Cali Pigs Shoot And Execute Dog

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 47 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11809
  • Reward points : 0
Cali Pigs Shoot And Execute Dog - Monday, July 01, 2013 9:01 PM ( #1 )

Apparently during a SWAT operation a man pulls over to record the situation while having his windows down and music blasting, police ask him to turn down the music and he refused. Knowing he was going to be arrested the man went back to put his dog in the car momentarily. Willingly giving himself over, the cops arrest him and forcibly start to move the man to a cop car. Reacting to the painful handling the man begins complaining they're being too rough; the dog takes acknowledgement of this and reacts to barking at the cops. The cops ignore and continue. The dog then jumps from the car to his owners aid. In an attempt to get a hold of the dog an officer shoots and wounds the dog, then the officer briefly walks to the canine and executes it. 

Lesson:  Roll your windows up just high enough for the dog's safety, because you can't expect a cop to handle a simple situation without spilling blood. 
<message edited by Eiffel on Monday, July 01, 2013 9:08 PM>

MattyG

• Total Posts : 3346
Re:Cali Pigs Shoot And Execute Dog - Monday, July 01, 2013 9:29 PM ( #2 )
Dude, what the f**k is wrong with these cops. If you can't handle a god**** dog, get the the f**k off the police force. Give one of these guys a gun and they feel like they're king of the world. What a prick.

After I watched it again, yeah the dog jumped at him, but there's gotta be a better way of handling that situation.
<message edited by MattyG on Monday, July 01, 2013 9:34 PM>

acemonkey

• Total Posts : 3025
Re:Cali Pigs Shoot And Execute Dog - Monday, July 01, 2013 9:37 PM ( #3 )
lil ****ed up...the dog looked like it was going over there and then just jumped up and the cops took as the dog was going to bite...

not really funny but people was screaming the dog was jumping out and shoot it..and when they shot the dog its ****ed up...worst video ive seen is a man having a seizure in the street and the dog was next to his owner...and the cops shot the dog to get to the man

@matty yeah they should have taser the dog or spray it...but then again i dont think the cops should have try to touch the dog..should have kept walking away from it or un-cuff the guy and tell him to put his dog away...and just wrote him a ticket(if they wanted too) instead of one of the cops trying to touch the dog...idk if the dog try to bite when he was jumping but still kinda i dont know what to do moment...
<message edited by acemonkey on Monday, July 01, 2013 9:40 PM>
Eiffel

Re:Cali Pigs Shoot And Execute Dog - Monday, July 01, 2013 10:31 PM ( #4 )
The man was willingly giving himself up and the police handled him roughly. They knew he had a rottweiler, but chose to instigate the situation by ignoring basic instincts of a domestic canines loyalty to it's owner. He was willing so arresting him was a bit extreme over some loud music, they shouldn't have been rough; simple enough, they should have let the man who was willing to be arrested handle his dog. They instead took a life over a simple situation. 

Waste of human resource. 

acemonkey

• Total Posts : 3025
Re:Cali Pigs Shoot And Execute Dog - Monday, July 01, 2013 10:42 PM ( #5 )
Eiffel

The man was willingly giving himself up and the police handled him roughly. They knew he had a rottweiler, but chose to instigate the situation by ignoring basic instincts of a domestic canines loyalty to it's owner. He was willing so arresting him was a bit extreme over some loud music, they shouldn't have been rough; simple enough, they should have let the man who was willing to be arrested handle his dog. They instead took a life over a simple situation. 

Waste of human resource. 

yes he did give up easy...handcuff but then he started to not fight against the cop but not move his foot during the search...u can say the cop moved him fast or rough and the guy was like wtf? like most have us done during the search...but the dog was parking when they was puttin handcuffs on....yes the dog is extreme loyal ...i said they should have not try to touch the dog and just release the guy to handle the dog then write him a ticket if need instead of trying to touch the dog....its kinda all of them was wrong or did something foolish and didnt think their actions full....yes we all look when the cops so up but really stop rubber necking...drive the hell home watch the swat team on tv....but then again he had a right to tape it but he was annoying the cops...and the cops should have told him to put his dog away and shut the music off and made the traffic go tho streets....as far as shooting the dog not justified....they should have spray it or taser it...but all of this could have been avoid 
SanMarco

• Total Posts : 988
Re:Cali Pigs Shoot And Execute Dog - Monday, July 01, 2013 11:05 PM ( #6 )
Wtf!!! Seriously. I can't believe that. My heart is pumping like crazy right now. 
PSN: Mr_Mojo__Risin-
WildArmed

• Total Posts : 10043
Re:Cali Pigs Shoot And Execute Dog - Monday, July 01, 2013 11:13 PM ( #7 )
Wow... that's freaking horse crap. 

Eiffel

Re:Cali Pigs Shoot And Execute Dog - Monday, July 01, 2013 11:15 PM ( #8 )
Apparently the man who shot the dog has a record of going against policy and power tripping, somewhat notorious for arresting people who record and request complaint forms. Also he killed a mentally handicapped person. His phone number and home address are fluctuating through /b/ like sperm cells racing to an egg. 

One thing about 4chan. You can be the most horrible person in the world and get pushed around for a bit, but **** with a dog or cat and you'll be a national pin cushion of harassment and destruction. 

WildArmed

• Total Posts : 10043
Re:Cali Pigs Shoot And Execute Dog - Monday, July 01, 2013 11:57 PM ( #9 )
Eiffel

Apparently the man who shot the dog has a record of going against policy and power tripping, somewhat notorious for arresting people who record and request complaint forms. Also he killed a mentally handicapped person. His phone number and home address are fluctuating through /b/ like sperm cells racing to an egg. 

One thing about 4chan. You can be the most horrible person in the world and get pushed around for a bit, but **** with a dog or cat and you'll be a national pin cushion of harassment and destruction. 

A pet doesn't deserve the punishment for the owner's crime. 

Was it attack/aggressive dog?

cgoodno

• Total Posts : 3394
Re:Cali Pigs Shoot And Execute Dog - Tuesday, July 02, 2013 12:24 AM ( #10 )
WildArmed

Eiffel

It jumped, but no biting.  And only when they were rough with its owner.

Policy around here, after just asking my brother-in-law, is that when a person has an animal you have the owner subdue and properly restrain the animal in question, at gun point in extreme cases, before they search you or your property.  That includes ensuring it is either completely enclosed/caged and/or tied up at a good distance from the officers.  There was a case a few years back when he almost had to shoot a dog since the owner was using it to attack the officers from its leash.  But, the dog got loose and ran over and sat on its seat cushion and paid no mind to the officers. 

Edit: Also, they do have pole snares in their cars for ensaring animals like this and keeping them at range.  Considering the officers knew there was a dog there, their first duty should have been to retrieve such a device, obviously on hand during a SWAT event, and subdue the dog that way.  

Poorly handled situation that resulted in an unnecessary and violent action against an animal that only understood that it needed to protect the one who took care of it, not that was acting out violently without reason.

<message edited by cgoodno on Tuesday, July 02, 2013 12:28 AM>
Tewi-Inaba

• Total Posts : 2216
Re:Cali Pigs Shoot And Execute Dog - Tuesday, July 02, 2013 12:52 AM ( #11 )
WildArmed

Eiffel

Just watched the video and it wasn't the black guys fault.
given, maybe filming and agitating the cops may have been a bad idea
but he did nothing wrong. until he walked towards the cop in a semi threatening manner but I guess he did that because the cops were going for him.

This was a case of severe stupidity on both sides and a clueless dog suffered for it

Oh well que sera sera as they say

Friend Code:1650-0941-8045
TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4402
Re:Cali Pigs Shoot And Execute Dog - Tuesday, July 02, 2013 1:55 AM ( #12 )
I wont watch that video. I don't want to see a dog get shot to death. I have seen thousands of pets euthanized over the years of working as a vet tech but it was humane and necessary. 

If it were my dog, well lets just say that the officer involved would regret his rash decision... forever.

My PSN ID is: xNocturnus    XBL Tag is: xX Nocturnus Xx
coolbeans

• Total Posts : 3236
Re:Cali Pigs Shoot And Execute Dog - Tuesday, July 02, 2013 6:38 AM ( #13 )
Didn't think my heart would sink further until the very last moments of the dog captured on video (spoiler when it tumbled into the street and started twisting violently). So sad.   
<message edited by coolbeans on Tuesday, July 02, 2013 6:39 AM>
B Man

• Total Posts : 8468
Re:Cali Pigs Shoot And Execute Dog - Tuesday, July 02, 2013 6:46 AM ( #14 )
Don't know what you guys saw but that dog was about to attack.  He was clearly showing signs of aggression. Sure he could waited until the dog officially went for the bite, but why allow it to reach that point.   The execution was unnecessary, though depending on the wound it might have ended up being a humane thing to do at that point. 
TheMART

• Total Posts : 3356
Re:Cali Pigs Shoot And Execute Dog - Tuesday, July 02, 2013 7:18 AM ( #15 )
Black guy should have been quiet and stand back, instead of filming the police. And make sure that dog would have been locked up.

You can't blame the dog, but you can blame his owner. Dog did make some attacking movements and as we all know, dogs can bite in certain situations. If a human has the choice to get bitten or kill an animal, kill the animal.
Hope the black guy learns from this and stay back in situations like this. Why videotape the police up so close again?

iNcRiMiNaTi

• Total Posts : 1357
Re:Cali Pigs Shoot And Execute Dog - Tuesday, July 02, 2013 9:25 AM ( #16 )
TheMART

Black guy should have been quiet and stand back, instead of filming the police. And make sure that dog would have been locked up.

You can't blame the dog, but you can blame his owner. Dog did make some attacking movements and as we all know, dogs can bite in certain situations. If a human has the choice to get bitten or kill an animal, kill the animal.
Hope the black guy learns from this and stay back in situations like this. Why videotape the police up so close again?

I agree with that but it could've also been avoided. They could've at least released the guy briefly to calm the dog down, put him away and then continued the arrest.....for filming the police, which is legal by the way
<message edited by iNcRiMiNaTi on Tuesday, July 02, 2013 9:26 AM>
DaThreats

• Total Posts : 1596
Re:Cali Pigs Shoot And Execute Dog - Tuesday, July 02, 2013 9:26 AM ( #17 )
Looking at the vid, I'm thinking the whole time, why don't they just taze the dog instead?
I knew the dog was just protecting the owner. That cop better be fired, with a lawsuit following place.

Eiffel

Re:Cali Pigs Shoot And Execute Dog - Tuesday, July 02, 2013 10:01 AM ( #18 )
iNcRiMiNaTi

TheMART

I agree with that but it could've also been avoided. They could've at least released the guy briefly to calm the dog down, put him away and then continued the arrest.....for filming the police, which is legal by the way

I talked to my neighbor who is a retired cop and he saw the video. He said that the way those cops handled it was barbaric. There are policies in place that require them to have a pole snare on hand(there was a swat team there, which have these at all times as cgnoodno stated) for someone committing "disorderly conduct" who happen to have an animal with them. The dog should have been subdued BEFORE making an arrest. He agreed with me that the cops instigated the dog by not only ignoring policy but putting not only themselves at risk but everyone around them. He said if it was his department he'd have them out of a job. 

Oh and the owner is suing the department, with that evidence and no doubt the policy being brought up. They're screwed. 
<message edited by Eiffel on Tuesday, July 02, 2013 10:27 AM>

timmyp53

• Total Posts : 2714
Re:Cali Pigs Shoot And Execute Dog - Tuesday, July 02, 2013 10:05 PM ( #19 )
My night is ruined.
elcompa425

• Total Posts : 1275
Re:Cali Pigs Shoot And Execute Dog - Tuesday, July 02, 2013 10:19 PM ( #20 )
I don't even know what to think anymore. Got damn California cops give good cops a bad name. My goodness. If that were me, I would have handled that situation......COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. 

However, I guess if you're put in that type of situation. You're thinking me or the dog. Clearly, I would have shot the dog as well if I were in that situation(if i felt threatened by it). Also, it's a bunch of white cops in a ghetto part of Hawthorne, they were probably already afraid; adrenaline and training kicked in beast mode style. They say curiosity kills a cat, unfortunately it killed a dog.....RIP rotty....:/.
<message edited by elcompa425 on Tuesday, July 02, 2013 10:32 PM>

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 47 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread