[UPDATED] Will Grand Theft Auto come to the PlayStation Vita?

GdaTyler

• Total Posts : 30
  • Reward points : 0
[UPDATED] Will Grand Theft Auto come to the PlayStation Vita? - Friday, September 13, 2013 3:15 PM ( #1 )
[I personally think it will never happen just because developers are not willing to take risks. Could you imagine the graphics and physics if a game like that was made?! It would be extraordinary! Well, gimme your thoughts.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Some additional info that may point to something happening:

Some guy from IGN on twitter two years ago. Won't trust him necessarily.
https://twitter.com/jimreilly/status/77926291323621377

Shahid Ahmad conversation with somebody who points out they are excited for a secret game which is a Vita game.
https://twitter.com/AntonyaClark/status/330432454924042241

Shahid then infamously teases that "AMAZING big title" a few days later which obviously has a connection to the conversation with Tony Clark. Hint: You will be Hooked for hours a day, it's not an indie or a port.
https://twitter.com/shahidkamal/status/332633683267813377

Some guy just might have some info on one but he could be wrong.

<message edited by GdaTyler on Sunday, September 22, 2013 11:45 PM>
kon2

• Total Posts : 694
Re:Do you think we'll ever see a GTA game on the PS Vita? - Friday, September 13, 2013 3:18 PM ( #2 )
I don't think Rockstar wants to do a game for the Vita. It's not popular enough like the PSP was.
MattyG

• Total Posts : 3346
Re:Do you think we'll ever see a GTA game on the PS Vita? - Friday, September 13, 2013 3:27 PM ( #3 )
kon2

I don't think Rockstar wants to do a game for the Vita. It's not popular enough like the PSP was.

^This. If a) Vita sales pick up drastically soon or b) Sony pays R* a ton of money for them to do it then it may happen, but if the Vita keeps going like it is, I highly doubt it.

Kenshin_BATT0USAI

• Total Posts : 10814
Re:Do you think we'll ever see a GTA game on the PS Vita? - Friday, September 13, 2013 4:29 PM ( #4 )
Depends on how many zeros Sony can write on a cheque.
Formerly Known as Hellbringer. PSN: KenshinBATT0USAI 3DS: 2895-6892-5663 Steam: Vashlion
DFray919

• Total Posts : 32
Re:Do you think we'll ever see a GTA game on the PS Vita? - Friday, September 13, 2013 6:18 PM ( #5 )
I could see this happening. Vita sales should go up soon! 
Imma Tell You Like A G Told ME! Cash Rule Everything Round Me! PSN:LiLStomachAche Twitter: @3Bet_Donovan
GdaTyler

Re:Do you think we'll ever see a GTA game on the PS Vita? - Saturday, September 14, 2013 4:00 PM ( #6 )
Why do you see this happening other than the fact that sales could possibly be up soon?
Nate-Dog

• Total Posts : 2076
Re:Do you think we'll ever see a GTA game on the PS Vita? - Saturday, September 14, 2013 4:03 PM ( #7 )
GdaTyler

Could you imagine the graphics and physics if a game like that was made?!

wut? Why would a GTA game on the Vita have an incredible level of graphics and physics that we haven't seen anywhere else when home consoles are more powerful?

WildArmed

• Total Posts : 10053
Re:Do you think we'll ever see a GTA game on the PS Vita? - Saturday, September 14, 2013 4:57 PM ( #8 )
kon2

Yup, more likely is Nintendo getting a GTA.

Just like the old GTA, it came on Nintendo's device first.. then ported over.

Chinatown i think

GdaTyler

Re:Do you think we'll ever see a GTA game on the PS Vita? - Saturday, September 14, 2013 8:10 PM ( #9 )
Nate-Dog

GdaTyler

Could you imagine the graphics and physics if a game like that was made?!

wut? Why would a GTA game on the Vita have an incredible level of graphics and physics that we haven't seen anywhere else when home consoles are more powerful?

I'm not talking about consoles. I was saying that would make it the best handheld Grand Theft Auto game. It would be amazing to play a handheld GTA game using the RAGE engine. Wouldn't that be really cool? I know you don't have to agree. :( 
<message edited by GdaTyler on Saturday, September 14, 2013 8:15 PM>
GdaTyler

Re:Do you think we'll ever see a GTA game on the PS Vita? - Saturday, September 14, 2013 8:12 PM ( #10 )
WildArmed

kon2

Chinatown i think

Nah, PSP got its GTA games first. GTA LCS was in 2005 with VCS following in 2006. Chinatown Wars came out in 2009 with PSP version coming out afterwards. Anyways, DS came later on.

<message edited by GdaTyler on Saturday, September 14, 2013 8:14 PM>
contradictory

• Total Posts : 2
Re:Do you think we'll ever see a GTA game on the PS Vita? - Sunday, September 15, 2013 9:18 AM ( #11 )
  most likely we won't.. there's not too many developers willing to risk on Vita. shame too because it definitely has potential
<message edited by contradictory on Sunday, September 15, 2013 9:19 AM>
-MD-

• Total Posts : 8196
Re:Do you think we'll ever see a GTA game on the PS Vita? - Sunday, September 15, 2013 2:44 PM ( #12 )
Only if Rockstar wants to lose loads of money.
WildArmed

• Total Posts : 10053
Re:Do you think we'll ever see a GTA game on the PS Vita? - Sunday, September 15, 2013 2:55 PM ( #13 )
GdaTyler

WildArmed

kon2

Chinatown i think

Nah, PSP got its GTA games first. GTA LCS was in 2005 with VCS following in 2006. Chinatown Wars came out in 2009 with PSP version coming out afterwards. Anyways, DS came later on.

Oh that's true, I played them on PS3 so I 4got about that. But that does bring up the question: how viable was it on PSP? They released it on two other Sony platforms too. 

Chinatown barely sold 1mil. 

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/5165/grand-theft-auto-liberty-city-stories/Global/
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/897/grand-theft-auto-vice-city-stories/Global/
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/35592/grand-theft-auto-chinatown-wars/Global/

I don't think we'll see many 3rd party exclusives tbh, so we may get ports of GTA games to Vita. Or a multiplat GTA that will eb on more platforms than just Vita

MattyG

• Total Posts : 3346
Re:Do you think we'll ever see a GTA game on the PS Vita? - Sunday, September 15, 2013 3:16 PM ( #14 )
WildArmed

Oh that's true, I played them on PS3 so I 4got about that. But that does bring up the question: how viable was it on PSP? They released it on two other Sony platforms too. 

Chinatown barely sold 1mil. 

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/5165/grand-theft-auto-liberty-city-stories/Global/
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/897/grand-theft-auto-vice-city-stories/Global/
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/35592/grand-theft-auto-chinatown-wars/Global/

I don't think we'll see many 3rd party exclusives tbh, so we may get ports of GTA games to Vita. Or a multiplat GTA that will eb on more platforms than just Vita

If they could just port over 3, Vice City and San Andreas with updated shooting/driving mechanics I would be sooooo happy. (Not that this will ever in a million years happen).

thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 6958
Re:Do you think we'll ever see a GTA game on the PS Vita? - Sunday, September 15, 2013 3:33 PM ( #15 )
Maybe.
GdaTyler

Re:Do you think we'll ever see a GTA game on the PS Vita? - Tuesday, September 17, 2013 5:56 PM ( #16 )
Considerin GTA LCS and VCS sold more than 5 million each on PSP was impressive. I think it would sell very well on the Vita and would be a system seller.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread