[UPDATED]PlayStation Vita hits about 6 million worldwide

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 46 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
GdaTyler

• Total Posts : 30
  • Reward points : 0
[UPDATED]PlayStation Vita hits about 6 million worldwide - Monday, August 26, 2013 7:54 AM ( #1 )
Hopefully the new price cut turns things around. This is an estimate though. 

UPDATE:
Japan: 1.9 million 
Europe: 1.9 million
North America: 1.6 million
Rest of World: about 0.6 million

Meh, I am hoping for this handheld to succeed. That price cut better get millions to buy who were on the edge wanting the price to drop a bit. 

Up 0.1 million from past week. :(  

I want to see 7 million by end of year.

<message edited by GdaTyler on Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:33 PM>
TheMART

• Total Posts : 3356
Re:PlayStation Vita hits 5.6 million worldwide - Monday, August 26, 2013 8:33 AM ( #2 )
Numbers are going to ramp up with the recent price drop for sure, we've seen the same in Japan when they dropped the price around the time new games were launched there (like Soul Sacrifice, God Eater 2, Phantasy Star Online 2 and Toukiden), just a few days till Killzone Mercenary releases and Tearaway is shortly after will do the same for EU/USA aka the West.

They're pushing out deals overhere now as this one: PSVita + 8GB memcard + Killzone Mercenary for 199 Euro. Great competition for the 3DSXL at that same price.

Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11966
Re:PlayStation Vita hits 5.6 million worldwide - Monday, August 26, 2013 8:41 AM ( #3 )
Vita got no games. 

LtSkittles

• Total Posts : 3113
Re:PlayStation Vita hits 5.6 million worldwide - Monday, August 26, 2013 8:54 AM ( #4 )
Eiffel

Vita got no games. 

Keep the trolling out of the forums.
Eiffel

Re:PlayStation Vita hits 5.6 million worldwide - Monday, August 26, 2013 8:59 AM ( #5 )
LtSkittles

Eiffel

Vita got no games. 

So that means I can troll on the main page? 

LtSkittles

• Total Posts : 3113
Re:PlayStation Vita hits 5.6 million worldwide - Monday, August 26, 2013 9:03 AM ( #6 )
Eiffel

LtSkittles

Eiffel

Vita got no games. 

No, and don't go actively trolling on the front page. 
Eiffel

Re:PlayStation Vita hits 5.6 million worldwide - Monday, August 26, 2013 9:16 AM ( #7 )
LtSkittles

Eiffel

LtSkittles

Eiffel

Vita got no games. 

Well have the foresight to be specific man, getting my hopes up by playing this back and forth to ruin a thread farther. 

DragonPs4

• Total Posts : 530
Re:PlayStation Vita hits 5.6 million worldwide - Monday, August 26, 2013 11:23 AM ( #8 )
Still not interested in the Vita, also don't care about the Wiiu experience on PS4.  FFX on Vita could possibly sale me the system until then I am happy playing on my Smart Phone. 
TheMART

Re:PlayStation Vita hits 5.6 million worldwide - Monday, August 26, 2013 11:35 AM ( #9 )
No buttons, no game. And those claiming that PSVita got no games simply are no gamers. Or just bad trolls, but well.

These deals are just great, game is 40 to 50 Euro, memcard is 25 Euro, so the PSVita itself costs around 125 to 135. 

DragonPs4

Re:PlayStation Vita hits 5.6 million worldwide - Monday, August 26, 2013 11:43 AM ( #10 )
Mart you find really good deals, I actually think Vita has some great games I just don't really like the handheld experience. It probably came across that I am a Smart Phone gamer which is not the case Ill play cheap games at times just in general I am a TV/Monitor gamer. 

Why should I buy Killzone Vita when PS4 is going to have a Killzone game, both games have close release dates? 
ZoyosJD

• Total Posts : 457
Re:PlayStation Vita hits 5.6 million worldwide - Monday, August 26, 2013 12:26 PM ( #11 )
meh...last black friday I saw them with AC liberations, psasbr, 3 months ps+ for $180. There will be a lot better deals.
TheMART

Re:PlayStation Vita hits 5.6 million worldwide - Monday, August 26, 2013 12:37 PM ( #12 )
DragonPs4

Mart you find really good deals, I actually think Vita has some great games I just don't really like the handheld experience. It probably came across that I am a Smart Phone gamer which is not the case Ill play cheap games at times just in general I am a TV/Monitor gamer. 

Why should I buy Killzone Vita when PS4 is going to have a Killzone game, both games have close release dates? 

Well dude, I can name a 1000 reasons why one should own a PSVita, but lets go into this just one specific thing about the Killzone games and close in release.

First: I see people buy many, many shooters at the same time. COD, BF4, Killzone, you name 'em. Basically they buy the same anyways, its pew pew pew, and a story... Hardly there, but thats how I see it. What I don't get is why people buy into a yearly update on COD over and over again and just get some new thing added like a dog with an in ear speaker...

Only thing I can say about Killzone Mercenary is that it is feels more like Killzone 2 (the best of the 3 IMO) playing the beta. It is just fun to be able to play that game even when you're somewhere else aka not at home. It is a different storyline than Killzone Shadowfall too. It is months apart, KZM is next week or something, KZSF is the end of November. Why I am buying KZM is that the game feels good, visuals are really great, I use PSN on the go/multiplayer through 3G tethering on my smartphone or 3G MiFi and this shooter multiplayer is very addictive and fun. And maybe when I had my Killzone fix with this, I might even hold off buying Killzone SF till it drops in price to 20 or 30 bucks, who knows.

But hey, if you'd chose to play one Killzone, sure. Then just get another bundle out there for a PSVita, I saw one lately for USA with one year of PS+, Unit 13 and a memcard for 199 too. Just saying, that value in the bundle is very good. Even if one uses it to play KZ Shadow Fall through remote play on the toilet it is ;-)

No one can make the decision if something is worth it, but you. But for these prices, I can't understand why anyone that loves games and certainly if they love the Playstation platform (and owns a PS3 now, and will buy a PS4 soon too) to miss out on that missing mobile link and the free PSVita games on PS+. I really don't. Unless one truly hates handhelds for whatever reason smaller screen or not as comfortable as a normal controller. That last thing they made something for btw, this Nyko grip holder even incorporates an extra battery for much longer battery life, it costs around 25 USD or something.

TheMART

Re:PlayStation Vita hits 5.6 million worldwide - Monday, August 26, 2013 12:41 PM ( #13 )
ZoyosJD

meh...last black friday I saw them with AC liberations, psasbr, 3 months ps+ for $180. There will be a lot better deals.

True, white PSVita was looking good. AC game is pretty bad though, PS All Stars isn't balanced and maybe not supported anymore by Sony in the long run, where KZ Merc seems to be a game that is good quality and fun. I think that deal also just had a 4GB memstick, the KZM bundle has 8GB (still not that big, but better than the 4GB one which is pretty much useless).

But sure, Black Friday always has some extra discounts. Then again, thats at the end of November and this is now with KZM releasing :-)

DragonPs4

Re:PlayStation Vita hits 5.6 million worldwide - Monday, August 26, 2013 12:53 PM ( #14 )
TheMART

DragonPs4

Well dude, I can name a 1000 reasons why one should own a PSVita, but lets go into this just one specific thing about the Killzone games and close in release.

First: I see people buy many, many shooters at the same time. COD, BF4, Killzone, you name 'em. Basically they buy the same anyways, its pew pew pew, and a story... Hardly there, but thats how I see it. What I don't get is why people buy into a yearly update on COD over and over again and just get some new thing added like a dog with an in ear speaker...

Only thing I can say about Killzone Mercenary is that it is feels more like Killzone 2 (the best of the 3 IMO) playing the beta. It is just fun to be able to play that game even when you're somewhere else aka not at home. It is a different storyline than Killzone Shadowfall too. It is months apart, KZM is next week or something, KZSF is the end of November. Why I am buying KZM is that the game feels good, visuals are really great, I use PSN on the go/multiplayer through 3G tethering on my smartphone or 3G MiFi and this shooter multiplayer is very addictive and fun. And maybe when I had my Killzone fix with this, I might even hold off buying Killzone SF till it drops in price to 20 or 30 bucks, who knows.

But hey, if you'd chose to play one Killzone, sure. Then just get another bundle out there for a PSVita, I saw one lately for USA with one year of PS+, Unit 13 and a memcard for 199 too. Just saying, that value in the bundle is very good. Even if one uses it to play KZ Shadow Fall through remote play on the toilet it is ;-)

No one can make the decision if something is worth it, but you. But for these prices, I can't understand why anyone that loves games and certainly if they love the Playstation platform (and owns a PS3 now, and will buy a PS4 soon too) to miss out on that missing mobile link and the free PSVita games on PS+. I really don't. Unless one truly hates handhelds for whatever reason smaller screen or not as comfortable as a normal controller. That last thing they made something for btw, this Nyko grip holder even incorporates an extra battery for much longer battery life, it costs around 25 USD or something.

I don't have a problem buying multiple shooters but I don't want to buy multiple games of the same Ip. I will get a Vita at some point just like with the Xbox One I am going to wait a while. 

Price was never really an issue when it came to owning a Vita, yeah the Vita memory card prices bothers me especially the over priced 32gb card. 

Do you think they are over priced? I sure do look at other 32gb flash cards that you can find for 20$-30$.

TheMART

Re:PlayStation Vita hits 5.6 million worldwide - Monday, August 26, 2013 1:24 PM ( #15 )
Yeah for sure, the memorycards are overpriced. Even now after the pricedrop.

Then again, 35 USD for 16GB (which is enough IMO, got one too), one pays it one time... I mean, people spend 50 or 60 on one single game, and do that many times a year and spend a lot of money. One time 35 bucks, and PS+ gives you an endless stream of PSVita games month after month.
So sure, overpriced, but many people make that a bigger problem than it is. I got that memcard for 35 at a launch discount too, 1.5 years ago, no need to upgrade to 32GB for me. If the 32GB card hits 40 Euro at a time, I might buy it just for the extra convenience, but until then I'm fine with this one.

MidnytRain

• Total Posts : 3755
Re:PlayStation Vita hits 5.6 million worldwide - Monday, August 26, 2013 2:50 PM ( #16 )
LtSkittles

Eiffel

LtSkittles

Eiffel

Vita got no games. 

Lol, Eiffel is the least of your problems as far as trolling is concerned on the front page.
FAT MAN GO BOOM

• Total Posts : 15453
Re:PlayStation Vita hits 5.6 million worldwide - Monday, August 26, 2013 3:50 PM ( #17 )
There is a lot of people that put down the Vita it is to bad... it is a great little handheld... and with PSN plus it is a great...  tons of games...

the other thing I like about it is you will be able to stream PS4 games to it and there will be an app for the 2nd screen game play....

So you should be able to use it in games like Watch Dogs and the Division....
[ali
UnagiMaster

• Total Posts : 1495
Re:PlayStation Vita hits 5.6 million worldwide - Monday, August 26, 2013 4:10 PM ( #18 )
Vita has a lot of games. A+.

Bladesfist

• Total Posts : 783
Re:PlayStation Vita hits 5.6 million worldwide - Monday, August 26, 2013 5:02 PM ( #19 )
FAT MAN GO BOOM

There is a lot of people that put down the Vita it is to bad... it is a great little handheld... and with PSN plus it is a great...  tons of games...

the other thing I like about it is you will be able to stream PS4 games to it and there will be an app for the 2nd screen game play....

I agree, I love my vita. Really hoping my 32gb card comes before the estimated date or I will be going on holiday with only the 4gb which can hardly hold any of the PS plus games I have for it. I like the vita even more than the PS3 as it has a really fast and responsive UI that lets you just do what you want without taking forever.
<message edited by Bladesfist on Monday, August 26, 2013 5:03 PM>
FAT MAN GO BOOM

• Total Posts : 15453
Re:PlayStation Vita hits 5.6 million worldwide - Monday, August 26, 2013 6:37 PM ( #20 )
Bladesfist

FAT MAN GO BOOM

I agree, I love my vita. Really hoping my 32gb card comes before the estimated date or I will be going on holiday with only the 4gb which can hardly hold any of the PS plus games I have for it. I like the vita even more than the PS3 as it has a really fast and responsive UI that lets you just do what you want without taking forever.

Yeah I have a 16 and have about 15 to 18 games on it depending on size what not...  I would like a 32GB card as well but it is going to have to wait till after christmas... too many other priorities...  Just happy that they are cheaper now... 

<message edited by FAT MAN GO BOOM on Monday, August 26, 2013 6:38 PM>
[ali
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 46 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread