PS3 / PS4 Question.

tethered

• Total Posts : 34
  • Reward points : 0
PS3 / PS4 Question. - Saturday, September 21, 2013 1:43 PM ( #1 )
I have the PS3, already pre-ordered and paid for the PS4. I also have PS+.

My question is this:
If I am playing online on the PS4 using my Playstation ID will that same Playstation ID be locked on the PS3 or will someone else in my household be able to play online using my ID?
wishingW3L

• Total Posts : 1091
Re:PS3 / PS4 Question. - Saturday, September 21, 2013 1:50 PM ( #2 )
that's a very good question and I have no answer but I would like to know too.
<message edited by wishingW3L on Saturday, September 21, 2013 1:51 PM>
TheOneEyedHound

• Total Posts : 2
Re:PS3 / PS4 Question. - Sunday, September 22, 2013 9:13 AM ( #3 )
 I got a questionat what time will amazon deliver my Ps4? I don't want to wait all day.
ShAkKa

• Total Posts : 5897
Re:PS3 / PS4 Question. - Sunday, September 22, 2013 9:16 AM ( #4 )
I guess a person with a Ps3 and a Vita could answer this question. 

You can't use the same ID on two ps3s at the same time so I imagine it would be a similar situation with ps3-ps4.
<message edited by ShAkKa on Sunday, September 22, 2013 9:19 AM>

TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4400
Re:PS3 / PS4 Question. - Sunday, September 22, 2013 9:26 AM ( #5 )
TheOneEyedHound

I got a questionat what time will amazon deliver my Ps4? I don't want to wait all day.
That's why you go to a midnight release.

My PSN ID is: xNocturnus    XBL Tag is: xX Nocturnus Xx
TheMART

• Total Posts : 3356
Re:PS3 / PS4 Question. - Sunday, September 22, 2013 9:36 AM ( #6 )
ShAkKa

You can't use the same ID on two ps3s at the same time so I imagine it would be a similar situation with ps3-ps4.

Wait, what? You CAN use the same PSN/PS+ ID on two PS3's at the same time. I can also use my PS+ ID on my PS3 and PSVita at the same time. I bet PS4 can be turned on at the same time as PS3 on the same ID. And the future PSVitaTV couldn't work otherswise (like the PSVita) as it streams the game through the account.

What I could see in the future is that Sony will limit simultaneously login on a max of 2 devices. Be it a PS3 and PS4, or a PS4 and PSVita(TV).

When I log in on my PSN account, I see 3 slots for PSN/PS+ devices. At the moment that can be 2 PS3's and one PSVita, or one PS3 and 2 PSVita's, or a PS3, PSP and PSVita as far as I know all connected at the same time. For me that would be a PS3, PSVita and PS4 as soon as its in. Looking at Sony releasing the PSVitaTV too I can see them ramping it up to 4 devices that may be attached to the  PSN/PS+ account, with the possible limitation above of 2 using it online at the same time or something to prevent too many devices being able to play the same content at the same time.
<message edited by TheMART on Sunday, September 22, 2013 9:57 AM>

ShAkKa

Re:PS3 / PS4 Question. - Sunday, September 22, 2013 10:11 AM ( #7 )
TheMART

ShAkKa

Wait, what? You CAN use the same PSN/PS+ ID on two PS3's at the same time. I can also use my PS+ ID on my PS3 and PSVita at the same time. I bet PS4 can be turned on at the same time as PS3 on the same ID. And the future PSVitaTV couldn't work otherswise (like the PSVita) as it streams the game through the account.

What I could see in the future is that Sony will limit simultaneously login on a max of 2 devices. Be it a PS3 and PS4, or a PS4 and PSVita(TV).

When I log in on my PSN account, I see 3 slots for PSN/PS+ devices. At the moment that can be 2 PS3's and one PSVita, or one PS3 and 2 PSVita's, or a PS3, PSP and PSVita as far as I know all connected at the same time. For me that would be a PS3, PSVita and PS4 as soon as its in. Looking at Sony releasing the PSVitaTV too I can see them ramping it up to 4 devices that may be attached to the  PSN/PS+ account, with the possible limitation above of 2 using it online at the same time or something to prevent too many devices being able to play the same content at the same time.

Nope. You CAN'T use it at the same time, when you sign in on a second PS3 the first one automatically gets log out of the network. The rest I don't know.

We are  talking online gaming here not offline.
<message edited by ShAkKa on Sunday, September 22, 2013 10:15 AM>

ShAkKa

Re:PS3 / PS4 Question. - Sunday, September 22, 2013 10:12 AM ( #8 )
Edit:
Wow this is a first one for me.
<message edited by ShAkKa on Sunday, September 22, 2013 10:14 AM>

TheMART

• Total Posts : 3356
Re:PS3 / PS4 Question. - Sunday, September 22, 2013 11:04 AM ( #9 )
ShAkKa

TheMART

ShAkKa

Nope. You CAN'T use it at the same time, when you sign in on a second PS3 the first one automatically gets log out of the network. The rest I don't know.

Oh never had my 2 PS3's online at the same time, but I was thinking about the 2 PS3's that can use the same PS+ content at the same time too.

Anyways, I can confirm on a PS3 and PSVita being on the same account online at the same time, which I do and that works. So looking from that perspective, different devices are allowed, not the same ones. If its about different devices, a PS3 and a PS4 are different ones too, with their own specific games (PS3 games aren't running on PS4 with BC too, PS3 PS+ content doesn't work on PS4 too) so I'd say based on PSVita/PS3 being able to be online at the same time too, that should work.

Satanas

• Total Posts : 13047
Re:PS3 / PS4 Question. - Sunday, September 22, 2013 1:03 PM ( #10 )
ShAkKa

Yeah this is true, as it's happened to me before. I'm hoping the PS4 activation will be an additional slot and not remove one of the two activations you can already have with the PS3 though
tethered

• Total Posts : 34
Re:PS3 / PS4 Question. - Sunday, September 22, 2013 5:00 PM ( #11 )
TheMART

ShAkKa

TheMART

ShAkKa

Oh never had my 2 PS3's online at the same time, but I was thinking about the 2 PS3's that can use the same PS+ content at the same time too.

Anyways, I can confirm on a PS3 and PSVita being on the same account online at the same time, which I do and that works. So looking from that perspective, different devices are allowed, not the same ones. If its about different devices, a PS3 and a PS4 are different ones too, with their own specific games (PS3 games aren't running on PS4 with BC too, PS3 PS+ content doesn't work on PS4 too) so I'd say based on PSVita/PS3 being able to be online at the same time too, that should work.

So, I knew that my two PS3's don't work online on the same PSN ID at the same time. The second log-in boots the first log-in offline.  Thats what made me think of this PS3/PS4 issue. It's good to know that playing my Vita online under the same ID as my PS3 does work at the same time.  It gives me hope that it will not be an issue with the PS4 and PS3.  This leads to another question.  The games that are coming out on the PS3 that you can upgrade to the PS4 at a later date, I know the PS4 will need the physical disc of the PS3 version to play on the PS4.  If you buy the download version on the PS3, will you be able to play the PS3 and the PS4 version on both systems under the same PSN ID at the same time?  So many questions........
TheOneEyedHound

• Total Posts : 2
Re:PS3 / PS4 Question. - Monday, September 23, 2013 4:56 AM ( #12 )
Midnight release like at Walmart? and wait 2days in line??

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread