Ps vita remote play question?

kparks

• Total Posts : 69
  • Reward points : 0
Ps vita remote play question? - Monday, August 12, 2013 2:44 AM ( #1 )
So ive been wonder how exactly this thing works? So if i have my ps4 or what ever paired to my vita do i have to use the same network to connect or for example can i be chilling at McDonald's get my vita out get on there wifi and start playing killzone or something because im thinking as long as i have a decent speed wifi i should be able to play my games anywhere is this correct can soneone please explain how this works thanks alot 
Strive for perfection... Only to realize that it cant be achieved!
LtSkittles

• Total Posts : 3076
Re:Ps vita remote play question? - Monday, August 12, 2013 2:46 AM ( #2 )
kparks

So ive been wonder how exactly this thing works? So if i have my ps4 or what ever paired to my vita do i have to use the same network to connect or for example can i be chilling at McDonald's get my vita out get on there wifi and start playing killzone or something because im thinking as long as i have a decent speed wifi i should be able to play my games anywhere is this correct can soneone please explain how this works thanks alot 

No, you do not need to have them on the same network, they need to be paired like you said. The first time you set up remote play assuming it works likes like the PS3's version. You open remote play on both the Vita, and the PS4, and it just needs the name of the PS4.
kparks

Re:Ps vita remote play question? - Monday, August 12, 2013 2:56 AM ( #3 )
So anywhere i have decent wifi i can play my ps4 games? I would think this would pick up vita sales quite a bit a 50$ price cut wouldnt hurt either. 
TheMART

• Total Posts : 3356
Re:Ps vita remote play question? - Monday, August 12, 2013 3:00 AM ( #4 )
What Skittles just said.  With PS3 the remote play was an afterthought, the PSVita was build with PS4 in mind. One can see it already by the special video/scaling chip that scales the PS4/full HD to a PSVita native resolution, without a hit on the PS4's hardware CPU/GPU.

On PS3 it can be harder to find out how it works, although I gotta say with Superfrog HD it works really flawlessly and easy to use. LBP2 was a bit harder.

PS4 will just be the handshake for both and go, anywhere you are. Think I even read that the PS4 to PSV stream is handled by the fast Gaikai network too. And yes, anywhere you have WiFi. Heck it will even work when you tether 3G/4G over your phone to the PSV wifi as long as its a good connection/fast enough. Check that you got a lot/unlimited data before you do so though...

The PS4 should have the disc in the slot though you want to play, or maybe Sony has a full installation mode for the BluRays this time so it is not needed. That is a wait and see, they might announce at Gamescom more about this!
<message edited by TheMART on Monday, August 12, 2013 3:02 AM>

LtSkittles

Re:Ps vita remote play question? - Monday, August 12, 2013 3:09 AM ( #5 )
kparks

So anywhere i have decent wifi i can play my ps4 games? I would think this would pick up vita sales quite a bit a 50$ price cut wouldnt hurt either. 

Yes, you are streaming the content via wifi, to the Vita, and from the console.
kparks

Re:Ps vita remote play question? - Monday, August 12, 2013 3:15 AM ( #6 )
Ok thanks alot guys..  Ill be buying one right after my ps4 arrives then i cant wait! 
LtSkittles

Re:Ps vita remote play question? - Monday, August 12, 2013 3:18 AM ( #7 )
kparks

Ok thanks alot guys..  Ill be buying one right after my ps4 arrives then i cant wait! 

Anytime, if you have anymore questions about the PS4 or the Vita feel free to ask.
fifacoinsonline

• Total Posts : 4
Re:Ps vita remote play question? - Friday, August 16, 2013 4:47 AM ( #8 )
FIFA 14 & PES 2014 release on the same day September 28, but I prefer FIFA 14.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread