Ps vita slim

The_Knight

• Total Posts : 35
  • Reward points : 0
Ps vita slim - Sunday, July 21, 2013 1:48 PM ( #1 )
Hi guys do you think we'll see a new vita soon? I want to buy one but I don't know if I should wait
Kenshin_BATT0USAI

• Total Posts : 10796
Re:Ps vita slim - Sunday, July 21, 2013 2:22 PM ( #2 )
I never understood this fascination with 'slim' models. Smaller usually doesn't mean better. For the Vita and 3DS, I think their original and standard sizes are perfectly fine.

So new ver.? no. Price drop. Sony probably should if they want to sell more than 5 vitas a week.
Formerly Known as Hellbringer. PSN: KenshinBATT0USAI 3DS: 2895-6892-5663 Steam: Vashlion
The_Knight

Re:Ps vita slim - Sunday, July 21, 2013 3:07 PM ( #3 )
I like the current design but I was wondering because of the improvents they could add like better cameras or an HDMI out
B Man

• Total Posts : 8468
Re:Ps vita slim - Sunday, July 21, 2013 3:38 PM ( #4 )
Vashlion

I never understood this fascination with 'slim' models. Smaller usually doesn't mean better. For the Vita and 3DS, I think their original and standard sizes are perfectly fine.

So new ver.? no. Price drop. Sony probably should if they want to sell more than 5 vitas a week.

The slim models usually have all the previous kinks worked out, as well as the fact they are smaller and cheaper than the original when it first came out.

Blastoise

• Total Posts : 10
Re:Ps vita slim - Sunday, July 21, 2013 4:16 PM ( #5 )
The_Knight

Hi guys do you think we'll see a new vita soon? I want to buy one but I don't know if I should wait

If you're holding off on buying a regular Vita for a slim I imagine you'll be waiting a while...

I really don't think its needed, the vita's a pretty slick device. It's not perfect (Not a fan of the Start and Select placement or the L and R buttons) but it's pretty close
TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4402
Re:Ps vita slim - Sunday, July 21, 2013 4:59 PM ( #6 )
Get one now and get the extended grip. Get the one that makes the shoulder buttons into triggers. It is much more comfortable to hold with it on there.

My PSN ID is: xNocturnus    XBL Tag is: xX Nocturnus Xx
Ducky

• Total Posts : 2345
Re:Ps vita slim - Sunday, July 21, 2013 5:38 PM ( #7 )
There's a slim chance.
TheMART

• Total Posts : 3356
Re:Ps vita slim - Monday, July 22, 2013 3:24 PM ( #8 )
No need for a slimmer model...

Basically because the PSVita is perfect in side, if it would shrink in thickness it wouldn't feel as nice anymore as it does now.

The PSP fat was pretty.... Fat. So the PSP slim was a logical step.

The only thing I see them doing to PSVita, but not or a long time from now, is adding new possibilities to the special port it has on top (now not used at the moment) such as Video out. They might shrink the chips inside for less use of energy and update the OLED screen in the future. Not in 1 year from now, maybe 2.

The_Knight

Re:Ps vita slim - Monday, July 22, 2013 3:41 PM ( #9 )
Thats all I want from the vita a better screen and a video out but if I have to wait 2 years I'll rather buy it now
TheMART

Re:Ps vita slim - Monday, July 22, 2013 4:03 PM ( #10 )
The_Knight

Thats all I want from the vita a better screen and a video out but if I have to wait 2 years I'll rather buy it now

The special port is on every PSVita already, Sony just hasn't confirmed what it does, or what use it'll have in the future. I bet though it can do video out too after a firmware update.

The screen is already pretty good. The OLED screen beats any other handhelds screen out there. The only thing is that in bright sunlight its hard to see. Then again, most screens are.

You would want to wait for an official pricedrop in EU/USA though, Japan had it earlier this year when Soul Sacrifice released there. Sony commented on an EU/USA pricedrop that it'll only happen when it is logical with regional specific stuff. IMO they mean when region specific/content can go along with a pricedrop. And that could very well be with a shooter for USA (aka Killzone Mercenary in September) and Media Molecules platformer for Europe with Tearaway in October. In USA you gotta wait till Black Friday for sure. Last year they had a PSVIta white Assassins Creed bundle with 8GB memorystick and 3 months PS+ subscription for 179 USD, crazy deal that was.

After an official pricedrop I can see a really special Black Friday deal coming up for sure

LornHg

• Total Posts : 39
Re:Ps vita slim - Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:41 AM ( #11 )
Ducky

There's a slim chance.

Excellent : P
thinking

• Total Posts : 374
Re:Ps vita slim - Wednesday, July 24, 2013 11:58 AM ( #12 )
I own a vita and here are the things I want improved/added. -Better touch screen tech, currently it feels a bit sluggish sometimes. -I demand HDMI video out -I need the speakers replaced to where they aren't blocked by my thumbs -After playing an extensive number of vita games, I can safely say that it wouldn't be a bad idea to remove the back touch pad to reduce costs as it doesn't add much to gaming. -The cameras need to be top of the line, don't cheapen out on them again. -Try to make the face buttons a bit larger, triangle, square, cross and circle, specially select and start, these are way too small. At the very least make the touch sensitive like the back and menu buttons on Android phones. That's all I can think of for the moment

Tewi-Inaba

• Total Posts : 2216
Re:Ps vita slim - Wednesday, July 24, 2013 1:24 PM ( #13 )
thinking

I own a vita and here are the things I want improved/added. -Better touch screen tech, currently it feels a bit sluggish sometimes. -I demand HDMI video out -I need the speakers replaced to where they aren't blocked by my thumbs -After playing an extensive number of vita games, I can safely say that it wouldn't be a bad idea to remove the back touch pad to reduce costs as it doesn't add much to gaming. -The cameras need to be top of the line, don't cheapen out on them again. -Try to make the face buttons a bit larger, triangle, square, cross and circle, specially select and start, these are way too small. At the very least make the touch sensitive like the back and menu buttons on Android phones. That's all I can think of for the moment

Isn't the backtouch literally Terraways whole gameplay mechanic?
terraway looks like a pretty good game, why are you afraid of change

Friend Code:1650-0941-8045
thinking

• Total Posts : 374
Re:Ps vita slim - Wednesday, July 24, 2013 2:00 PM ( #14 )
If I were afraid I wouldn't have bought into the Vita in the first place and I would have kept gaming on my 3DS.

TheMART

Re:Ps vita slim - Monday, July 29, 2013 2:12 PM ( #15 )
Tewi-Inaba

thinking

Isn't the backtouch literally Terraways whole gameplay mechanic?
terraway looks like a pretty good game, why are you afraid of change

No, it is not Tearaways whole gameplay mechanic. Tearaway uses all of the PSVitas input. Backtouch, fronttouch, buttons, sticks, even the mic (blowing into it makes wind in the game) and the camera.

Thin is partly right, backtouch isn't used a lot and when used it isn't gamechanging for the moment. But Tearaway will change that. I hope they'll start to use backtouch as an option for browsing/OS swipe too, instead of just front touch/buttons, because it makes sense to not put the fingers on what you want to read on websites etc! So removing it, nope, that would be dumb.

It just needs the games/software to be useful that is all. Video out... Isn't a biggie. I had video out on my PSP. Hardly used it. It is a handheld for a reason. I got my consoles and soonish PS4 to play big screen. It fits the resolution of those consoles. The cheap/low resolution cams I can agree on. All parts of PSVIta are top quality, the low res cams are like over a decade ago's cams resolution.

What I would change is the thumb sticks, not sure how and what, but to make them slightly more having grip. To finish this off, a scan from the latest GamesTM with two of the latest upcoming PSVita big games: Killzone Mercenary and Tearaway itself. Killzone coming in September, Tearaway November! Will get Tearaway day 1 and probably almost together with PS4... Best 450 Euro spend in one month in like ever!!!

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread