Sony REALLY needs to make an open-world WRPG.

Gimmemorebubblez

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
Sony REALLY needs to make an open-world WRPG. - Monday, July 15, 2013 6:54 AM ( #1 )
It's one of the few genres that Sony hasn't done and is one of the genres that can attract a lot of buyers. Theirs a rumor going around that Guerilla have been working on a medieval RPG since 2010 when they opened a new large development team in down-town Amsterdam. 
TheMART

• Total Posts : 3356
Re:Sony REALLY needs to make an open-world WRPG. - Monday, July 15, 2013 7:14 AM ( #2 )
Maybe you can find one here:

http://www.officialplayst...f-the-next-generation/

I don't think Guerilla is suited for that. All they ever made was Killzone pretty much.

And I gotta say, the Killzones SP's were pretty boring. Now don't get me wrong, there ain't much to a story in a shooter, as its all pew pew pew clear area/room, go to the next... But Killzone 2 got to the point that it was too boring to continue and lets not even talk about KZ3.

I'd say it would be better if Media Molecule would take such a job on them. As they are former Lionhead employees that made Fable for Xbox, and are very creative, what they showed with both LittleBigPlanet and now Tearaway. Even though both platformers, they know how to build worlds, stories in such a way that a player gets sucked in totally.

mic_cala

• Total Posts : 13
Re:Sony REALLY needs to make an open-world WRPG. - Friday, August 09, 2013 3:05 AM ( #3 )
would love to see sony bring back the getaway, wasnt perfect but was still awesome !!
Sheikah

• Total Posts : 817
Re:Sony REALLY needs to make an open-world WRPG. - Friday, August 09, 2013 3:42 AM ( #4 )
Bring a new Kingdoms of Amalur to PS4.. Have drop in/out multiplayer akin to Borderlands.

Add multiplayer modes, set in 3rd person MOBA arenas (3 on 3 would suffice)..

Profit
- "Oh. Hi. So. How are you holding up? BECAUSE I'M A POTATO!"
Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11966
Re:Sony REALLY needs to make an open-world WRPG. - Friday, August 09, 2013 4:48 AM ( #5 )
Gimmemorebubblez

It's one of the few genres that Sony hasn't done and is one of the genres that can attract a lot of buyers. Theirs a rumor going around that Guerilla have been working on a medieval RPG since 2010 when they opened a new large development team in down-town Amsterdam. 

I'd believe that, it's a generic theme so it would fit them like a tee. 
<message edited by Eiffel on Friday, August 09, 2013 4:49 AM>

wishingW3L

• Total Posts : 1091
Re:Sony REALLY needs to make an open-world WRPG. - Friday, August 09, 2013 5:44 AM ( #6 )
during an interview with Gamespot GG mentioned that they been working on a new IP beside Killzone but I really doubt they would make an RPG of any kind. It'll probably be some kind of shooter since that's their expertise. Santa Monica on the other hand, the rumor would be more believable coming from them....

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread