Your Thoughts on MGS5- Too Erotic?

Change Page: 12345 > | Showing page 1 of 5, messages 1 to 20 of 85 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
ColdFeet

• Total Posts : 65
  • Reward points : 0
Your Thoughts on MGS5- Too Erotic? - Friday, September 06, 2013 2:12 PM ( #1 )

I'm just going to put this out there again because nobody seems to be talking about it. Towards the end of the trailer her camo on her face disappears like the octocamo in MGS4. So I see two possibilities she's wearing a suit or her skin is the octocamo itself. (Making her some type nano-machine hybrid like Raiden). That would explain outfit in Afghanistan. If so nice troll Kojima.  

<message edited by ColdFeet on Saturday, September 07, 2013 12:03 AM>
wishingW3L

• Total Posts : 1091
Re:Your Thoughts on MGS5- Too Erotic? - Friday, September 06, 2013 2:22 PM ( #2 )
if they simply changed the pantyhose with holes for some normal black pants with holes nobody would be complaining right now. And yes, I'm against this tasteless crap and very disappointed with Kojima. This is at the same level of vulgarity as those crappy Onechanbara games and the reason I despise anime so much these days after being a fan since when I was very little. 

But more amazed I am with users on the front page and the ridiculous excuses they are coming with to defend this just like they did with Lightning and her boob-job. Just grasping at straws for the sake of their fanboyism.
<message edited by wishingW3L on Friday, September 06, 2013 2:25 PM>
flip-it3

• Total Posts : 6628
Re:Your Thoughts on MGS5- Too Erotic? - Friday, September 06, 2013 2:25 PM ( #3 )
/It's Japanese.

TBH I'm surprised she doesn't have bigger tits and eyes with cat ears. 
Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11966
Re:Your Thoughts on MGS5- Too Erotic? - Friday, September 06, 2013 2:25 PM ( #4 )
It's not practical, but this is Japan. I have my doubts if the word even translates. I have trouble taking any sort of media that do this seriously, just comes off as some cheap eye candy with little context, or half-assed context. Lets see how they wing it with a sniper in the desert wearing pantyhose and a thong after getting tortured(lol) getting her ass torn up by the elements of a sandstorm causing severe skin irritation 

Of course she could just be some ditzy idiot. Which is a reoccurring element for Japan. 
<message edited by Eiffel on Friday, September 06, 2013 2:34 PM>

MattyG

• Total Posts : 3355
Re:Your Thoughts on MGS5- Too Erotic? - Friday, September 06, 2013 2:38 PM ( #5 )
I don't really give a f**k. They've been doing stuff like this in Metal Gear games for a while now, don't know why everyone is so surprised.

Irishguy95

• Total Posts : 582
Re:Your Thoughts on MGS5- Too Erotic? - Friday, September 06, 2013 2:47 PM ( #6 )
Japan is not America. They don't carry the same values on using women's features. Personally I don't get the hate(or Love) for it. You see it on Tv every day for both men and women, but now Kojima states it out loud as to why it's suddenly a problem. Why was it not a problem with Meryls ass in MGS1 or anything after? You even see bodywash ads flashing some side tits and it gets nothing.
<message edited by Irishguy95 on Friday, September 06, 2013 2:48 PM>
Eiffel

Re:Your Thoughts on MGS5- Too Erotic? - Friday, September 06, 2013 3:02 PM ( #7 )
Irishguy95

Japan is not America. They don't carry the same values on using women's features. Personally I don't get the hate(or Love) for it. You see it on Tv every day for both men and women, but now Kojima states it out loud as to why it's suddenly a problem. Why was it not a problem with Meryls ass in MGS1 or anything after? You even see bodywash ads flashing some side tits and it gets nothing.

That's weird cause I shower with my clothes on, you're telling me they're advertising these commercials with contextual sense? 

Mr Tretton

• Total Posts : 2532
Re:Your Thoughts on MGS5- Too Erotic? - Friday, September 06, 2013 3:08 PM ( #8 )
It's Japan. It's Metal Gear. 

PeeWizzle

• Total Posts : 2870
Re:Your Thoughts on MGS5- Too Erotic? - Friday, September 06, 2013 4:31 PM ( #9 )
I'm wondering if he has another goal in mind (other than giving the teen boys eye candy to zoom in on for three minutes) when he tells his designer to make the characters more erotic. 
My soul is still dancing.  
Bladesfist

• Total Posts : 783
Re:Your Thoughts on MGS5- Too Erotic? - Friday, September 06, 2013 4:40 PM ( #10 )
I think it is stupid. If you want to make her a soldier then dress her like a soldier. If you want to maker her a controversy then dress.. oh wait.

Free marketing.
MidnytRain

• Total Posts : 3755
Re:Your Thoughts on MGS5- Too Erotic? - Friday, September 06, 2013 4:52 PM ( #11 )
Eiffel

Irishguy95

That's weird cause I shower with my clothes on, you're telling me they're advertising these commercials with contextual sense? 

I figured they actually avoided this in places like Australia.
Eiffel

Re:Your Thoughts on MGS5- Too Erotic? - Friday, September 06, 2013 4:52 PM ( #12 )
Bladesfist

I think it is stupid. If you want to make her a soldier then dress her like a soldier. If you want to maker her a controversy then dress.. oh wait.

Free marketing.

That and action figures, gotta have a toy line for the diehard's to shoot their load on. The only remote form of a woman they could knock off it's feet by sheer force. 

Off the chain today. 

MidnytRain

• Total Posts : 3755
Re:Your Thoughts on MGS5- Too Erotic? - Friday, September 06, 2013 4:54 PM ( #13 )
Eiffel

Bladesfist

Free marketing.

That and action figures, gotta have a toy line for the diehard's to shoot their load on. The only remote form of a woman they could knock off it's feet by sheer force. 

Off the chain today. 

It'd be rather impressive if one could knock over a full-sized woman. X) 

No links please

Convas

• Total Posts : 2484
Re:Your Thoughts on MGS5- Too Erotic? - Friday, September 06, 2013 5:07 PM ( #14 )
Quiet's real-life model has a VERY homely face.
(Steam: Ricky Ricardo)(Origin: Convas)(PSN/XBL: Convas)
Theo1130

• Total Posts : 1868
Re:Your Thoughts on MGS5- Too Erotic? - Friday, September 06, 2013 5:27 PM ( #15 )
It's japan, it's metal gear, it's not the first time aren't good excuses.  This is why I've basically quit gaming aside from Dota 2, I'm just tired of half naked women in games just for the sake of pleasing nerds.  It's like games can't get past this arrested development type of mentality.
Nate-Dog

• Total Posts : 2115
Re:Your Thoughts on MGS5- Too Erotic? - Friday, September 06, 2013 5:32 PM ( #16 )
Kojima saying he was making Quiet a more erotic character to fuel cosplaying and figure sales is pathetic. This isn't new for Metal Gear Solid (FHM posters in MGS2, Playboy magazines in MGS4, etc.) but if this is the sole reason behind it then it's pretty woeful. Mind you companies like DICE, 343 Studios and the team behind Tomb Raider (Eidos?) saying this is disgraceful is pretty amusing, as if this is the worst case of sexualised characters in a video game.

Satanas

• Total Posts : 13047
Re:Your Thoughts on MGS5- Too Erotic? - Friday, September 06, 2013 6:47 PM ( #17 )
MattyG

I don't really give a f**k. They've been doing stuff like this in Metal Gear games for a while now, don't know why everyone is so surprised.

My sentiment as well. Honestly, she could be ass naked for all I care, so long as this game plays less like a sequel to Peace Walker and more like a successor to MGS4 (because Peace Walker sucks)
<message edited by Satanas on Friday, September 06, 2013 6:49 PM>
thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 7018
Re:Your Thoughts on MGS5- Too Erotic? - Friday, September 06, 2013 6:53 PM ( #18 )
I'd like to know more about the character before I go off on how she is dressed.

acemonkey

• Total Posts : 3092
Re:Your Thoughts on MGS5- Too Erotic? - Friday, September 06, 2013 7:53 PM ( #19 )
flip-it3

/It's Japanese.

TBH I'm surprised she doesn't have bigger tits and eyes with cat ears. 

lol this 

& plus sex sales
fsfsxii

• Total Posts : 17
Re:Your Thoughts on MGS5- Too Erotic? - Friday, September 06, 2013 8:14 PM ( #20 )
She looks sleepy lol
She's frikkin hot. I don't really care about the contraversy BS. MGS has been doing this kind of thing since forever.
Change Page: 12345 > | Showing page 1 of 5, messages 1 to 20 of 85 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 3 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread