Ryan Davis, 1979 - 2013

FAT MAN GO BOOM

• Total Posts : 15363
  • Reward points : 0
Ryan Davis, 1979 - 2013 - Monday, July 08, 2013 1:33 PM ( #1 )
Ryan Davis, 1979 - 2013 by Matthew Rorie on July 8, 2013 Giant Bomb has suffered a profound loss.

Ryan Davis passed away on July 3rd. He was 34.
Obviously we’re all stunned over here. Ryan was a good friend to all of us. It’s odd to remember that, for someone who could be so acerbic at times, and despite knowing him for almost a decade, I honestly don’t recall ever actually being mad at him. He had an unconventional type of kindness that expressed itself more strongly the longer one knew him, and despite his teasing nature, he always managed to make his close friends feel loved when his attention turned towards you.
Many of you know that Ryan was recently married. In the face of this awfulness, many of us will at least always remember him as we last saw him: outrageously, uproariously happy, looking forward to his next adventure with the biggest grin his face could hold.
The consolation we can feel from that is miniscule compared to the hole that Ryan’s absence will leave in our lives. That’s not a hole that is possible to fill; it’s just something that we’ll just have to get used to walking around with, and that will not happen for a long, long time.
[ali
FAT MAN GO BOOM

Re:Ryan Davis, 1979 - 2013 - Monday, July 08, 2013 1:37 PM ( #2 )
I just fond out from another member farsendor over steam about this...

Daivs was a big reason why I went to Gamespot for the longest...  He was there for a long time and helped make giant bomb 
It is sad... he was only 34 and recently married... it is to bad... 

What he died of I don;t know...but may he rest in peace.
[ali
Pandamobile

• Total Posts : 1709
Re:Ryan Davis, 1979 - 2013 - Monday, July 08, 2013 2:00 PM ( #3 )
Depressingly ironic tweet from a few days ago: 

:(

<message edited by Pandamobile on Monday, July 08, 2013 2:01 PM>
FAT MAN GO BOOM

Re:Ryan Davis, 1979 - 2013 - Monday, July 08, 2013 2:18 PM ( #4 )
Pandamobile

Damn,  I wonder if it was a heart attack. it is sad all of it though the timing it sucks... Way too young...  wonder if he had knew something was wrong and made a joke about it since that was the same day he died...
<message edited by FAT MAN GO BOOM on Monday, July 08, 2013 2:20 PM>
[ali
TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4403
Re:Ryan Davis, 1979 - 2013 - Monday, July 08, 2013 2:26 PM ( #5 )
FAT MAN GO BOOM

Pandamobile

Damn,  I wonder if it was a heart attack. it is sad all of it though the timing it sucks... Way too young...  wonder if he had knew something was wrong and made a joke about it since that was the same day he died...

I had a coworker/friend of mine die when he was 33. The morning he died he posted a long retrospective blog of his life and how he loves his kids and wife. At the end of his blog he mentioned that he was having indigestion which is why he was up so early. He died later that morning of a massive heart attack.

Always a shame when someone dies young.

My PSN ID is: xNocturnus    XBL Tag is: xX Nocturnus Xx
FAT MAN GO BOOM

Re:Ryan Davis, 1979 - 2013 - Monday, July 08, 2013 2:30 PM ( #6 )
TheNocturnus

FAT MAN GO BOOM

Pandamobile

I had a coworker/friend of mine die when he was 33. The morning he died he posted a long retrospective blog of his life and how he loves his kids and wife. At the end of his blog he mentioned that he was having indigestion which is why he was up so early. He died later that morning of a massive heart attack.

Always a shame when someone dies young.

Damn that sucks... 

I am sorry about your friend Noc... and you are right  it is always a shame when someone young dies.
[ali
Kenshin_BATT0USAI

• Total Posts : 10816
Re:Ryan Davis, 1979 - 2013 - Monday, July 08, 2013 2:31 PM ( #7 )
I hate to be a dick but, the guy was overweight at the age of 34. He should've taken better care of himself.
Formerly Known as Hellbringer. PSN: KenshinBATT0USAI 3DS: 2895-6892-5663 Steam: Vashlion
FAT MAN GO BOOM

Re:Ryan Davis, 1979 - 2013 - Monday, July 08, 2013 3:22 PM ( #8 )
Vashlion

I hate to be a dick but, the guy was overweight at the age of 34. He should've taken better care of himself.

Yep that makes you a dick.... and I am sure you did not hate it that much or you would have had a little respect and not said it... 
[ali
DragonPs4

• Total Posts : 530
Re:Ryan Davis, 1979 - 2013 - Monday, July 08, 2013 4:12 PM ( #9 )
Vashlion

you should have kept that to yourself jackass. 
Letros

• Total Posts : 1263
Re:Ryan Davis, 1979 - 2013 - Monday, July 08, 2013 5:15 PM ( #10 )
Never heard of him, but RIP, died too young.

Tewi-Inaba

• Total Posts : 2216
Re:Ryan Davis, 1979 - 2013 - Monday, July 08, 2013 6:07 PM ( #11 )
Why couldn't it have been some **** journalist from kotaku intead?
Before I get **** I don't mean that, nobody deserves death for being retarded, never take me seriously please.

Friend Code:1650-0941-8045
B Man

• Total Posts : 8468
Re:Ryan Davis, 1979 - 2013 - Monday, July 08, 2013 9:06 PM ( #12 )
No idea who this is but RIP. 
PeeWizzle

• Total Posts : 2859
Re:Ryan Davis, 1979 - 2013 - Monday, July 08, 2013 9:49 PM ( #13 )
My soul is still dancing.  
Theo1130

• Total Posts : 1868
Re:Ryan Davis, 1979 - 2013 - Tuesday, July 09, 2013 3:36 AM ( #14 )
So this is my blog post that I made for Ryan:

"It's strange to think whether I'd be into video games if it wasn't for Ryan Davis. Though he wasn't my favorite personality of the podcasts I listened to(Giantbomb, and The Hotspot), I couldn't imagine Ryan not being there.  I basically grew up listening to Ryan from around the age of 11, when I was too broke to buy video games on a regular basis. But listening to Ryan or any of the other Hotspoters talk about videogames and random tangents filled my weeks with joy. That continued even as I grew, stuck in horrible jobs where I was stuck in nightshifts that seemed to drag on into eternity. But each tuesday became Giantbomb day. The night that wouldn't die just seemed to slip away into the night. Since then time has continued slipping, with the same week routine: waiting for Giantbomb day until today.  Reading that Ryan Davis had passed away was a shock, even 6 day after the tragic event. Though I am not a religious man, I wish him luck where ever he is, and condolences to his wife who has to carry it only a week into her marriage, and I also wish the best to his co-workers at the Giantbomb and anyone who has had the pleasure of getting to know him; whether it be meeting him face to face or listening to him each week like me.  Thank you Ryan."

If you guys could help me get this approved, I'd be grateful.
http://n4g.com/blogs/details/523332

FAT MAN GO BOOM

Re:Ryan Davis, 1979 - 2013 - Tuesday, July 09, 2013 8:57 AM ( #15 )
Theo1130

So this is my blog post that I made for Ryan:

"It's strange to think whether I'd be into video games if it wasn't for Ryan Davis. Though he wasn't my favorite personality of the podcasts I listened to(Giantbomb, and The Hotspot), I couldn't imagine Ryan not being there.  I basically grew up listening to Ryan from around the age of 11, when I was too broke to buy video games on a regular basis. But listening to Ryan or any of the other Hotspoters talk about videogames and random tangents filled my weeks with joy. That continued even as I grew, stuck in horrible jobs where I was stuck in nightshifts that seemed to drag on into eternity. But each tuesday became Giantbomb day. The night that wouldn't die just seemed to slip away into the night. Since then time has continued slipping, with the same week routine: waiting for Giantbomb day until today.  Reading that Ryan Davis had passed away was a shock, even 6 day after the tragic event. Though I am not a religious man, I wish him luck where ever he is, and condolences to his wife who has to carry it only a week into her marriage, and I also wish the best to his co-workers at the Giantbomb and anyone who has had the pleasure of getting to know him; whether it be meeting him face to face or listening to him each week like me.  Thank you Ryan."

If you guys could help me get this approved, I'd be grateful.
http://n4g.com/blogs/details/523332

nicely Said, Sure I will help... 
cheers eh...
[ali

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages