Why is Xenoblade Chronicles rare ?

Eyeco

• Total Posts : 21
  • Reward points : 0
Why is Xenoblade Chronicles rare ? - Sunday, September 22, 2013 4:42 PM ( #1 )
I've recently been looking to buy it, but I was shocked by how rare it is, such a high profile game I'm surprised this is the first time discovering it's availability or rather lack of, I saw on Amazon it's going for $200-100 brand new wtf when did this happen ?
TheDivine

• Total Posts : 110
Re:Why is Xenoblade Chronicles rare ? - Sunday, September 22, 2013 7:51 PM ( #2 )
Basically right at launch. It was a small print only sold at gamestop and Nintendo's online store. It was sold out in a month or two. Couple that with the reputation of the best jrpg in over a decade and yea, crazy high price. Gamestop has used copies at 80 bucks but I'd go to ebay, they sell for that if your patient. Amazon is a rip off.
wishingW3L

• Total Posts : 1091
Re:Why is Xenoblade Chronicles rare ? - Sunday, September 22, 2013 8:00 PM ( #3 )
Gamestop is selling some new but unsealed copies much cheaper. $80

http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/xenoblade-chronicles-gamestop-exclusive/98535

If you can get it new the game will be quite the collector's item in a few years.
coolbeans

• Total Posts : 3288
Re:Why is Xenoblade Chronicles rare ? - Sunday, September 22, 2013 8:13 PM ( #4 )
That stinks.  I really want to try that one out soon.  
Eyeco

• Total Posts : 21
Re:Why is Xenoblade Chronicles rare ? - Thursday, September 26, 2013 1:00 PM ( #5 )
Yes I know I really wanna try it aswell, but $80 for a game is really steep, I'm pretty low with cash this season, I'm just shocked how hard to find  a well known game is, same with the Metroid Trilogy that seriously bummed me out aswell.
John Kratos

• Total Posts : 429
Re:Why is Xenoblade Chronicles rare ? - Friday, September 27, 2013 2:14 AM ( #6 )
I actually picked this game from Gamestop a couple months after it was released for 50 bucks, really glad I did. I've only played a little bit of it though.
Juste_Belmont

• Total Posts : 97
Re:Why is Xenoblade Chronicles rare ? - Sunday, September 29, 2013 10:29 PM ( #7 )
I bought the game, but I only did so that Nintendo would release The Last Story in the west. I haven't finished either of them yet though. It seems a little bit sad that video games are going the way of Hot Wheels and action figures. Games are meant to be played, not stored in their packaging until their value goes up. At least that's my opinion.
wishingW3L

• Total Posts : 1091
Re:Why is Xenoblade Chronicles rare ? - Sunday, September 29, 2013 11:34 PM ( #8 )
^ tell me about it. I'm still wanting to play Suikoden 2 but Konami refuses to put a digital version on PSN and the disc alone (in bad condition) without box or manual is being sold for $150 minimum. I've been holding back on pirating it for many years still waiting for Konami to put it on the PSN but don't care anymore, when I find the time I'm gonna play it.

And there's no PSN version just because of some missing register trademark signs.  -__-

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread