The Xbox One hate is ludicrous

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 34 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Picnic

• Total Posts : 165
  • Reward points : 0
The Xbox One hate is ludicrous - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 7:50 AM ( #1 )
Traditionally, I have always been attracted to the underdog (e.g I bought a Gamecube last generation before I got any of the other 128 bit consoles). Not because they're always necessarily overall better but because there's always SOMETHING there that's better - and if that's your preference then nobody can say, or at least prove, that you're 'wrong'. 

The Xbox One will cost 75 pounds more at launch than the PS4. But it comes with Kinect 2.0 as standard (remember that the original Kinect cost over a 100 pounds). And you can Skype as standard on it. And you just know that Microsoft must have some new franchises somewhere up their sleeves, if only because it's been so very long since they were surprising on that front. How much do you think that the PS4 will cost when you buy an Eye Camera, Move controller (aren't you a bit 'meh' about having more than one controller? I only use the PS3 for regular controller games). 

Microsoft's used game policy set some people on a bad footing. But , as someone who nearly always buys new games or waits for new games to come down in price, it won't affect me. And, whilst it may be a money maker for Microsoft I don't mind if games companies get some of that. Why should a game potentially be passed around the world's population, resulting in some games selling far less than they might have done? The XboxOne presentation, concentrating on television, was a bore. Their talk of it being a Trojan Horse in the living room is a cynical choice of metaphor - that would make buyers being unwittingly groomed in to accepting services that they never intended to use. But as a deal? If Kinect 2.0 is great fun and if XboxOne games can look as good as PS4 ones then it's potentially just as good a deal. If they can get some interesting exclusives.

<message edited by Picnic on Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:19 PM>
Cyberz

• Total Posts : 291
Re:The Xbox One hate is ludicrous - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 7:59 AM ( #2 )
Still not buying an Xbone.

So there, take that!
DragonPs4

• Total Posts : 530
Re:The Xbox One hate is ludicrous - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:00 AM ( #3 )
I'm not buying the camera or move controller...............
redDevil87

• Total Posts : 8354
Re:The Xbox One hate is ludicrous - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:08 AM ( #4 )
It's all deserved. Terrible policies, PR, conflicting information, stupid price.

They're like Sony 2006 on crack. Even if the console offers great things, they've p*ssed off enough people to never be looked at the same again.

Edit: http://i.imgur.com/Z76IQht.png

If that's Kon at the bottom of the pick i'll lose it 
<message edited by redDevil87 on Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:13 AM>

wishingW3L

• Total Posts : 1091
Re:The Xbox One hate is ludicrous - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:13 AM ( #5 )
why when people are writing a rant they always forget about paragraphs? But anyway, just with the 24 hours suicide watch I believe the hate is completely justified and that's only the beginning.
<message edited by wishingW3L on Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:16 AM>
lh_swe

• Total Posts : 349
Re:The Xbox One hate is ludicrous - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:40 AM ( #6 )
The hate is justified in a big way, because even though MS might not change any of their policies, pricing or Kinect bundling...they learned a big lesson in humility and they hopefully will try to make amends in the future. 

I and a lot of other people won't buy the Xbone at launch, a year or two down the line when the price has dropped, I may consider it. I would only consider it based on the games though, and considering how much effort MS put into the whole multimedia thing it really did backfire on them.

Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11965
Re:The Xbox One hate is ludicrous - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:41 AM ( #7 )
Who wants to guess that since Gamestop is backing the PS4, they're gonna sway unbeknownst customers over to the PS4? Was the same way with the 360, can't recall a time where I didn't go in and was given two cents on the advantages of getting whatever multiplat or exclusive for the 360 along with my purchase. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. 

sonarus

• Total Posts : 10451
Re:The Xbox One hate is ludicrous - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:54 AM ( #8 )
Based on my experience with kinnect i will say i have no interest in kinnect 2.0; I don't care about its voice commands same or motion control. That being said the 360 as a console isn't as bad as ppl are making it out to seem.

The ONLY thing that really matters in my opinion will be how much microsoft invest in its exclusive games compared to Sony. Will they actually give studios monies to make good games or just keep spending money buying exclusive dlc maps. Some of the 360 exclusives look fun most especially Titanfall however since EA is the publisher MS probably has this as a timed exclusive. PS3 exclusives don't look all that great either. Right now the best looking next gen game to me is the multiplatform the division.

At the end of the day just ignore the fanboy bs and buy and play the games you can enjoy with your friends. For me that is ps4. 

redDevil87

Re:The Xbox One hate is ludicrous - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:55 AM ( #9 )
Eiffel

Who wants to guess that since Gamestop is backing the PS4, they're gonna sway unbeknownst customers over to the PS4? Was the same way with the 360, can't recall a time where I didn't go in and was given two cents on the advantages of getting whatever multiplat or exclusive for the 360 along with my purchase. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. 

See, this is interesting if this happens and from what i've read and seen on the net, it's already happening.

MS have come out and said they'll work with retailers on used games. If Gamespot keep pushing the PS4 and it's library, are MS even going bother supporting a used game market that they obviously don't care about? They'll be spending time, money and resources on a market which isn't of importance to them and working with a company who they'll be at odds with. 

Apparently Game in the UK are going to make dedicated Microsoft stores soon, so this could be a way of doing it in the US.
<message edited by redDevil87 on Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:57 AM>

Columbo

• Total Posts : 5197
Re:The Xbox One hate is ludicrous - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:49 AM ( #10 )
The reaction to their policies is not surprising and somewhat justified, but everyone seems to have hopped on the hate train and now latch on to anything, even if it is poorly researched, baseless speculation, or completely fake. No games at E3 were on dev kits!!!! rararrar (wrong). M$ paid Amazon to end their poll early, rawrarararar (baseless speculation)!!!!! MS said Xbone is 3x as powerful as 360, now 8x, no 10x, rawrrarrarar!!! (who the hell cares? These generic "3x" things mean absolutely nothing except to fanboys) Things like this make me embarrassed to be a part of this site and a gamer as a whole.
ichimaru

• Total Posts : 2572
Re:The Xbox One hate is ludicrous - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 11:54 AM ( #11 )
Columbo

The reaction to their policies is not surprising and somewhat justified, but everyone seems to have hopped on the hate train and now latch on to anything, even if it is poorly researched, baseless speculation, or completely fake. No games at E3 were on dev kits!!!! rararrar (wrong). M$ paid Amazon to end their poll early, rawrarararar (baseless speculation)!!!!! MS said Xbone is 3x as powerful as 360, now 8x, no 10x, rawrrarrarar!!! (who the hell cares? These generic "3x" things mean absolutely nothing except to fanboys) Things like this make me embarrassed to be a part of this site and a gamer as a whole.

effing this.  Love the community but this site embarrases  me
  O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?- Jeremiah 4:14 False tears bring pai
Tewi-Inaba

• Total Posts : 2216
Re:The Xbox One hate is ludicrous - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 12:00 PM ( #12 )
That's fine I'm not buying either 
PC+3DS seems to be the best choice this generation
If you actually want to play videogames I mean.

Friend Code:1650-0941-8045
redDevil87

Re:The Xbox One hate is ludicrous - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 12:06 PM ( #13 )

CoolBeansRus

• Total Posts : 40
Re:The Xbox One hate is ludicrous - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:35 PM ( #14 )
  The hate has gotten out of control but what can you say?? Microsoft needs to learn it's about the consumer. You give them an inch and they take a mile.
TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4403
Re:The Xbox One hate is ludicrous - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:14 PM ( #15 )
I was so excited for the reveal of the "Xbox 720" and was ready to buy it on day one. When it was revealed as the Xbox One with a myriad of restrictions and always on and required Kinect I was immediately turned off by it. I will never buy an Xbox One unless they change some of their policies.

Vigor

• Total Posts : 51
Re:The Xbox One hate is ludicrous - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:39 PM ( #16 )
MS can only blame themselves. Had they been more upfront and clear  about their policies, it wouldn't be the sh*tstorm is now.

Personally I'm having fun reading all these marketers'  damage Controls spiraling into madness on many forums.

thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 7018
Re:The Xbox One hate is ludicrous - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:42 PM ( #17 )
I would be more accepting if they gave some straight answers. Some day clous boosts Xbone perfomance  by lets say 8% then the next it's 10%. Wtf.

Stop beating around the bush.

cgoodno

• Total Posts : 3493
Re:The Xbox One hate is ludicrous - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:46 PM ( #18 )
Eiffel
Verizon/RedBox are already backing the PS4.  That's why they're coming to the system as a rental service as well.  I was surprised to find out how much money RedBox makes off game rentals.
Mr Tretton

• Total Posts : 2532
Re:The Xbox One hate is ludicrous - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 3:32 PM ( #19 )
As a Steam user, I don't really care about the used games part. It's the forced spy camera (which ups the price) that must be connected and used when commanded to, the 24 hour suicide watch, etc. It's anti consumer/anti user. The XBO could get a stack of exclusives that win GOTY awards, year after year, and I still wouldn't touch it. I'm not that weak. XBO's 'exclusivity' with some of these games is questionable once again like last gen, other than the obvious Halo/Forza stuff.

And again, I'm a PC user. I have no need for that console. PS4 will have exclusives and 3rd party games I can't get on PC, so I'll eventually get one as a simple entertainment tool for the living room. No forced camera, no 24 hr watch, cheaper, more power under the hood. Easy choice.

TheMART

• Total Posts : 3356
Re:The Xbox One hate is ludicrous - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 3:37 PM ( #20 )
Picnic

Traditionally, I have always been attracted to the underdog (e.g I bought a Gamecube last generation before I got any of the other 128 bit consoles). Not because they're always necessarily overall better but because there's always SOMETHING there that's better - and if that's your preference then nobody can say, or at least prove, that you're 'wrong'. 

The Xbox One will cost 75 pounds more at launch than the PS4. But it comes with Kinect 2.0 as standard (remember that the original Kinect cost over a 100 pounds). And you can Skype as standard on it. And you just know that Microsoft must have some new franchises somewhere up their sleeves, if only because it's been so very long since they were surprising on that front. How much do you think that the PS4 will cost when you buy an Eye Camera, Move controller (aren't you a bit 'meh' about having more than one controller? I only use the PS3 for regular controller games). 

Microsoft's used game policy set some people on a bad footing. But , as someone who nearly always buys new games or waits for new games to come down in price, it won't affect me. And, whilst it may be a money maker for Microsoft I don't mind if games companies get some of that. Why should a game potentially be passed around the world's population, resulting in some games selling far less than they might have done? The XboxOne presentation, concentrating on television, was a bore. Their talk of it being a Trojan Horse in the living room is a cynical choice of metaphor - that would make buyers being unwittingly groomed in to accepting services that they never intended to use. But as a deal? If Kinect 2.0 is great fun and if XboxOne games can look as good as PS4 ones then it's potentially just as good a deal. If they can get some interesting exclusives.

Sorry dude, but as one of the biggest 360 fanboys of N4G back in the days, I can honestly say they deserve everything that is coming at them.

But lets get into your post. You can Skype on it? I can Skype on my PSVita, even while playing the game/multitasking... I bet I can Skype on my PS4 too, but that kind of stuff isn't locked behind a paywall, which is with XBL (Netflix all that stuff while free on PS3/PSVita/PS4. Besides that, it has nothing to do with gaming.

Kinect, nice and all, but why force that motion casual gaming camera onto everyone so that one pays 100 Euro extra for Xbone instead of PS4. Besides the costs of the cam, you're forgetting that the PS4 even has the better hardware/stronger GPU and faster/more expensive 8GB GDDR5 RAM. Actually, the PS4 should be more expensive if you compare what Xbone brings. Aside from that cam that should be optional. Like PSEye is optional for PS4. Choice you know, not forced... BTW why do you mention the Move controller? Does the 360 have a move/wiimote option too? it only has the cam flapping your arms kicking your legs. You aren't FORCED to buy the Move, again.

But, I already bought a Move for my PS3, so it'll work with my PS4. I just have to buy that PSEye if I want to use it, which is 50 Euro. So for a grand total of 400+50 I'll have a console with a cam, that is, I'll only buy that cam if it actually has good move games that are the reason to buy that cam. What reasons did Kinect 1.0 give you to want Kinect 2.0? Kinect Adventures? Any other great Kinect game? Did I miss something utterly awesome that came out of Kinect, so the past gives me a good reason to want Kinect for the future? Meh for more controllers? Move is a very accurate wiimote basically. This > some motion cam flapping arms kicking legs shat.

Game companies earn when they make good games. Look at Naughty Dog, with their Uncharted series and now their big selling game The Last of Us. Everyone and their dog on my PSN friendlist is playing that game. That is how you earn money, not by forcing some DRM to take away rights from consumers. Same with indie devs, they get a chance to earn money on PSN because they can self publish. Not with MS, they want total control, force them to have a publisher. They restrict and don't improve the current industry, they want to control it all. It is not good. Last but not least:

"And you just know that Microsoft must have some new franchises somewhere up their sleeve"

They've showed whats up their sleeve. It cost them an investment of 1 billion USD they said. I was disappointed with what I saw in their E3 press conference, the game that I think was having most chance becoming a major new thing is Titanfall. And this game is from EA, so it'll be multiplatform after some months of timed exclusivity.

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 34 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread