Battlefield 4 *Open Beta* on a Triple-Monitor Setup!

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
TheSurroundGamer

• Total Posts : 48
  • Reward points : 0
Battlefield 4 *Open Beta* on a Triple-Monitor Setup! - Monday, October 07, 2013 2:50 AM ( #1 )

Battlefield 4 Open Beta - Nvidia Surround - GTX 670 3-Way SLI:

(Click for media)

Here's a triple-monitor tour of the Siege of Shanghai map in the Battlefield 4 Open Beta.  Conquest Large game mode, maxed out textures!f Shanghai map in the Battlefield 4 Open Beta.  Conquest Large game mode, maxed out textures!
<message edited by TheSurroundGamer on Monday, November 04, 2013 6:47 AM>
MidnytRain

• Total Posts : 3755
Re:Battlefield 4 on a Triple-Monitor Setup! - Monday, October 07, 2013 10:03 AM ( #2 )
Textures? What about everything else?
FAT MAN GO BOOM

• Total Posts : 15453
Re:Battlefield 4 on a Triple-Monitor Setup! - Monday, October 07, 2013 5:04 PM ( #3 )
TheSurroundGamer

Battlefield 4 Open Beta - Nvidia Surround - GTX 670 3-Way SLI:

(Click for media)

Here's a triple-monitor tour of the Siege of Shanghai map in the Battlefield 4 Open Beta.  Conquest Large game mode, maxed out textures!f Shanghai map in the Battlefield 4 Open Beta.  Conquest Large game mode, maxed out textures!

Great goggly Mouggly   that is pretty... 
[ali
Kenshin_BATT0USAI

• Total Posts : 10857
Re:Battlefield 4 on a Triple-Monitor Setup! - Monday, October 07, 2013 6:00 PM ( #4 )
Looks nice. But honestly. I never understood the appeal of playing a game on more than one monitor. 
Formerly Known as Hellbringer. PSN: KenshinBATT0USAI 3DS: 2895-6892-5663 Steam: Vashlion
B Man

• Total Posts : 8479
Re:Battlefield 4 on a Triple-Monitor Setup! - Monday, October 07, 2013 6:14 PM ( #5 )
Kenshin_BATT0USAI

Looks nice. But honestly. I never understood the appeal of playing a game on more than one monitor. 

This.  The gap between each monitor completely ruins the immersion level to me.  I'd rather just hook up my TV.  Multiple monitors is only great for multitasking, not for video games, and personally I see no desire to have more than two monitors for that... for home use any ways.
Kenshin_BATT0USAI

Re:Battlefield 4 on a Triple-Monitor Setup! - Monday, October 07, 2013 6:36 PM ( #6 )
B Man

Kenshin_BATT0USAI

This.  The gap between each monitor completely ruins the immersion level to me.  I'd rather just hook up my TV.  Multiple monitors is only great for multitasking, not for video games, and personally I see no desire to have more than two monitors for that... for home use any ways.

Exactly. I mean there are monitors that have almost no bezel at all and actually look nice(those vertical ones for example look great with an eyefinity setup) but yeah overall it's not something you'd do with games unless you just want to show off what your build can do.
Formerly Known as Hellbringer. PSN: KenshinBATT0USAI 3DS: 2895-6892-5663 Steam: Vashlion
MidnytRain

Re:Battlefield 4 on a Triple-Monitor Setup! - Monday, October 07, 2013 7:14 PM ( #7 )
I'm not sure how it works really. I would think it would only be a good thing if your field of view remained unchanged on the center monitor, with the flanking monitors giving extra coverage. However, if the central monitor ends up with a smaller FOV, I could see why it'd be annoying.
Satanas

• Total Posts : 13047
Re:Battlefield 4 on a Triple-Monitor Setup! - Monday, October 07, 2013 7:35 PM ( #8 )
B Man

Kenshin_BATT0USAI

I think for some games it's nice, but the fisheye effect is a huge turn off for me. That's especially true for shooters.
TheSurroundGamer

Re:Battlefield 4 on a Triple-Monitor Setup! - Monday, October 07, 2013 10:48 PM ( #9 )
MidnytRain

Textures? What about everything else?

The About section of the video provides lots of detail, including all video settings used for this run.

Kenshin_BATT0USAI

It allows you to see more.  Three times more.

B Man

Kenshin_BATT0USAI

The gaps are dark and fade into your peripheral view when you're focused on the center display.  The side displays help add to your peripheral view, creating an overall more immersive feel.

Kenshin_BATT0USAI

B Man

Kenshin_BATT0USAI

Exactly. I mean there are monitors that have almost no bezel at all and actually look nice(those vertical ones for example look great with an eyefinity setup) but yeah overall it's not something you'd do with games unless you just want to show off what your build can do.

Being part of the 1% of gamers that play on a triple-monitor setup, of course I want to show other people what their rig can do with a few hardware upgrades.  However, this also serves as a benchmark and proof, by letting other triple-monitor gamers see how BF4 can run on a triple-monitor setup, and that it CAN run on a triple-monitor setup.  It's actually pretty tough to find a game that works 'right out of the box' for triple monitors.
<message edited by TheSurroundGamer on Monday, October 07, 2013 10:50 PM>
kon2

• Total Posts : 694
Re:Battlefield 4 on a Triple-Monitor Setup! - Monday, October 07, 2013 10:59 PM ( #10 )
If I had a triple monitor setup that could run BF4 @ max settings I sure as hell would be showing it to the entire world too. 
AuToFiRE

• Total Posts : 11591
Re:Battlefield 4 on a Triple-Monitor Setup! - Tuesday, October 08, 2013 5:48 PM ( #11 )
*yawn* I have my triple monitor setup, I prefer my Oculus Rift

RSI: AuTo   
Feel free to add me, just let me know you are from N4G
@cl1983 No.
MidnytRain

Re:Battlefield 4 on a Triple-Monitor Setup! - Tuesday, October 08, 2013 6:17 PM ( #12 )
AuToFiRE

*yawn* I have my triple monitor setup, I prefer my Oculus Rift

Sh**, give it to me, then, Mr. Badass. X)
thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 7018
Re:Battlefield 4 on a Triple-Monitor Setup! - Tuesday, October 08, 2013 6:20 PM ( #13 )
I have five monitors.

AuToFiRE

Re:Battlefield 4 on a Triple-Monitor Setup! - Tuesday, October 08, 2013 7:09 PM ( #14 )
thebudgetgamer

I have five monitors.

Id have 6 if I had enough TVs

@cl1983 No.
FAT MAN GO BOOM

• Total Posts : 15453
Re:Battlefield 4 on a Triple-Monitor Setup! - Wednesday, October 09, 2013 2:04 PM ( #15 )
Kenshin_BATT0USAI

I would you see more for one.. .the screen is not stretched but you see a wide gameplay of  the area... so if you play this game just with on monitor you only see the middle... the left side and right side is add vision to this player.... it happens with only so many games not all games support multiple monitors... 

Most do FPS do... some other genres as well... 

Huge advantage if you can see more... 
[ali
Kenshin_BATT0USAI

Re:Battlefield 4 on a Triple-Monitor Setup! - Wednesday, October 09, 2013 7:49 PM ( #16 )
FAT MAN GO BOOM

Kenshin_BATT0USAI

I would you see more for one.. .the screen is not stretched but you see a wide gameplay of  the area... so if you play this game just with on monitor you only see the middle... the left side and right side is add vision to this player.... it happens with only so many games not all games support multiple monitors... 

I know what it does man >_> I'm just saying seeing ALL of it is a massive strain on the eyes, I don't get the appeal because it's not what I'm and many others are used to. Geez, it would be nice if everyone didn't assume I was retarded or something. I get how it works and why people do it. I just don't like it personally.
TheSurroundGamer

Re:Battlefield 4 on a Triple-Monitor Setup! - Sunday, October 13, 2013 2:48 PM ( #17 )
Kenshin_BATT0USAI

FAT MAN GO BOOM

Kenshin_BATT0USAI

I know what it does man >_> I'm just saying seeing ALL of it is a massive strain on the eyes, I don't get the appeal because it's not what I'm and many others are used to. Geez, it would be nice if everyone didn't assume I was retarded or something. I get how it works and why people do it. I just don't like it personally.

Thank you, now go back to your anime! :D
AuToFiRE

Re:Battlefield 4 on a Triple-Monitor Setup! - Sunday, October 13, 2013 3:58 PM ( #18 )
Kenshin_BATT0USAI

FAT MAN GO BOOM

Kenshin_BATT0USAI

Take it from me, there is no strain on the eyes, the monitors on the side add peripheral vision, most of the itme you are still looking at the middle monitor, but now you can see people who want to shoot you to your left and right as well.

<message edited by AuToFiRE on Sunday, October 13, 2013 4:04 PM>

@cl1983 No.
MidnytRain

Re:Battlefield 4 on a Triple-Monitor Setup! - Sunday, October 13, 2013 5:40 PM ( #19 )
AuToFiRE

That looks like an unnatural range of peripheral vision, but maybe that's only because it's being displayed perpendicular to my vision...

And I don't know if TheSurroundGamer is just one of those guys who likes to play with absurd FOVs or it's just the camera angle, but I don't like how it seems like everything is stretched and skewed on the flanking monitors.
<message edited by MidnytRain on Sunday, October 13, 2013 5:46 PM>
TheSurroundGamer

Re:Battlefield 4 on a Triple-Monitor Setup! - Saturday, October 19, 2013 7:46 AM ( #20 )
That can be fixed by changing the FOV.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread