Terminator' reboot coming June 2015

-Superman-

• Total Posts : 527
  • Reward points : 0
Terminator' reboot coming June 2015 - Friday, June 28, 2013 4:02 AM ( #1 )
http://collider.com/terminator-5-release-date-june-26-2015/

Skydance Productions, Annapurna Pictures and Paramount Pictures have jointly announced they will partner on a rebooted “TERMINATOR” movie, to be released by Paramount Pictures on June 26, 2015.
The first in a stand-alone trilogy, “TERMINATOR” will be produced by Megan Ellison of Annapurna and David Ellison of Skydance. Dana Goldberg and Paul Schwake of Skydance will serve as executive producers. Laeta Kalorgridis (“Avatar,” “Shutter Island”) and Patrick Lussier (“Drive Angry”) are attached to write the screenplay.
Launched in 1984 with star Arnold Schwarzenegger as the title character, “TERMINATOR” spanned 3 subsequent films, which have earned over $1 billion at the worldwide box office.
David Ellison most recently executive produced, along with his partners at Paramount, “World War Z,” “Star Trek Into Darkness,” “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” and “Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol”. A 5th installment of in the “Mission: Impossible” franchise is in active development, along with a 3rd film in the “G.I. Joe” franchise, among other films.
Megan Ellison most recently produced the Academy Award®-nominated “Zero Dark Thirty,” “The Master” and executive produced “Spring Breakers” via her Annapurna Pictures banner and has David O. Russell’s “American Hustle,” Spike Jonze’s “Her,” and Bennett Miller’s “Foxcatcher” set for release later this year.

Facts we know:
1)It will be rated R - http://collider.com/terminator-5-rated-r/
2)Arnold will be back 
3)Not fact, but week before that we got news that they will make Terminator reboot and it was going to be like this:
[font="tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 15px"]Set in the 1940s and 1950s, 'Terminator 5' is expected to focus on the parents of Sarah Connor – who the titular character attempts to assassinate in the original 1984 movie - before she was born. [font="tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 15px"]Schwarzenegger – who plays the lead character - has already confirmed he will be returning for the next 'Terminator' instalment but he is not expected to portray a robot. [font="tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 15px"]Instead, he will play a man whose ability to protect the Connor clan inspired the design of the robot in the original movie.
[font="tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 15px"]

[font="tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 15px"]

This make sense. Why? Well, because Arnold is too old, and i don´t think he will make another 6 Terminator movies, so, for respect, they bring Arnold back as human and Terminator(The Rock) is sent back in time to kill Sarah Connor parents.
It is interesting. In Terminator Arnold was sent back in time to kill Sarah, while in Reboot he is human and tries to protect family.

Still such as shame. Terminator 4 was good, only movie that was bad is Terminator 3. They should have do Terminator 5 and 6 to finish this all.

I am Superman.  I love Superman Returns movie suit. Brandon Routh looks great in tights.
I really want to wear Superman Returns suit because its tight and hot for teens and awesom
redDevil87

• Total Posts : 8354
Re:Terminator' reboot coming June 2015 - Friday, June 28, 2013 9:03 AM ( #2 )
They need to let this die.

They're just dragging a franchise that was once considered great through the mud. 

Let it die . . . this film could be amazing in 3D though.

wishingW3L

• Total Posts : 1091
Re:Terminator' reboot coming June 2015 - Friday, June 28, 2013 10:15 AM ( #3 )
they will never be able to surpass T2 so it's time to move on. T2 felt real but with today's mindset they will not be able to achieve that ever again. All they care about these days is about making high budget movies with tons of special effects to draw people's attention and make tons of money instead of trying to tell good stories. That's why I only go to the theater like 1 or 2 times a year, because 90% of the movies these days are nothing but shallow crap. You can even find more emotion in a video game like The Last of Us than on most movies that have a theater release.
DaThreats

• Total Posts : 1596
Re:Terminator' reboot coming June 2015 - Friday, June 28, 2013 11:15 AM ( #4 )
Intereseting. So when it says reboot, it actually means prequal right?

B Man

• Total Posts : 8479
Re:Terminator' reboot coming June 2015 - Friday, June 28, 2013 1:50 PM ( #5 )
They need to end the series with one last Arnold movie.  Sadly that's not the case, this is what will happen.

Terminator 5

Terminator reboots 1-3

Franchise rights goes back to James Cameron in 2019, which will probably result in yet another Terminator Reboot.

... I hate you Hollywood.
prodigal_twit

• Total Posts : 366
Re:Terminator' reboot coming June 2015 - Saturday, June 29, 2013 12:11 AM ( #6 )
DaThreats

That's what I thought as well...

-Superman-

Re:Terminator' reboot coming June 2015 - Saturday, June 29, 2013 2:17 AM ( #7 )
DaThreats

Well, its full reboot, just that movie happens before T1. So yeah, kinda like prequel, but full reboot.

I am Superman.  I love Superman Returns movie suit. Brandon Routh looks great in tights.
I really want to wear Superman Returns suit because its tight and hot for teens and awesom
Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11966
Re:Terminator' reboot coming June 2015 - Saturday, June 29, 2013 3:34 AM ( #8 )
Sixty eight year old terminator. Sure why not? 

DaThreats

• Total Posts : 1596
Re:Terminator' reboot coming June 2015 - Saturday, June 29, 2013 8:35 AM ( #9 )
-Superman-

DaThreats

Well, its full reboot, just that movie happens before T1. So yeah, kinda like prequel, but full reboot.

Well that's misleading, they should say, making a prequel trilogy. It's not trully a reboot.

-Superman-

Re:Terminator' reboot coming June 2015 - Saturday, June 29, 2013 10:48 PM ( #10 )
DaThreats

-Superman-

DaThreats

Well that's misleading, they should say, making a prequel trilogy. It's not trully a reboot.

This is reboot. This is not prequel trilogy when first movie takes place before Terminator 1, but second and third movie can take place after Terminator and Judgement Day will happens in different date, not anymore 1997 or 2004. So, its REBOOT, not prequel trilogy.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread