N4G'S Verdict on Snowden

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 35 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
ichimaru

• Total Posts : 2572
  • Reward points : 0
N4G'S Verdict on Snowden - Thursday, July 25, 2013 8:39 PM ( #1 )
For the ill informed, Snowden is a former worker for the American Intelligence-Security Agency the NSA. He,before quitting, leaked a daunting amount of information that, in short, provides that the Agency has the capacity to tap any phone, social network  ect to gather highly private information on Americans as well as foreigners without the aid of legal warrant through services such as Verizon and many others. He also insist that the Agency has been doing so for a while.  He is held up in Russia atm. The US seeks to charge him with treason (punishable by death correct?) as he currently seeks asylum from any willing nation.

US says he endangered all americans with the leak as now our enemies can use such info.

What the League of gamers think?
<message edited by ichimaru on Thursday, July 25, 2013 8:40 PM>
  O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?- Jeremiah 4:14 False tears bring pai
Starbucks_Fan

• Total Posts : 86
Re:N4G'S Verdict on Snowden - Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:10 PM ( #2 )
I say the U.S. should leave him alone imo

*grabs popcorn*
Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11786
Re:N4G'S Verdict on Snowden - Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:13 PM ( #3 )
Honestly his leak was something most Americans were already aware of, every government spies on it's citizens. Paranoia and a stupid public is the security any country needs to remain in power and not fall into obscurity of history at the hands of a civilian willful revolution.  

B Man

• Total Posts : 8468
Re:N4G'S Verdict on Snowden - Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:31 PM ( #4 )
100% guarantee this gets made into a movie. 
cgoodno

• Total Posts : 3393
Re:N4G'S Verdict on Snowden - Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:46 PM ( #5 )
B Man
100% guarantee this gets made into a movie. 

thorstein

• Total Posts : 418
Re:N4G'S Verdict on Snowden - Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:57 PM ( #6 )
  I think he is a hero and more "American" than the mainstream media can possibly understand. Our media has become a joke.
Shawn-

• Total Posts : 74
Re:N4G'S Verdict on Snowden - Thursday, July 25, 2013 10:01 PM ( #7 )
Everytime I hear someone call Snowden a traitor.  I think of this dark knight quote for some reason. "Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero...

The guy gave up a $200,000 year salary, his fiance, and his freedoms to educate the masses on this invasion of privacy and what does he get in return? 

Edit- I find it hilarious that when you go on the internet there is a sense that a majority of people's opinions is that he is not a traitor but Networks like FoxNews plaster him as a traitor. 

<message edited by Shawn- on Thursday, July 25, 2013 10:08 PM>

MidnytRain

• Total Posts : 3406
Re:N4G'S Verdict on Snowden - Thursday, July 25, 2013 10:18 PM ( #8 )
Shawn-

Everytime I hear someone call Snowden a traitor.  I think of this dark knight quote for some reason. "Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero...

The guy gave up a $200,000 year salary, his fiance, and his freedoms to educate the masses on this invasion of privacy and what does he get in return? 

Edit- I find it hilarious that when you go on the internet there is a sense that a majority of people's opinions is that he is not a traitor but Networks like FoxNews plaster him as a traitor. 

That's a really cool way of thinking about it. At the same time (genuine question), why should I care about government surveillance? What am I doing that makes me more interesting than 300 million other Americans?
Shawn-

Re:N4G'S Verdict on Snowden - Thursday, July 25, 2013 10:18 PM ( #9 )
Eiffel

Honestly his leak was something most Americans were already aware of, every government spies on it's citizens. Paranoia and a stupid public is the security any country needs to remain in power and not fall into obscurity of history at the hands of a civilian willful revolution.  

Well, I wouldn't consider every civilian that doesn't agree with your lesser of two evil logic, naive. Not every  protest  should be seen as an act of treason or trying to overthrow you government. History has proven a lot of reform and change does occur. 

timmyp53

• Total Posts : 2712
Re:N4G'S Verdict on Snowden - Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:39 PM ( #10 )
Don't care.
Kenshin_BATT0USAI

• Total Posts : 10793
Re:N4G'S Verdict on Snowden - Friday, July 26, 2013 12:23 AM ( #11 )
I'm not American, but I've kept up to date with what he did and such. Fact of the matter is, the American government isn't denying it and they are hunting him like a dog, and countries are split on whether to help him or not. Some countries are falling into the same **** they always do(looking at you France and your obsession with being the world's bitch). 
In addition, I honestly can't stand the United States politics any more. They keep trying to pass regulations that involve more than the U.S. citizens. I understand some laws pertaining to the Internet, but most of them are utter bull****. 

All and all, he shouldn't be treated the way he does; especially given the worldwide backlash. Glad some governments WANT to help him and openly have denounced the U.S.. Hopefully, one day, he gets what he deserves; the ability to go home without persecution. Because without a doubt, he did the right thing. 

@Effiel

I guess you think the American Revolution was pointless and stupid too right? You must be sick to your stomach knowing that countries came together to oppose Nazi Germany too.
<message edited by Vashlion on Friday, July 26, 2013 12:25 AM>
Formerly Known as Hellbringer. PSN: KenshinBATT0USAI 3DS: 2895-6892-5663 Steam: Vashlion
Ducky

• Total Posts : 2339
Re:N4G'S Verdict on Snowden - Friday, July 26, 2013 12:45 AM ( #12 )
I think it is all a ploy by Valve and this is actually just marketing for Half Life 3.

I mean, he basically looks like Freeman, and the NSA are pretty much the Overwatch.
It's no coincidence that this happens right after the next-gen is announced. 

AuToFiRE

• Total Posts : 11527
Re:N4G'S Verdict on Snowden - Friday, July 26, 2013 1:19 AM ( #13 )
timmyp53

Don't care.

Then you are an idiot. 

Let me iterate. It may seem like "Oh well I have nothing to hide, why should I care?" Well this is the exact idiocy that will get you thrown in jail. Why? Think of it like this. The government sets up a nation-wide surveillance to monitor its citizens, eventually, another president decides to start arresting people who don't agree with his radical views. Well, since you "didn't care" about the NSA spying, you have already mentioned how you dont like the president, you disagree with his ideas and whatnot. Well guess what? a few days later, your door is being busted down, you are arrested on terrorism charges, thrown in Guantanamo without trial (which someone can grab the link for me to prove this is already happening) where you rot for the rest of your foresaken life.

Welcome to the beginning of Nazi Germany

Sounds farfethced? Its not, Look at the GOP and their war on the uterus. If a presidential candidate can be that radicalized and still get nearly half of the populations vote.. You are royally ****ed simply because you dont care.
<message edited by AuToFiRE on Friday, July 26, 2013 1:24 AM>

RSI: AuTo   
Feel free to add me, just let me know you are from N4G
@cl1983 No.
UnagiMaster

• Total Posts : 1495
Re:N4G'S Verdict on Snowden - Friday, July 26, 2013 1:26 AM ( #14 )
Doesn't make a diffirence to me. I follow the laws, if "Nazi Germany" is coming back, so be it. Not much we can do in all honesty. 

"Reset the clock"

AuToFiRE

Re:N4G'S Verdict on Snowden - Friday, July 26, 2013 1:29 AM ( #15 )
UnagiMaster

Doesn't make a diffirence to me. I follow the laws, if "Nazi Germany" is coming back, so be it. Not much we can do in all honesty. 

"Reset the clock"

And you live in the US. Who has told you that nothing can be done? Things can be done, you and your country are so ****ing fat and lazy, as long as they can get their mcdonalds in their electric scooter they dont care if their own house is taken away. Stop using the general populations logic and use your own. Things can be changed, but only if you try, like Snowden.
<message edited by AuToFiRE on Friday, July 26, 2013 1:30 AM>

@cl1983 No.
UnagiMaster

• Total Posts : 1495
Re:N4G'S Verdict on Snowden - Friday, July 26, 2013 1:53 AM ( #16 )
AuToFiRE

UnagiMaster

"Reset the clock"

And you live in the US. Who has told you that nothing can be done? Things can be done, you and your country are so ****ing fat and lazy, as long as they can get their mcdonalds in their electric scooter they dont care if their own house is taken away. Stop using the general populations logic and use your own. Things can be changed, but only if you try, like Snowden.

I believe things can be changed.

But I'm realistic and unless the government goes batsh*t the majority of the US populous is not going to take up arms. I'm content, i don't see the HUGE deal. I mean go ahead and release all the information you want, he knew the risks and i applaud him, but little to nothing will change.

Fight for what you believe in, but don't expect change.

AuToFiRE

Re:N4G'S Verdict on Snowden - Friday, July 26, 2013 2:02 AM ( #17 )
UnagiMaster

AuToFiRE

UnagiMaster

"Reset the clock"

I believe things can be changed.

But I'm realistic and unless the government goes batsh*t the majority of the US populous is not going to take up arms. I'm content, i don't see the HUGE deal. I mean go ahead and release all the information you want, he knew the risks and i applaud him, but little to nothing will change.

Fight for what you believe in, but don't expect change.

The problem is, the government is bat**** nuts, we just dont see it because it always has been for us, a person who has never been out of the city will never know of the great forests beyond so to say. We are being brainwashed into thinking its not out of control, that its not corrupt and looking to kill us all. 

@cl1983 No.
-MD-

• Total Posts : 8195
Re:N4G'S Verdict on Snowden - Friday, July 26, 2013 2:26 AM ( #18 )
Someone else besides me should do something about whatever situation this is concerning.

Yeah.
ichimaru

• Total Posts : 2572
Re:N4G'S Verdict on Snowden - Friday, July 26, 2013 6:02 AM ( #19 )

http://rt.com/usa/snowden...e-sanction-graham-598/

http://www.reuters.com/ar...-idUSBRE96O18220130725

I'll update the OP  as well, but it seems some 

members of the Senate want to sanction ANY nation willingly aiding Snowden's  escape.    
Political racketeering much.

<message edited by ichimaru on Friday, July 26, 2013 6:04 AM>
  O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?- Jeremiah 4:14 False tears bring pai
Shawn-

Re:N4G'S Verdict on Snowden - Friday, July 26, 2013 6:39 AM ( #20 )
AuToFiRE

UnagiMaster

"Reset the clock"

Wow. What a way to generalize every american while using general population logic, hypocritically. Not everyone holds this view. Also Canada is not that far off. Pretty sure 2013 statistics for canada's obesity is at an all time high with 1/4 being obese.

Anyways my feeling on this that they should develop a way to filter this. For example their database should not gather data on someone unless they meet certain criteria EX- they use the word bomb in a certain context or phrase that is unusual. This may not catch everything but if terrorist are using codes, I doubt we have amazing code breaking software that can sift through tons of data. I understand we live in a dangerous world so things like this are an inevitability but it's not worth the infringement. 

<message edited by Shawn- on Friday, July 26, 2013 6:44 AM>

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 35 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread