Is Microsoft sinking the COD ship?

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
merciless

• Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 0
Is Microsoft sinking the COD ship? - Saturday, June 15, 2013 2:34 AM ( #1 )
Ok so everyone here knows the history of cod ghosts and the Xbone reveal. But I was just reading the n4g story followed the link to amazon and saw ghosts in the 30th position. This is unprecedented. With every previous cod game as soon as it's announced it hit's the top spot on amazon and stays there until launch. I also checked the UK amazon store and it's the same thing. Ps4 titles way ahead of cod, what gives?
TheMART

• Total Posts : 3356
Re:Is Microsoft sinking the COD ship? - Saturday, June 15, 2013 3:45 AM ( #2 )
Hopefully, but probably not...

Maybe because the core gamers pre order all their games just after E3, and that group isn't so fond about the yearly COD update. That is my guess.

The average COD gamer that likes the sad game and the n00b killstreaks might not look at E3 so much and hasn't found out yet its there to pre order.They buy the yearly update whatever happens, can't see that changing this year really too bad...

merciless

Re:Is Microsoft sinking the COD ship? - Saturday, June 15, 2013 9:04 AM ( #3 )
E3 happens every year. Cod Is announced and shown around that time every year. Let me stress this point: As soon as cod is announced it is #1 on amazon's best seller list. Right now, Ghosts is #29 on US amazon and 16 (ps4) on UK amazon. that is unprecedented! On gamestops most wanted list COD isn't even inside the top 10, again that is unprecedented for this time of year. There might be a sea change on the fps king because battlefield is selling out COD isn't doing as well. Maybe its because of the old engine. new gen nonsense.
B Man

• Total Posts : 8479
Re:Is Microsoft sinking the COD ship? - Saturday, June 15, 2013 9:10 AM ( #4 )
God I hope so, that would be the greatest thing MS has done for gaming.
IntelligentAj

• Total Posts : 3121
Re:Is Microsoft sinking the COD ship? - Saturday, June 15, 2013 9:24 AM ( #5 )
Well remember, they haven't shown very much of the multiplayer yet. I know the COD producers like to think that everyone cares about the Campaign but very little people play the game for the campaign. Once they release more details on the multiplayer it'll shoot up the charts, however unfortunate that is
merciless

Re:Is Microsoft sinking the COD ship? - Saturday, June 15, 2013 9:34 AM ( #6 )
@IntelligentAj You are missing the point. Respectfully, please let me make it crystal clear. When cod gets announced (irrespective of what is and is not show) It hit's and holds the number 1 position until launch. It has never been this low in the preorder charts, ever! As soon as it's available cod always holds the top spot.
TheMART

Re:Is Microsoft sinking the COD ship? - Saturday, June 15, 2013 9:36 AM ( #7 )
merciless

E3 happens every year. Cod Is announced and shown around that time every year. Let me stress this point: As soon as cod is announced it is #1 on amazon's best seller list. Right now, Ghosts is #29 on US amazon and 16 (ps4) on UK amazon. that is unprecedented! On gamestops most wanted list COD isn't even inside the top 10, again that is unprecedented for this time of year. There might be a sea change on the fps king because battlefield is selling out COD isn't doing as well. Maybe its because of the old engine. new gen nonsense.

Don't forget that COD's former real team left Infinity Ward and started Respawn, making Xbricks newest (timed) exclusive Titanfall.

They borrow a lot of COD's style, same way how Bungies new game Destiny breathes some kind of Halo atmosphere and playstyle or must we say it is a Bungie style, so maybe the COD fans are looking between those two which one to get. Who knows.

Or maybe and lets hope so, the COD yearly update buying brainless donkeys finally got a wake up call that they just add another stupid gimmick (this year the dog with in ear headphones that attacks on your comment and runs at guys with GUNS lol) to sell the same COD4 2007 engine even on next gen?

Agree with Bman, best thing MS did since long time if they'd kill COD.

ichimaru

• Total Posts : 2572
Re:Is Microsoft sinking the COD ship? - Saturday, June 15, 2013 10:04 AM ( #8 )
I'm  confused, are you asking if call of duty would have gotten a better reception at the ps4   reveal? I think cod is killing cod, much like rock band.  overssaturating it's own appeal
  O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?- Jeremiah 4:14 False tears bring pai
merciless

Re:Is Microsoft sinking the COD ship? - Saturday, June 15, 2013 10:56 AM ( #9 )
@ ichimaru I think cod is killing cod by pretending they have a next gen title using the same engine with minor tweaks. Though with that said, since the x1 reveal and ghosts unavailing at that event, I've noticed and seen a huge decrease in hype for that game. Remember cod always sells 3-5 million more copies on the 360 than it does on the ps3. Since nobody (or a very few stubborn fanboys) are buying a x1 will lose out on that 3-5million margin? In every chart ps4 BF4 is outselling cod even KZ and these things simply don't happen. When a cod game is announced it takes top spot EVERYWHERE! Nobody comes close. It simply needs to be available for preorder. Bops and Bops2 hit #1 with next to nothing but the title being made public. Ghosts is outside the top 15 and top 25 in the most popular markets. Something is happening and it's not a lack of multiplayer details.
IntelligentAj

• Total Posts : 3121
Re:Is Microsoft sinking the COD ship? - Saturday, June 15, 2013 11:02 AM ( #10 )
merciless

@IntelligentAj You are missing the point. Respectfully, please let me make it crystal clear. When cod gets announced (irrespective of what is and is not show) It hit's and holds the number 1 position until launch. It has never been this low in the preorder charts, ever! As soon as it's available cod always holds the top spot.

I got your point but 

1)It's a new generation and based on what little they've shown(I believe it's least they've shown for any COD up to this date) no one has any inclination to preorder it. 

2)Though no one will admit COD actually has some relative competition 

3)There was an extreme level of disappointment with the last 2 COD games, irrespective of their sales, and it might finally be damaging their brand, based on their teaser potential alone.

The point I was making is once they release more info it will rocket up the charts, unless they screw the pooch completely with crazy design decisions or change absolutely nothing. Fish AI aside
TheMART

Re:Is Microsoft sinking the COD ship? - Saturday, June 15, 2013 11:04 AM ( #11 )
ichimaru

I'm  confused, are you asking if call of duty would have gotten a better reception at the ps4   reveal? I think cod is killing cod, much like rock band.  overssaturating it's own appeal

You mean Activision is killing games, like they killed Rockband...

But with music games maybe too, an era has just passed, and we're onto other things.

Although I still enjoy my Rockband bandset with guitars, drums and even the keyboard I bought, it is fun with friends over and some beers. And my DJ Hero is still pretty fun to play too I gotta say...
<message edited by TheMART on Saturday, June 15, 2013 11:25 AM>

Pain

• Total Posts : 3692
Re:Is Microsoft sinking the COD ship? - Saturday, June 15, 2013 12:35 PM ( #12 )
CoD is crap and its about time people forget that garbage and get with the times already.

Jon_Smackenrow

• Total Posts : 2178
Re:Is Microsoft sinking the COD ship? - Saturday, June 15, 2013 12:42 PM ( #13 )
I have a question. Battlefield runs at 60fps.

What is the new hook for Call Of Duty going to be?
Mr Tretton

• Total Posts : 2532
Re:Is Microsoft sinking the COD ship? - Saturday, June 15, 2013 12:48 PM ( #14 )
Jon_Smackenrow

Didn't you hear? Fish AI!

TheMART

Re:Is Microsoft sinking the COD ship? - Saturday, June 15, 2013 12:55 PM ( #15 )
Mr Tretton

Jon_Smackenrow

And a dog with in ear headphone attacking guys with guns....

Jon_Smackenrow

• Total Posts : 2178
Re:Is Microsoft sinking the COD ship? - Saturday, June 15, 2013 6:46 PM ( #16 )
Mr Tretton

Jon_Smackenrow

Clever clever Mr. Tretton.
ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:Is Microsoft sinking the COD ship? - Saturday, June 15, 2013 7:01 PM ( #17 )
Mr Tretton

Jon_Smackenrow

Gtfo Tretton, you don't know what you're talking about. Back to Sony with you. It's clearly exploding canines.

DragonPs4

• Total Posts : 530
Re:Is Microsoft sinking the COD ship? - Sunday, June 16, 2013 8:10 AM ( #18 )
cod 1,2,4 are the best cods the ones that came after are terrible. 
B Man

• Total Posts : 8479
Re:Is Microsoft sinking the COD ship? - Sunday, June 16, 2013 9:04 AM ( #19 )
DragonPs4

cod 1,2,4 are the best cods the ones that came after are terrible. 

I support this post.  2 was easily the best.  Made me damn happy to have a 360 when it came out.
ichimaru

• Total Posts : 2572
Re:Is Microsoft sinking the COD ship? - Sunday, June 16, 2013 9:36 AM ( #20 )
merciless

@ ichimaru I think cod is killing cod by pretending they have a next gen title using the same engine with minor tweaks. Though with that said, since the x1 reveal and ghosts unavailing at that event, I've noticed and seen a huge decrease in hype for that game. Remember cod always sells 3-5 million more copies on the 360 than it does on the ps3. Since nobody (or a very few stubborn fanboys) are buying a x1 will lose out on that 3-5million margin? In every chart ps4 BF4 is outselling cod even KZ and these things simply don't happen. When a cod game is announced it takes top spot EVERYWHERE! Nobody comes close. It simply needs to be available for preorder. Bops and Bops2 hit #1 with next to nothing but the title being made public. Ghosts is outside the top 15 and top 25 in the most popular markets. Something is happening and it's not a lack of multiplayer details.

again I, thankfully, suspect this to be caused by COD finally burning itself out, and the advant of a new console gen isnt saving it. You mentioned that other  ps4 games b eating it in preorders( hate the preorder chest beating btw)while awesome news it's likely because literally every  other  game looks more original  than cod  thus far.  It's not like madden where you can relase one every year and there are no other games to compete with it, COD is in a genre if 10 other copycats and unlike madden there are no sport fans to facilitate it's real life importance.
  O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?- Jeremiah 4:14 False tears bring pai
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 3 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread