PS4: auto-update, social features free to all users

PositiveEmotions

• Total Posts : 50
  • Reward points : 0
PS4: auto-update, social features free to all users - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:49 AM ( #1 )
Some PlayStation 3 features currently restricted to PlayStation Plus subscribers will be free to PlayStation 4 owners.

Speaking to , SCEE UK & Ireland MD Fergal Gara said auto-update, which is currently available only to PlayStation 3 owners with a PlayStation Plus subscription, will be free for all PlayStation 4 owners. 

He also noted that the console’s “social features” will not be restricted to subscribers – possibly including the .
“If you choose not to subscribe we are still gating relatively little in many senses, so access to online catch-up TV and online movie services sit outside of the gate, for example,” he said. 

“The social features of PS4 and PS4 games sit out of the subscription servic,. things like auto-updates on PS4 sit outside of PlayStation Plus, so we’re trying to be as balanced and as fair as we possibly can.” 

A PlayStation Plus subscription is required for online multiplayer on the PS4. Current subscriptions will automatically include PlayStation 4 content. PlayStation Plus also provides free games, discounts and access to exclusive content.

Sources comes from vg247
<message edited by PositiveEmotions on Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:59 AM>
wishingW3L

• Total Posts : 1091
Re:PS4: auto-update, social features free to all users - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 11:24 AM ( #2 )
All I want is a console to play games, and that includes its multiplayer component. I don't give a single fk about what Sony is giving me for free and sht... Online multiplayer should be free.
PositiveEmotions

Re:PS4: auto-update, social features free to all users - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 12:00 PM ( #3 )
wishingW3L

All I want is a console to play games, and that includes its multiplayer component. I don't give a single fk about what Sony is giving me for free and sht... Online multiplayer should be free.

Bro its less than $5 a month thats not allot of money and not all titles will require ps+ multiplayer.
WildArmed

• Total Posts : 10055
Re:PS4: auto-update, social features free to all users - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 12:49 PM ( #4 )
PositiveEmotions

wishingW3L

Bro its less than $5 a month thats not allot of money and not all titles will require ps+ multiplayer.

Said every extortionist.

Bro, it's only 200$.. and no one will bother you. You'll be able to sell your goods in peace.

lol.

And yes, thank God not all titles will require PS+. I'm glad Sony isn't putting F2P games behind a paywall. 

PositiveEmotions

Re:PS4: auto-update, social features free to all users - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 12:51 PM ( #5 )
WildArmed

PositiveEmotions

wishingW3L

Said every extortionist.

Bro, it's only 200$.. and no one will bother you. You'll be able to sell your goods in peace.

lol.

And yes, thank God not all titles will require PS+. I'm glad Sony isn't putting F2P games behind a paywall. 

Whats so funny ?
thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 6958
Re:PS4: auto-update, social features free to all users - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:43 PM ( #6 )
wishingW3L

That's hilarious.
Mr Tretton

• Total Posts : 2528
Re:PS4: auto-update, social features free to all users - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:11 PM ( #7 )
All I want is a console for $99, with two wired controllers, A/V cables, a free game, and no online. 

ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:PS4: auto-update, social features free to all users - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 3:46 PM ( #8 )
PositiveEmotions

wishingW3L

I hate the term apologist, but you really fit that definition. An apologist for this paid online crap.  Remember bro, it's only 5 dollars a month. Remember bro, it's only 10 dollars a month. Remember, it's only 20 dollars a month. Remember, it's only a subscription console. Remember, remember.

B Man

• Total Posts : 8468
Re:PS4: auto-update, social features free to all users - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 4:10 PM ( #9 )
PositiveEmotions

wishingW3L

I'd wager you were a PS3 fanboy and said the exact opposite about Xbox 360's LIVE policies... you know you did.  

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread