. It has nothing to do with bad experiences, there are just better experiences out there. Play a game, much more fun.

I just made this a thread against home and get rid of it. If you like it or not, that is my opinion. You made an account especially on this forum to spread your marketing talk to promote Home, it is like a commercial. To me, not a contribute to this forum/community.

#HomeNotOnPS4

<message edited by TheMART on Friday, June 14, 2013 5:04 AM>

Shad0wRunner

Re:#HomeOnPS4 Movement - Friday, June 14, 2013 5:39 AM ( #6 )
Again, these are your OPINIONS. Not rooted in or based on any factual information. You say the MAJORITY of PS3 owners dont use Home, as if thats a FACT...but it's not and you cant prove otherwise and the burden of proof is not on MY shoulders. As I said, YOU alone do not speak for the thousands of PS3 owners on this matter. If you are not a PlayStation Home fan or advocate, then this thread doesnt apply to you or your interests and as such...you should just leave the thread and move on. Lingering around, trying to be counter productive in opposition to something that is already picking up great momentum (Google search #HomeOnPS4) will not do you any good here. If you somehow manage to influence the majority of N4G readers here with your "anti Home" rants...kudo's for you, but you wont influence the many other websites out there...and believe me, we have our hands on a good majority of ALL of them so far. 

Furthermore, you have no right to oppose dictation on anyone with how to manage their finances. Some of us work a 9-5 all week, pay bills and rent and often cant afford a retail game at $59.00 every payday. Home is FREE, doesnt cost any money to download and install and play. Yes, there are things you CAN buy in Home..but it's certaintly NOT an obligation for anyone. Some of us would rather finance PlayStation Home, than retail games...some of us like to do BOTH. That's our prerogative. Many of us see value in Home and as I said, it's a great way to kill boredom if anything. Sure, there are many other things we can do to kill boredom, many other things we can choose to spend our money on...but we LOVE Home, we ENJOY Home and the experiences we have on there, and this is our preferred method of entertainment on a PlayStation console, aside from gaming in general. 

One person's OPINION, does not oppose a dictatorship over an entire gaming site or network. Like I said, you wanna see how many of us there are, then Google #HomeOnPS4 or find us on Twitter. Our numbers are bigger than you realise...and so far...I only see ONE of you. 

Im taking my leave of this thread. Any readers or followers who choose to support our cause, know where and how to find us. Join us and help save PlayStation Home on the PS4. 

#HomeOnPS4
wishingW3L

• Total Posts : 1091
Re:#HomeOnPS4 Movement - Friday, June 14, 2013 6:33 AM ( #7 )
it worked on DRM because Sony wasn't planning on putting any on the PS4 anyway but I don't think it will work for this.
TheMART

Re:#HomeOnPS4 Movement - Friday, June 14, 2013 7:28 AM ( #8 )
Shad0wRunner

Again, these are your OPINIONS. Not rooted in or based on any factual information. You say the MAJORITY of PS3 owners dont use Home, as if thats a FACT...but it's not and you cant prove otherwise and the burden of proof is not on MY shoulders. As I said, YOU alone do not speak for the thousands of PS3 owners on this matter. If you are not a PlayStation Home fan or advocate, then this thread doesnt apply to you or your interests and as such...you should just leave the thread and move on. Lingering around, trying to be counter productive in opposition to something that is already picking up great momentum (Google search #HomeOnPS4) will not do you any good here. If you somehow manage to influence the majority of N4G readers here with your "anti Home" rants...kudo's for you, but you wont influence the many other websites out there...and believe me, we have our hands on a good majority of ALL of them so far. 

Furthermore, you have no right to oppose dictation on anyone with how to manage their finances. Some of us work a 9-5 all week, pay bills and rent and often cant afford a retail game at $59.00 every payday. Home is FREE, doesnt cost any money to download and install and play. Yes, there are things you CAN buy in Home..but it's certaintly NOT an obligation for anyone. Some of us would rather finance PlayStation Home, than retail games...some of us like to do BOTH. That's our prerogative. Many of us see value in Home and as I said, it's a great way to kill boredom if anything. Sure, there are many other things we can do to kill boredom, many other things we can choose to spend our money on...but we LOVE Home, we ENJOY Home and the experiences we have on there, and this is our preferred method of entertainment on a PlayStation console, aside from gaming in general. 

One person's OPINION, does not oppose a dictatorship over an entire gaming site or network. Like I said, you wanna see how many of us there are, then Google #HomeOnPS4 or find us on Twitter. Our numbers are bigger than you realise...and so far...I only see ONE of you. 

Im taking my leave of this thread. Any readers or followers who choose to support our cause, know where and how to find us. Join us and help save PlayStation Home on the PS4. 

#HomeOnPS4

Wait... So my stuff is an opinion and yours is not? WOW!

Your stuff doesn't have factual information either. You say Home makes lot of money and Sony wouldn't have survived without it. That is a strong statement which needs actual facts. You don't deliver them. Period.

Yes, the majority of PS3 users doesn't use home. I can state that with enough confidence. There aren't 80 mln PS3 owners in Home. Nor there are over 40 mln. It won't even exceed a couple of million ACTIVE users. You speak of thousands of PS3 owners eh. Its a small minority, no doubt.

Eh, if you make a thread to do advertising on your keep home nonsense campaign, in a thread one can differ from this opinion and one can post accordingly to say something else. Get used to get different answers than you want. It'll happen more often in life.

Again, you don't need to use 60 bucks every payday. For 50 bucks once a year you got PS+ with lots of PS3 games. I don't like it that Sony wastes their resources on something as dumb and dull as Home. I want them to be more gamer focused. So I am against it, period. If there are bums that got no money for games and are bored, go play with a ball outside, hang out with your friends, get a JOB. Do something.

I call on everyone to go against this sad way of a few to force Home upon the great upcoming PS4. I would like it to see without stupid Home. Don't let those few Home addicts force this shat on your console another time. Stand up army, stand up. Remember dude, David also beat Goliath once.

#HomeNotOnPS4

Max Power

• Total Posts : 6632
Re:#HomeOnPS4 Movement - Friday, June 14, 2013 7:54 AM ( #9 )
Yeah, Home is useless, I went a few times not worth the resources to keep it alive. I'd rather those people work on games, real games, not mini games.
Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11965
Re:#HomeOnPS4 Movement - Friday, June 14, 2013 9:54 AM ( #10 )
It was an experiment. Can't say I knew anyone, including sony diehards that used it for more than a handful of times. I don't see it not coming back. 

ShAkKa

• Total Posts : 5907
Re:#HomeOnPS4 Movement - Friday, June 14, 2013 10:42 AM ( #11 )
I imagine they will port it as, believe or not, a sh!t ton of people use that sh!t.

ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:#HomeOnPS4 Movement - Friday, June 14, 2013 10:48 AM ( #12 )
Used home for a day to get a free game. Judging from my friends list of several hundred, they did the same. And since when is solicitation allowed on the forums? Get to work mods.
<message edited by ZombieNinjaPanda on Friday, June 14, 2013 10:55 AM>

Vigor

• Total Posts : 51
Re:#HomeOnPS4 Movement - Friday, June 14, 2013 11:06 AM ( #13 )
you people do realise that Home kept the onslaught ads aways from the xmb and psn store so I hope sony does brings it for ps4. It's essentially a containment zone, a necessary one.
<message edited by Vigor on Friday, June 14, 2013 11:21 AM>

ZoyosJD

• Total Posts : 457
Re:#HomeOnPS4 Movement - Friday, June 14, 2013 12:31 PM ( #14 )
@Mart 

Common sense says PS HOME is profitable, and a little Google search provides evidence of it.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/120069/Buser_PlayStation_Home_Model_Is_Quite_Profitable.php

And a majority of PS users only play COD, does that mean they should drop everything and and only support COD? Hell no. Variety allows the PS ecosystem to thrive. 

If you have a problem with options, maybe you should be gunning for the console with fewer, Mr. Xbox monarchy.
ichimaru

• Total Posts : 2572
Re:#HomeOnPS4 Movement - Friday, June 14, 2013 12:38 PM ( #15 )

platform
Shad0wRunner

Do you really think Sony would've done as well as they have with PS3 without it? Not likely. I think a lot of you tend to forget exactly where and who Sony's profits come from. They come from a lot of US. A real fan of the Playstation brand, will acknowledge that and respect that.

#HomeOnPs4

So we should want home to return because it makes sony money, and if we were real fans we would want Sony to be even richer?  Maybe gaming hasn't changed.....may I have

O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?- Jeremiah 4:14 False tears bring pai
Shad0wRunner

Re:#HomeOnPS4 Movement - Friday, June 14, 2013 2:10 PM ( #16 )
This is not solicitation, Zombie. 

I am not here to SELL you anything. This isnt a commercial advertisement or spam. 

I am simply here in an effort to inform, motivate and inspire those who DO USE HOME, and enjoy Home...to take action and help us provoke a response from a Sony official, on the future of Home. Dont be selfish. If you are a fan of the PlayStation brand, then you should remember that we are ALL playing for the same team, here. You all need to take a moment to consider that there are thousands of people who do use Home and have invested in it, over the years and to say "screw those people, we don't care about them" doesn't make you or people LIKE YOU, look very good. 

PlayStation Home is a SOCIAL PLATFORM, for gamers. Sony has already stated that the PS4 will be very SOCIAL ORIENTED, and you can see this for yourself, when you look at the new user interface for the PS4. It's one big screen, with dozens of little boxes where you can see your friends' profiles, what their playing, what they bought, what they're doing, trophy levels, text chatting, in game voice chat capabilities...it's basically FACEBOOK FOR PS4! If a social platform like Home scares you or doesnt set well with you, then perhaps PS4 isn't the console for you! Because even without Home, that SOCIAL ELEMENT will still be there, in a bigger way than it is now, on PS3. This is the direction gaming and game consoles are going, now. You can either get on board with it...or find a new hobby. 

And I would like to point out and add, that with or without Home on PS4...there will be other MMO-like titles coming to PS4, such as FFXIV and Elder Scrolls Online. I understand there are differences between the traditional MMO and what Home is...but a lot of the same MMO elements are present within Home. Not everyone likes to play COD or FPS titles. I personally cant stand them, myself. Not MY genre. But my point is: Social integration is coming to PS4, in one way or another...be it via a new UI, Home, MMO's or any other venue. 

Deal with it...
ichimaru

• Total Posts : 2572
Re:#HomeOnPS4 Movement - Friday, June 14, 2013 2:25 PM ( #17 )
Shad0wRunner

This is not solicitation, Zombie. 

I am not here to SELL you anything. This isnt a commercial advertisement or spam. 

I am simply here in an effort to inform, motivate and inspire those who DO USE HOME, and enjoy Home...to take action and help us provoke a response from a Sony official, on the future of Home. Dont be selfish. If you are a fan of the PlayStation brand, then you should remember that we are ALL playing for the same team, here. You all need to take a moment to consider that there are thousands of people who do use Home and have invested in it, over the years and to say "screw those people, we don't care about them" doesn't make you or people LIKE YOU, look very good. 

PlayStation Home is a SOCIAL PLATFORM, for gamers. Sony has already stated that the PS4 will be very SOCIAL ORIENTED, and you can see this for yourself, when you look at the new user interface for the PS4. It's one big screen, with dozens of little boxes where you can see your friends' profiles, what their playing, what they bought, what they're doing, trophy levels, text chatting, in game voice chat capabilities...it's basically FACEBOOK FOR PS4! If a social platform like Home scares you or doesnt set well with you, then perhaps PS4 isn't the console for you! Because even without Home, that SOCIAL ELEMENT will still be there, in a bigger way than it is now, on PS3. This is the direction gaming and game consoles are going, now. You can either get on board with it...or find a new hobby. 

And I would like to point out and add, that with or without Home on PS4...there will be other MMO-like titles coming to PS4, such as FFXIV and Elder Scrolls Online. I understand there are differences between the traditional MMO and what Home is...but a lot of the same MMO elements are present within Home. Not everyone likes to play COD or FPS titles. I personally cant stand them, myself. Not MY genre. But my point is: Social integration is coming to PS4, in one way or another...be it via a new UI, Home, MMO's or any other venue. 

Deal with it...

fair enough

O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?- Jeremiah 4:14 False tears bring pai
Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11965
Re:#HomeOnPS4 Movement - Friday, June 14, 2013 2:28 PM ( #18 )
Respectable that you're hardcore for Home bro. Someone somewhere had to be. 

Pandamobile

• Total Posts : 1709
Re:#HomeOnPS4 Movement - Friday, June 14, 2013 2:48 PM ( #19 )
Who the hell actually used Home?
TheMART

Re:#HomeOnPS4 Movement - Friday, June 14, 2013 3:03 PM ( #20 )
ZoyosJD

@Mart 

Common sense says PS HOME is profitable, and a little Google search provides evidence of it.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/120069/Buser_PlayStation_Home_Model_Is_Quite_Profitable.php

And a majority of PS users only play COD, does that mean they should drop everything and and only support COD? Hell no. Variety allows the PS ecosystem to thrive. 

If you have a problem with options, maybe you should be gunning for the console with fewer, Mr. Xbox monarchy.

Common sense says that we from Sony say that our Home has a profitable business model. Its like this washing powder company says their washing powder washes the best. 

I still see no numbers of this profitability, nor do I see its costs of running/maintaining it, nor do I see initial investments of creating it etc etc. We don't know anything by the article you just linked.

That money, invested in something else more people than just the few that use home, could have mean better profitability and even better servicing a customer.

No problem with options, but I would like viable options. Which is an opinion. And my one is: Home should die.

And to the one that made the thread: you made an account to post this Home shat on N4G, so you're advertising it. If it is such a good businessmodel there is no need for you to do this Twitter cry out to Sony, is it? If it is such a good idea, Sony will take Home to PS4 right?

So you must be scared that its not put on PS4 for a reason. Deep within your heart you have this feeling that Sony won't put it on PS4, because it isn't used enough. Because: why make all this trouble on so many gaming forums to cry at Sony through Twitter? It shouldn't be needed if it is so successful right?

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 40 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread