Which next-gen exclusive AAA titles will be the best? (in terms of ratings)

psyxon

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
Which next-gen exclusive AAA titles will be the best? (in terms of ratings) - Thursday, June 20, 2013 6:18 AM ( #1 )
Title. I just looked at the highest (and lowest) rated games of all time on metacritic, and found that 3 AAA ps3 exclusives were in the top 50, while 360 had none. But, in the top 100, it was a bit closer with ps3 having 4 (uc2, lbp, tlou, mgs4), and 360 having 2 (halo3 and gears1).

Personally, of the exclusives announced so far, these are the 5 I think will receive the highest ratings (in no particular order). This will probably change as new games are announced in upcoming months.

New Halo Game
The Order: 1886
Quantum Break
Titanfall (console exclusive0
inFamous: Second Son

A lot of people might be surprised at my exclusion of KZ:SF, but I've never been a fan of the KZ series, and I don't see it outshining any of the other games on this list except for possibly The Order and Quantum Break.

Halo I put there because, well, how can you not? I'm not a fan of the series, but you can't deny its capability of keeping its base coming back for more. Despite several other shooters coming out next-gen, I still think Halo will find a way to earn itself a very high rating.

I put the Order in my list because, imo, it honestly seems to be one of the most interesting stories in any games announced so far. The game can have good enough gameplay to support its story, and from that it could attain a very high rating, much like TLOU.

Now, I may be biased toward QB, as I'm a huge fan of Remedy and the direction they take their games. I loved Alan Wake and felt it didn't receive the credit it deserved this gen, but I think with QB, they will pull a lot of people into the type of stories they create. I really hope it does well, and people give it a shot.

Titanfall I put there because it appears to be a COD-like shooter to me, though a lot more ambitious, and gamers are going to bite like fish at bait. I can't wait to play it on PC, although I'm not a fan of COD, I don't want to prejudge the game based on its creator's history with past games.

Finally, I put inFamous here because, in comparison to its predecessors, it's seemingly a lot more fun, and looks to be one of the best open world games coming at the beginning of next-gen. I think it will be one of the standout titles on the PS4, and will finally reveal itself as one of the great open-world game series.

Hopefully we can keep this thread as gamer-friendly as possible, and refrain from being too biased toward any one console or platform. In the end, we're all gamers.

Btw, feel free to include PC games, guys!
<message edited by influxity on Thursday, June 20, 2013 6:30 AM>
wishingW3L

• Total Posts : 1091
Re:Which next-gen exclusive AAA titles will be the best? (in terms of ratings) - Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:34 AM ( #2 )
why Halo? Halo 4 has the lowest scores of them all, even lower than Killzone and Resistance. It seems that there is no magic without Bungie.

PS3:

1. Driveclub looks like a disaster. Even GT6 on PS3 has much better looking cars and environments and the gameplay looks like boring arcade. 50+ Metacritic

2. Killzone SF actually looks nice because of the new stealth elements, mini turret companion and bigger environments. But the lack of destructibility makes it feel so last gen, and not to mention 30 frames. But the game has the best lighting effect of any game on e3. Period. Never been a fan of the series but this one looks like it will shake things up greatly. 80+ Metacritic

3. Knack looks like another disaster. If its main and only focus are the combat and the braindead puzzles then I don't know what is Cerny doing but the game looks like sht gameplay wise and graphic wise. 60+ Metacritic

4. inFamous. Looks awesome but it will not be Triple A. 80+ Metacritic

5. The Order... I love steampunk but I don't like it how it is represented in this game. Haven't seen any gameplay so I can't comment but I saw guns and I'm tired of that. Santa Monica Studios are a Triple A developer though.

XB1:

1. Titanfall. It looks cool but is not my type of game but I feel like it will score 90+ on Metacritic because it looks and plays like Call of Duty with robots. Reviewers and the masses will eat it.

2. Killer Instinct = looks like a disaster waiting to happen. The wolf is so broken I don't even know how they dare to show this garbage game in public.

3. Forza 5 looks fantastic. Triple A for sure. 90+ Metacritic

4. Quantum Break, looks cheesy as hell, no gameplay, so I have no idea but it takes more than some CGI to impress me. Alan Wake games were sht. #DealWithIt

5. insomniac's new IP preview was just CGI and they always make decent games but nothing to brag about.

6. What else? I remember there were more games....

Nintendo:

Everything looked absolutely fantastic. From PG the 101 something something looks super awesome and the same with Project X or whatever the hel its name is.

Anyway between PS4 and XB1: Killzone, inFamous, Forza and Titanfall look like the best ones to me but 3rd party developers will be the ones to carry these consoles for a while. Watchdog, Battlefield, The Division, The Witness the free to play games like Planetside 2 and Warframes, etc. they all look like a lot of fun.

I haven't slept since yesterday so sorry oif something I wrote makes no sense.

<message edited by wishingW3L on Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:37 AM>
Mr Tretton

• Total Posts : 2528
Re:Which next-gen exclusive AAA titles will be the best? (in terms of ratings) - Thursday, June 20, 2013 3:34 PM ( #3 )
Ultimately we know very little about any of these games to judge.

I can however guess with confidence that MS will send tons of Halo swag bags to game reviewers to attempt to sway them.

-MD-

• Total Posts : 8195
Re:Which next-gen exclusive AAA titles will be the best? (in terms of ratings) - Thursday, June 20, 2013 4:19 PM ( #4 )
wishingW3L

2. Killer Instinct = looks like a disaster waiting to happen. The wolf is so broken I don't even know how they dare to show this garbage game in public.

wishingW3L

The wolf

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAA

<message edited by -MD- on Thursday, June 20, 2013 4:24 PM>
Convas

• Total Posts : 2466
Re:Which next-gen exclusive AAA titles will be the best? (in terms of ratings) - Thursday, June 20, 2013 4:23 PM ( #5 )
Go to bed Wishing, you're washed up son.

@OP: Don't give a damn about ratings son, just about what I find entertaining. You're not getting paid if your favorites do well or don't anyways, thus it is irrelevant.

As long as the games aren't fundamentally broken or a technical mess, everything will be cool.
(Steam: Ricky Ricardo)(Origin: Convas)(PSN/XBL: Convas)
-MD-

• Total Posts : 8195
Re:Which next-gen exclusive AAA titles will be the best? (in terms of ratings) - Thursday, June 20, 2013 4:24 PM ( #6 )
Wishing thinks "AAA" = metacritic rating?
Chard

• Total Posts : 500
Re:Which next-gen exclusive AAA titles will be the best? (in terms of ratings) - Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:52 PM ( #7 )
Seriously, take this opportunity to begin a new era of rating skepticism. This gen saw more 9's and 10's given out than any other gen, yet I think had the least amount of memorable games. 
Budgets and advertising will be big, and will influence reviews, but this is no indicator of the quality of the gameplay..
When I was first thinking about PS4 backwards compatibility, the first games that came to mind that I might want to play again were PS2 HD remakes.

<message edited by Chard on Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:53 PM>

coolbeans

• Total Posts : 3231
Re:Which next-gen exclusive AAA titles will be the best? (in terms of ratings) - Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:58 PM ( #8 )
wishingW3L

4. Quantum Break, looks cheesy as hell, no gameplay, so I have no idea but it takes more than some CGI to impress me. Alan Wake games were sht. #DealWithIt 

I haven't slept since yesterday so sorry oif something I wrote makes no sense.

You've gotten your sleep.  Now fix that.
<message edited by coolbeans on Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:59 PM>
ichimaru

• Total Posts : 2572
Re:Which next-gen exclusive AAA titles will be the best? (in terms of ratings) - Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:54 PM ( #9 )
Wishingw3l, you're trying waaaay to hard. the oxy is wearing off, go home please
  O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?- Jeremiah 4:14 False tears bring pai
B Man

• Total Posts : 8468
Re:Which next-gen exclusive AAA titles will be the best? (in terms of ratings) - Thursday, June 20, 2013 9:57 PM ( #10 )
Nothing that I've seen looks to be AAA material.  Certainly not freaking Halo.  Titanfall looks fun, but I'm going to bet on it being about an 8/10.
PeeWizzle

• Total Posts : 2853
Re:Which next-gen exclusive AAA titles will be the best? (in terms of ratings) - Thursday, June 20, 2013 10:01 PM ( #11 )
Hopefully not the same games that I played during this generation. 
My soul is still dancing.  

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message