MS to remove DRM and "always online" restrictions.

Change Page: 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 1 of 15, messages 1 to 20 of 296 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Whoooop

• Total Posts : 5653
  • Reward points : 0
MS to remove DRM and "always online" restrictions. - Wednesday, June 19, 2013 2:52 PM ( #1 )
http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/microsoft-to-pull-complete-reversal-on-xbox-one-dr/1100-4673/

"Sources indicate Microsoft is going to move away from what's caused the company so much headache."

It was a rumor, but apparently it's true.

<message edited by Whoooop on Wednesday, June 19, 2013 2:54 PM>

KionicWarlord222

• Total Posts : 620
Re:MS to remove DRM and "always online" restrictions. - Wednesday, June 19, 2013 2:55 PM ( #2 )
Xbox 180

Whoooop

Re:MS to remove DRM and "always online" restrictions. - Wednesday, June 19, 2013 2:56 PM ( #3 )
I wonder what happens to the mighty power of the holy clouds now?  

TheMART

• Total Posts : 3356
Re:MS to remove DRM and "always online" restrictions. - Wednesday, June 19, 2013 2:58 PM ( #4 )
I don't give a rats ass anymore, they lost my trust already with their plans doing so.

So no Xbox Done next gen because of messing up MS, well done.

ZombieNinjaPanda

• Total Posts : 11431
Re:MS to remove DRM and "always online" restrictions. - Wednesday, June 19, 2013 2:59 PM ( #5 )
TheMART

I don't give a rats ass anymore, they lost my trust already with their plans doing so.

I can't really take you seriously. You blurt our corporate shillary jumping from one to another on a whim. 

Emilio_Estevez

• Total Posts : 2092
Re:MS to remove DRM and "always online" restrictions. - Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:00 PM ( #6 )
I've been saying all along they'd back out of it. Hope it's true, but if it isn't this will only fuel the fire.

Convas

• Total Posts : 2466
Re:MS to remove DRM and "always online" restrictions. - Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:01 PM ( #7 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

TheMART

I can't really take you seriously. You blurt our corporate shillary jumping from one to another on a whim. 

X2
(Steam: Ricky Ricardo)(Origin: Convas)(PSN/XBL: Convas)
Kenshin_BATT0USAI

• Total Posts : 10807
Re:MS to remove DRM and "always online" restrictions. - Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:02 PM ( #8 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

TheMART

I agree with that entirely. LOL

Back to topic though. The problem is, the word is out already. Sure they can say it's no longer the case, but if they're able to flipflop their policies so easily it'll lead to customer restlessness. No one is going to jump on a boat that might become a car in the middle of the sea.
Formerly Known as Hellbringer. PSN: KenshinBATT0USAI 3DS: 2895-6892-5663 Steam: Vashlion
Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11807
Re:MS to remove DRM and "always online" restrictions. - Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:05 PM ( #9 )
Convas

ZombieNinjaPanda

TheMART

X2

X3

DragonPs4

• Total Posts : 530
Re:MS to remove DRM and "always online" restrictions. - Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:12 PM ( #10 )
I don't understand why MS would even want these consumer restrictions to begin with. I haven't understood it at all. 
-MD-

• Total Posts : 8195
Re:MS to remove DRM and "always online" restrictions. - Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:23 PM ( #11 )
ZombieNinjaPanda

TheMART

Yeah Mart is a joke. Sony will do something to upset him and he'll jump ship someone else. He acts as if he's loyal but he's the exact opposite of loyal.

But anyways, if they remove drm I'll get one down the road for Killer Instinct. Hope it's true.
<message edited by -MD- on Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:24 PM>
TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4402
Re:MS to remove DRM and "always online" restrictions. - Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:25 PM ( #12 )
Wow, if true I will hold to my words and buy one... eventually. It will be after I get my PS4 of course.

My PSN ID is: xNocturnus    XBL Tag is: xX Nocturnus Xx
redDevil87

• Total Posts : 8354
Re:MS to remove DRM and "always online" restrictions. - Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:26 PM ( #13 )
Confirmation

http://news.xbox.com/2013/05/qa

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *breathes* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

F*k this company. Spat in the face of gamers, tried to spin everything, lied and now they come crawling back.

Whoooop

Re:MS to remove DRM and "always online" restrictions. - Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:27 PM ( #14 )
Confirmed, although the link doesn't work.

Good news for gamers to be honest.

redDevil87

Re:MS to remove DRM and "always online" restrictions. - Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:28 PM ( #15 )

Cliffy B crying right now.

Godmars290

• Total Posts : 177
Re:MS to remove DRM and "always online" restrictions. - Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:32 PM ( #16 )
if this is anything to go by:

Microsoft to Pull Complete Reversal on Xbox One DRM Policies The tug-of-war between Microsoft and Sony just got more interesting. Multiple sources inform me Microsoft will announce what amounts to a complete reversal on its DRM policies for Xbox One today. What does this mean? • No more always online requirement • The console no longer has to check in every 24 hours • All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360 • An Internet connection is only required when initially setting up the console • All downloaded games will function the same when online or offline • No additional restrictions on trading games or loaning discs • Region locks have been dropped It is unclear what caused this huge change in policy right after E3, a week where Microsoft executives spent days explaining, justifying, and talking about its policies to the press. I suspect Microsoft’s official announcement will say something to the effect of “we've been closely listening to consumer feedback.” Based on what I’m being told, that’s definitely true. I've reached out to Microsoft for comment.
Then they either still don't get it, that not everyone has online access, or its the best that they can do.
redDevil87

Re:MS to remove DRM and "always online" restrictions. - Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:33 PM ( #17 )
Page is no longer active, will be up in a few hours with policies ironed out.

See this post summarising what the link said: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=64862716&postcount=1749

Whoooop

Re:MS to remove DRM and "always online" restrictions. - Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:33 PM ( #18 )
redDevil87

Cliffy B crying right now.

haha he'll probably come out and say he was trolling.  Anyway, I'm seriously surprised and happy to know that console gaming might not be as ****ed as I thought it was going to be in the somewhat near future.

moegooner88

• Total Posts : 2041
Re:MS to remove DRM and "always online" restrictions. - Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:33 PM ( #19 )
redDevil87

Confirmation

F*k this company. Spat in the face of gamers, tried to spin everything, lied and now they come crawling back.

Decision was obviously taken recently, otherwise it would have been announced at E3, also to think that all MS executives  tried to defend the DRM policy in their interviews this last week. When gamers unite over something, they eventually get it, MS learned it the hard way.
Whoooop

Re:MS to remove DRM and "always online" restrictions. - Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:35 PM ( #20 )
moegooner88

redDevil87

Confirmation

Decision was obviously taken recently, otherwise it would have been announced at E3, also to think that all MS executives  tried to defend the DRM policy in their interviews this last week. When gamers unite over something, they eventually get it, MS learned it the hard way.

I think the best quote of all is the Major Nelson one that had "PS4 isn't a threat" in it.  At least they backtracked before release although I'm not sure if it's too late.

Change Page: 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 1 of 15, messages 1 to 20 of 296 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread