How would you personally review KZ:Mercs?

SonyStyled

• Total Posts : 37
  • Reward points : 0
How would you personally review KZ:Mercs? - Friday, September 13, 2013 1:47 PM ( #1 )
so youve all seen the reviews. a lot of generally positive review scores with a few individuals that didnt like it so much. i will be picking this title up for sure in the future, once i can grab it on sale as a refuse to pay full price for games now a days (even though a $40 price tag is more than fair!). but anyway ive heard gossip from a few that claims it may be better than KZ2 even. i thought the mp beta was cherry. so to those who have got their hands on a copy and im sure by now have put in a few hours in both the mp and sp, what would you give the game as a review score? i have a strong feeling quite a few 'professional' reviews where a bit biased.
MattyG

• Total Posts : 3345
Re:How would you personally review KZ:Mercs? - Friday, September 13, 2013 2:20 PM ( #2 )
SonyStyled

so youve all seen the reviews. a lot of generally positive review scores with a few individuals that didnt like it so much. i will be picking this title up for sure in the future, once i can grab it on sale as a refuse to pay full price for games now a days (even though a $40 price tag is more than fair!). but anyway ive heard gossip from a few that claims it may be better than KZ2 even. i thought the mp beta was cherry. so to those who have got their hands on a copy and im sure by now have put in a few hours in both the mp and sp, what would you give the game as a review score? i have a strong feeling quite a few 'professional' reviews where a bit biased.

I'd probably give it an 8. Campaign is short, but replayable since there's 4 modes for each mission. MP is great, although not ideal for me since I generally play my Vita away from home. If I was actually writing a review (which I may at some point) I'd go into more detail. It's a great game, one of the best on Vita.

Also, I have a strong feeling you think the professional reviews are biased because why? Some people gave it a 6? A six is above average. Just because someone gave it a lower score that what you think it should get doesn't mean they're biased. People need to get over their obsession with numbers and realize that a lower score =/= biased.

Bladesfist

• Total Posts : 758
Re:How would you personally review KZ:Mercs? - Friday, September 13, 2013 2:23 PM ( #3 )
I am enjoying my time with it so far, I think I should warn you that the framerate has dropped into single digits more than I would have liked.
TooTall19

• Total Posts : 688
Re:How would you personally review KZ:Mercs? - Friday, September 13, 2013 4:43 PM ( #4 )
I think it's the Vita's best game. I'm more of a multiplayer fan, and it's solid in this game. Especially for a portable game. I only played a little bit of the SP, but from what I played I thought it was pretty fun. Can't wait to play it more this weekend. Overall 9/10.
KozmoOchez

• Total Posts : 5321
Re:How would you personally review KZ:Mercs? - Saturday, September 14, 2013 11:34 PM ( #5 )
MP is ssooo much fun. The SP can be difficult when you do the other side things that require certain objectives, simply because of how ridiculous some of the constraints are. Like finishing the first one in less than 20min, while getting 25 headshots with one gun AND getting all the hostages free. Mostly the time limit killed me for that one but sheesh, I tried it like 5 times. Also I had a beef with the game requiring me to gas someone by throwing a gas grenade through a whole while not giving me a grenade arc... I had to run to the ammo supply guy and buy another grenade 4 times because I kept missing.

But the MP...So dynamic, as in the tides can change quickly. I had a game where we started off getting dogged in the first two rounds. Then we got our crap together and finished up on these overranked guys by simply attacking objectives while they murdered us mercilessly. Ended up winning by 20 points.  Also, if you have this game and don't already have me on your PSN list. Add me and lets mic up and own some people. It's only 4v4 and EVERYONE has a mic, just gotta start a party first. Tactical advantage owns in this game.

TooTall19

• Total Posts : 688
Re:How would you personally review KZ:Mercs? - Sunday, September 15, 2013 2:15 AM ( #6 )
I wish it wouldn't split me and Kozmo on different teams everytime... Might have to try using the join/invite systems next time.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread