inFamous for PS Vita Teased Again!

GdaTyler

• Total Posts : 30
  • Reward points : 0
inFamous for PS Vita Teased Again! - Saturday, August 17, 2013 6:58 PM ( #1 )
UPDATE:

http://www.dualshockers.c...alshock-4-and-ps-vita/

Listen to the interview when he slips something about Vita. Poor guy he could get fired lol. This is getting me excited. I hope something is going to happen

Since I couldn't post it anywhere else I will post it here. I want to hear your thoughts on the matter.

At E3 2013, among the 85 games Jack Tretton said were to be released for Vita by the end of the year, an inFamous title might be one of them. In this video you can see an array of Vita titles floating across the screen, and at the 0:33 and 1:12 mark, the inFamous logo is seen on the corner and is very easy to miss.  

<message edited by GdaTyler on Thursday, August 29, 2013 10:42 AM>
LtSkittles

• Total Posts : 3068
Re:inFamous for PS Vita Teased - Saturday, August 17, 2013 7:04 PM ( #2 )
Pretty sure they were just talking about the infamous franchise, but wouldn't count it out. Also, it's been two months since E3, and they haven't said anything about it so...
TheMART

• Total Posts : 3356
Re:inFamous for PS Vita Teased - Saturday, August 17, 2013 7:44 PM ( #3 )
Then again, GAMEScom is around the corner and I'm expecting a lot of new announcements on both PS4 and PSVita for games, as E3 this year was clearly focused on just a couple of things that made Sony win this E3 with PS4: price, indies and no DRM. They didn't even really try on the gamespart, IMO to save all that for a 1-2 punch at Gamescom. If they do it right, Microsoft gets kicked while it is even down and out.

inFamous on PSVita... It is possible, but I'd assume they'd first get the IP's out that have the larger audience out there. Especially those that have region specific interest.

For Europe that would be a Gran Turismo, one of the biggest selling Playstation franchises. For USA not sure, but a God of War is another franchise that did well on the PSP.

wishingW3L

• Total Posts : 1091
Re:inFamous for PS Vita Teased - Saturday, August 17, 2013 8:16 PM ( #4 )
I think Sony should stop wasting resources on making gimped console games on a handheld, especially when they give their IPs to 3rd rate developers. I think they should focus more on making new and colorful IPs for the Vita similar to Crash Bandicoot or Jak & Daxter because handheld fans seem to like those games the most. Even a Pokemon-like rip-off like Monster Rancher would be great.

Trying to give that console experience on a handheld it's meaningless because the Vita is not that powerful. I think the only good thing Sony has done for the Vita was getting the indies on board but too bad MS has Minecraft locked down.
TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4400
Re:inFamous for PS Vita Teased - Saturday, August 17, 2013 8:24 PM ( #5 )
Hopefully. I'd buy it. I love the inFamous series.

I need to get back into Infamous 2.

My PSN ID is: xNocturnus    XBL Tag is: xX Nocturnus Xx
TheMART

Re:inFamous for PS Vita Teased - Saturday, August 17, 2013 8:30 PM ( #6 )
wishingW3L

I think Sony should stop wasting resources on making gimped console games on a handheld, especially when they give their IPs to 3rd rate developers. I think they should focus more on making new and colorful IPs for the Vita similar to Crash Bandicoot or Jak & Daxter because handheld fans seem to like those games the most. Even a Pokemon-like rip-off like Monster Rancher would be great.

Trying to give that console experience on a handheld it's meaningless because the Vita is not that powerful. I think the only good thing Sony has done for the Vita was getting the indies on board but too bad MS has Minecraft locked down.

PSVita is not that powerful? Say that again with the Killzone 3 engine ported to it...

God of War had a console experience on the PSP. To me, the portable way of feeling you got a PS3 in the hands is working pretty well. More so than a weak piece of hardware like Nintendo always puts out there...

Peter_Bloober

• Total Posts : 3
Re:inFamous for PS Vita Teased - Sunday, August 18, 2013 7:20 PM ( #7 )
  Vita will pack a punch, one of the games which will be available to play will be one of our (Bloober Team) productions. Returning to topic at hand. Infamous for PS VITA? Would pay to play it :D Is it possible? Let's wait and see and in the meantime play other titles.
Bladesfist

• Total Posts : 758
Re:inFamous for PS Vita Teased - Monday, August 19, 2013 8:19 AM ( #8 )
TheMART

wishingW3L

PSVita is not that powerful? Say that again with the Killzone 3 engine ported to it...

God of War had a console experience on the PSP. To me, the portable way of feeling you got a PS3 in the hands is working pretty well. More so than a weak piece of hardware like Nintendo always puts out there...

But they are both weak pieces of hardware, Sony fanboys fighting over scraps I see.

-MD-

• Total Posts : 8195
Re:inFamous for PS Vita Teased - Monday, August 19, 2013 6:01 PM ( #9 )
TheNocturnus

I need to get back into Infamous 2.

Do yourself a favor and just replay the first one.
GdaTyler

Re:inFamous for PS Vita Teased - Monday, August 19, 2013 6:21 PM ( #10 )
Bladesfist

But they are both weak pieces of hardware, Sony fanboys fighting over scraps I see. 

And do you own either?
<message edited by GdaTyler on Monday, August 19, 2013 6:29 PM>
Bladesfist

Re:inFamous for PS Vita Teased - Tuesday, August 20, 2013 1:13 AM ( #11 )
GdaTyler

Bladesfist

And do you own either?

Yes I own a Vita, I am just not delusional enough to believe it is powerful hardware.
TheMART

Re:inFamous for PS Vita Teased - Tuesday, August 20, 2013 2:05 AM ( #12 )
Bladesfist

GdaTyler

Bladesfist

And do you own either?

Yes I own a Vita, I am just not delusional enough to believe it is powerful hardware.

I've seen you saying this in another thread and I got a couple of things to say about it:

1) For a handheld console, it is powerful hardware
2) Compared to a PS3, sure it has a quad core CPU and that isn't a Cell
3) When KZ3 engine can be ported to PSVita, the thing is pretty powerful I say, certainly when one looks at the footage of Killzone Mercenary (beta for PS+ users USA out today BTW, EU tomorrow)
4) When one compares the raw output of both 3DS and PSVita, there is a large difference in what both can do. I don't get why people do agree on the PS4 being stronger on the GPU by a lot compared to Xbone, while both compared to high end PC's ofcourse are weaker, but when it is said about the handheld it is suddenly all not ok.

So yeah. That.

Bladesfist

Re:inFamous for PS Vita Teased - Tuesday, August 20, 2013 2:20 AM ( #13 )
TheMART

Bladesfist

GdaTyler

Bladesfist

And do you own either?

I've seen you saying this in another thread and I got a couple of things to say about it:

3) When KZ3 engine can be ported to PSVita, the thing is pretty powerful I say, certainly when one looks at the footage of Killzone Mercenary (beta for PS+ users USA out today BTW, EU tomorrow)
4) When one compares the raw output of both 3DS and PSVita, there is a large difference in what both can do. I don't get why people do agree on the PS4 being stronger on the GPU by a lot compared to Xbone, while both compared to high end PC's ofcourse are weaker, but when it is said about the handheld it is suddenly all not ok.

So yeah. That.

1) Yer sure. For a handheld it is not. Many phones are more powerful.
2)Ok
3)An engine being multiplatform does not make that platform powerful. With Unity I can deploy my games on many different platforms but it does not guarantee they will run, I will have to optimize like they have done in KZ M. Low player count and tiny maps with blocky models. I can't wait to play it though.
4) Still comparing them to other handhelds and you are fighting over scraps again.
GdaTyler

Re:inFamous for PS Vita Teased - Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:42 AM ( #14 )
Bladesfist

TheMART

Bladesfist

GdaTyler

Bladesfist

And do you own either?

So yeah. That.

2)Ok
3)An engine being multiplatform does not make that platform powerful. With Unity I can deploy my games on many different platforms but it does not guarantee they will run, I will have to optimize like they have done in KZ M. Low player count and tiny maps with blocky models. I can't wait to play it though.
4) Still comparing them to other handhelds and you are fighting over scraps again.

LOL, people just find the need to spew their negative comments....
Bladesfist

Re:inFamous for PS Vita Teased - Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:02 AM ( #15 )
GdaTyler

LOL, people just find the need to spew their negative comments....

I am guessing you are quoting me because I said something negative about Sony and not him as he said something negative about Nintendo? Either way it is still true. 

TheMART

Re:inFamous for PS Vita Teased - Thursday, August 22, 2013 11:23 AM ( #16 )
Bladesfist

TheMART

Bladesfist

GdaTyler

Bladesfist

And do you own either?

So yeah. That.

2)Ok

1) for a handheld gaming device it is. A smartphone is a tablet with calling capabilities. It has no buttons, no buttons no game. Most smartphones/tablets are still on dual or quad core. The combination of CPU, GPU, ram makes up to be perfect mostly for different stuff than just gaming. One thing is important, 3DS has weak ass hardware compared to its direct competitor PSVita

2) Good

3) Little difference. Unity engine was build to be multiplatform. KZ3 engine was made for PS3. It is pretty impressive that it runs on a handheld. Certainly when I look at the KZM beta which is on my PSVita right now. It might be 4x4 now, when online code gets optimized it might be 8x8 in KZM2. Current beta doesn't give me the impression its the max the PSVita can do. And as we all know, later in a lifecycle hardware gets pushed more.

4) Comparing a dedicated handheld device with buttons and great gaming experiences to smartphones aka tiny tablets with no buttons and mostly crappy gaming experiences then is the way to go I guess. But but my smartphone has teh octacores and 2GB of rams!

Bladesfist

Re:inFamous for PS Vita Teased - Saturday, August 24, 2013 1:39 AM ( #17 )
TheMART

1) for a handheld gaming device it is. A smartphone is a tablet with calling capabilities. It has no buttons, no buttons no game. Most smartphones/tablets are still on dual or quad core. The combination of CPU, GPU, ram makes up to be perfect mostly for different stuff than just gaming. One thing is important, 3DS has weak ass hardware compared to its direct competitor PSVita

2) Good

3) Little difference. Unity engine was build to be multiplatform. KZ3 engine was made for PS3. It is pretty impressive that it runs on a handheld. Certainly when I look at the KZM beta which is on my PSVita right now. It might be 4x4 now, when online code gets optimized it might be 8x8 in KZM2. Current beta doesn't give me the impression its the max the PSVita can do. And as we all know, later in a lifecycle hardware gets pushed more.

4) Comparing a dedicated handheld device with buttons and great gaming experiences to smartphones aka tiny tablets with no buttons and mostly crappy gaming experiences then is the way to go I guess. But but my smartphone has teh octacores and 2GB of rams!

1) I was talking about power not control options, of which the phone / tablet probably supports more.

3) I still don't get why you think this is impressive. I suspect it is a lack of understanding of these things.

4) Comparing two handheld gaming devices is only wrong to you as you don't want to admit that it is not as powerful as you believe.

TheMART

Re:inFamous for PS Vita Teased - Sunday, August 25, 2013 10:35 AM ( #18 )
Bladesfist

TheMART

2) Good

1) I was talking about power not control options, of which the phone / tablet probably supports more.

3) I still don't get why you think this is impressive. I suspect it is a lack of understanding of these things.

4) Comparing two handheld gaming devices is only wrong to you as you don't want to admit that it is not as powerful as you believe.

1) and as just stated, the power of most smartphones/tablets sold is based on mostly dual core and quad core CPU's even these days, almost 2 years after the release of the quad core PSVita. Even if we don't get into the buttons or otherwise. Hell, even the 8 core Samsung S4 is mostly downtuned to a quad core in many parts of the world. So you're telling me hardware evolves over the years? I am truly shocked now you mention this. In the total field of portable systems, PSVita remains powerful, either way you twist it. In the real area of competition of handheld gamedevices, it beats the weak ass 3DS by a large, very large margin.

3) Go play Killzone Mercenary some more, maybe you'll get it one day.

4) Read 1 over and over again

But hey, if you want a really powerful 'portable' gaming device, why don't you just go walk around with your gaming laptop everywhere eh...

Bladesfist

Re:inFamous for PS Vita Teased - Sunday, August 25, 2013 11:04 AM ( #19 )
TheMART

Bladesfist

TheMART

2) Good

1) and as just stated, the power of most smartphones/tablets sold is based on mostly dual core and quad core CPU's even these days, almost 2 years after the release of the quad core PSVita. Even if we don't get into the buttons or otherwise. Hell, even the 8 core Samsung S4 is mostly downtuned to a quad core in many parts of the world. So you're telling me hardware evolves over the years? I am truly shocked now you mention this. In the total field of portable systems, PSVita remains powerful, either way you twist it. In the real area of competition of handheld gamedevices, it beats the weak ass 3DS by a large, very large margin.

3) Go play Killzone Mercenary some more, maybe you'll get it one day.

4) Read 1 over and over again

But hey, if you want a really powerful 'portable' gaming device, why don't you just go walk around with your gaming laptop everywhere eh...

1) Smartphones are much more powerful and most new phones don't render at a tiny resolution like the Vita. With phones being able to achieve 1080p, I would not compare the vita with smartphones. It might be more appropriate to compare the consoles with smartphones and tablets.

3) Ok, what am I looking for exactly? The only thing I found technically impressive was that it had AA something that most titles do not on consoles.

4) No.

GdaTyler

Infamous Vita Teased Again - Thursday, August 29, 2013 9:27 AM ( #20 )
http://www.dualshockers.c...alshock-4-and-ps-vita/

Listen to the interview when he slips something about Vita. Poor guy he could get fired lol. This is getting me excited. I hope something is going to happen

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread