What you guys think about GT6?

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
wishingW3L

• Total Posts : 1091
  • Reward points : 0
What you guys think about GT6? - Wednesday, July 03, 2013 5:42 PM ( #1 )
I played the Academy demo and this game's a huge improvement on every aspect but 1. The aliasing in this game is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen this entire generation. With the old games (GT5 and Prologue) you could either play the games on 1080p with x2 MSAA or 720p with x4 MSAA but in this demo it doesn't matter on what resolution you play because aliasing is equally bad on both settings! 

Another thing is the Replays. On the old games you could see that the Replays had better post-processing and stuff because it was 30fps and I'm not sure if my eyes are deceiving me but it seems the Replays are now 60fps too. Which mean that now even the Replays are a jagged mess too.
Aside from that, the game's epic. Reflection on cars are super realistic, the lighting is even better, the game has more color, the environments are much more detailed, draw-distance is longer, the shadows are not as jagged and ugly (but still ugly nonetheless), you can now see and feel the weight shifting through the tires/suspension when taking corners, etc. Just remember to turn off all the beginner's assists because then the cars feel like you're driving a minivan or something. But if you're playing with Analog Stick then it'd be good to turn up the over-steering assist a bit, if not you'll be over-steering on every corner unless you're very precise and gentle while moving the stick (so, Wheel > Pad > Stick). 

I just hope the game gets a PS4 version because even though I loved what I played them jaggies are too awful for me to handle. Like seriously, I see it and I still find it hard to believe because it's sooo bad.

Mr Tretton

• Total Posts : 2532
Re:What you guys think about GT6? - Wednesday, July 03, 2013 5:51 PM ( #2 )
Well hopefully they'll fix that because I've had a GT itch and haven't played one since GT5P. If they don't have better AA in GT6 then I'll just get GT5XL. I am very anti jaggy! I'll even take FXAA when I have to, which is rare, but still, this is the no jaggy zone. 8)

Ducky

• Total Posts : 2371
Re:What you guys think about GT6? - Wednesday, July 03, 2013 7:44 PM ( #3 )
I like the UI and overall presentation.

Can't really say anything about the driving. It seems better, but it kinda feels like the cars are too good? I'm always a bit wary of sponsored events.
Mr Tretton

Re:What you guys think about GT6? - Wednesday, July 03, 2013 11:36 PM ( #4 )
Someone said this at the main site "It's a 1 gb file with graphics and pretty much everything toned down (according to devs) so more people can participate in the contest."

SanMarco

• Total Posts : 989
Re:What you guys think about GT6? - Wednesday, July 03, 2013 11:46 PM ( #5 )
Horrible. C'mon. 
Most boring game I've played, graphics aren't even good. And wtf, they just keep using the same old maps. How is this new let alone the next installment to GT5. GT is so overrated.

Pass Pass Pass.i don't give me that " it's a racing simulator, not motorstorm" we'll guess what it's boring as **** sim or not.

PSN: Mr_Mojo__Risin-
thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 7018
Re:What you guys think about GT6? - Wednesday, July 03, 2013 11:52 PM ( #6 )
SanMarco

Horrible. C'mon. 
Most boring game I've played, graphics aren't even good. And wtf, they just keep using the same old maps. How is this new let alone the next installment to GT5. GT is so overrated.

Pass Pass Pass.i don't give me that " it's a racing simulator, not motorstorm" we'll guess what it's boring as **** sim or not.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel.

Bladesfist

• Total Posts : 783
Re:What you guys think about GT6? - Thursday, July 04, 2013 2:58 AM ( #7 )
thebudgetgamer

SanMarco

Horrible. C'mon. 

Why don't you tell us how you really feel.

I'll go first. I think that the game is a racer and I have no feelings positive or negative for it. How did I do?
N7Lukas

• Total Posts : 19
Re:What you guys think about GT6? - Thursday, July 04, 2013 7:37 AM ( #8 )
SanMarco

Horrible. C'mon. 

I agree on the overrated part, for a sim the sounds are horrendous and before you say "they arent the final sounds!!!" bear in mind all of the past games have had terrible car sounds too. Why would they go to all that trouble to create a sim and then not use real recordings of the cars?

And yeah, the game is beyond boring.
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer, cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?
Kenshin_BATT0USAI

• Total Posts : 10857
Re:What you guys think about GT6? - Thursday, July 04, 2013 7:49 AM ( #9 )
SanMarco

Horrible. C'mon. 

I'm not the biggest racing sim fan, but I find it funny how you say this despite Silverstone being a completely new map that is featured in this demo.
Formerly Known as Hellbringer. PSN: KenshinBATT0USAI 3DS: 2895-6892-5663 Steam: Vashlion
Shawn-

• Total Posts : 74
Re:What you guys think about GT6? - Thursday, July 04, 2013 10:05 AM ( #10 )
I hate racing simulator games. I'll probably play it for the eye candy but would rather play an arcade racer.

DaThreats

• Total Posts : 1596
Re:What you guys think about GT6? - Thursday, July 04, 2013 10:34 AM ( #11 )
I think it's obvious the demo has been compressed and it's old code, describing the graphics are just like that in GT6 is foolish. 

Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11965
Re:What you guys think about GT6? - Thursday, July 04, 2013 10:45 AM ( #12 )
Bladesfist

I'll go first. I think that the game is a racer and I have no feelings positive or negative for it.

This. Driving in circles a dozen times. What joy. 

-MD-

• Total Posts : 8196
Re:What you guys think about GT6? - Thursday, July 04, 2013 11:13 AM ( #13 )
It's definitely another car game I'll give it that.
SmokeyMcBear

• Total Posts : 14805
Re:What you guys think about GT6? - Thursday, July 04, 2013 5:05 PM ( #14 )
@wishing, when using analog stick to steer, hold the stick forward all the way at all times , and steer accordingly, dont just move left or right. Use it kinda kind of like walking in an fps. This gives you very precise steering movements, much better that the pad where you get jerkey movements from tapping the dpad.  Also use analog stick for gas and brake

All work and no play.. makes odion go something something
SmokeyMcBear

• Total Posts : 14805
Re:What you guys think about GT6? - Thursday, July 04, 2013 5:09 PM ( #15 )
N7Lukas

SanMarco

Horrible. C'mon. 

I agree on the overrated part, for a sim the sounds are horrendous and before you say "they arent the final sounds!!!" bear in mind all of the past games have had terrible car sounds too. Why would they go to all that trouble to create a sim and then not use real recordings of the cars?

And yeah, the game is beyond boring.

http://www.gtplanet.net/g...rismo-6-engine-sounds/

All work and no play.. makes odion go something something
ichimaru

• Total Posts : 2572
Re:What you guys think about GT6? - Thursday, July 04, 2013 5:13 PM ( #16 )
 its a racing sim. looks good. looks great but it's a racing sim
  O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?- Jeremiah 4:14 False tears bring pai
MidnytRain

• Total Posts : 3755
Re:What you guys think about GT6? - Thursday, July 04, 2013 11:19 PM ( #17 )
Eiffel

Bladesfist

I'll go first. I think that the game is a racer and I have no feelings positive or negative for it.

I'm guessing you're not a fan of racing games, Eiffel. I really liked GT5, though I'm not sure what's new in GT6 that'd make me wanna buy it.
Ducky

• Total Posts : 2371
Re:What you guys think about GT6? - Thursday, July 04, 2013 11:28 PM ( #18 )
MidnytRain

Eiffel

Bladesfist

I'm guessing you're not a fan of racing games, Eiffel. I really liked GT5, though I'm not sure what's new in GT6 that'd make me wanna buy it.

I felt the tracks had trickier height variations.

It's been like a month since I last played GT5, but I remember the tracks being 'flatter' than they are in GT6.
So... there's that small change.

I'm definitely not going in any rush to purchase another GT game. Might grab it once they're done re-releasing it twice and milking the DLC. 
Mr Tretton

Re:What you guys think about GT6? - Thursday, July 04, 2013 11:31 PM ( #19 )
Well, the topic asked what seemed like an open question I guess. But yeah, no need for negativity towards a genre you don't like. Just like I have nothing to say about RTS games or Sim City type games. All genres are 'overhyped' if you don't like them. That applies to everything in your little personal world.

Mr Tretton

Re:What you guys think about GT6? - Thursday, July 04, 2013 11:34 PM ( #20 )
Ducky

I'm definitely not going in any rush to purchase another GT game. Might grab it once they're done re-releasing it twice and milking the DLC. 

This. But, wish they wouldn't. I really think GT'6' exists to one up 'Forza 5', in that silly psychological way. Maybe no more prologues and number wars instead? 

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread