Are my vitas shoulder buttons broken?

SonyStyled

• Total Posts : 40
  • Reward points : 0
Are my vitas shoulder buttons broken? - Monday, October 14, 2013 1:37 PM ( #1 )
ive had this possible problem with my vita ever since i opened it last year right out of the box. i first noticed it with uncharted. the problem lies with my shoulder buttons not being sensitive enough. playing uncharted i would press the left shoulder button to aim and sometimes i go in and out of aiming as if i keep pressing and unpressing the button. but im definitely holding down the button. im noticing this again in killzone mercenary. pressing the left shoulder button again i sometimes go in and out of aiming. its totally avoidable if i press the button a little harder. but i can push the button down and i wont go into aiming until i press a little harder. maybe thats just the vitas sensitivity and everyones is like that. its just not as sensitive as the duelshock 3's L1 and R1. maybe im just used to that. what makes me think its just the vitas sensitivity is that it also has occurred with the right shoulder button as well. sometimes ill press the button to shoot or whatever and it wont shoot until i press a little harder. i mean i dont need to ram down the button or anything but i have to press them a little harder than i normally would. i figured i would ask if anyone has the same issue as me if it even is an issue before my 1 yr warranty expires. is your vita like that too? like i said i can completely press both shoulder buttons down completely, but it wont do the action of the button until i press it a little harder. its just kind of annoying to press it down a little more which gets uncomfortable. not to mention the annoyance of popping in and out of scope as its on that fine line of zooming or not. anyone elses vita like this?

EDIT: ok so i called sony and im sending my unit in. when i get my refurbished unit back ill update it here saying if its fixed for anyone that has a similar problem in the future.

EDIT 2: ok so i got my vita back. the buttons feel to have the same sensitivity, but its hard to tell not having my old one right beside me. however i have yet to encounter a situation where i was on that fine like of doing the in game action and not.

<message edited by SonyStyled on Saturday, November 02, 2013 10:22 AM>
s8anicslayer

• Total Posts : 1331
Re:Are my vitas shoulder buttons broken? - Monday, October 14, 2013 2:09 PM ( #2 )
 Your fatal mistake was to keep it with that issue, you should've returned it for a working vita and you would not be stuck with this issue out of warranty. If you purchased an extended warranty then it will be covered, if not..well your sh!t out of luck! Either way contact Sony and inform them and see what they'll do for you..at this point you have nothing to loose.
B Man

• Total Posts : 8468
Re:Are my vitas shoulder buttons broken? - Monday, October 14, 2013 3:03 PM ( #3 )
Well, compared to the duel shock, the triggers are much more finicky on the Vita.  I've never played a FPS on the Vita because I absolutely hate them, but I'd imagine this probably isn't due to broken triggers.  I think it's just the design of the Vita.
s8anicslayer

Re:Are my vitas shoulder buttons broken? - Monday, October 14, 2013 3:52 PM ( #4 )
 Bman, then you must try mercenaries...great game and the control is the best yet for a handheld fps.
SonyStyled

Re:Are my vitas shoulder buttons broken? - Monday, October 14, 2013 3:54 PM ( #5 )
s8anicslayer

Your fatal mistake was to keep it with that issue, you should've returned it for a working vita and you would not be stuck with this issue out of warranty. If you purchased an extended warranty then it will be covered, if not..well your sh!t out of luck! Either way contact Sony and inform them and see what they'll do for you..at this point you have nothing to loose.

no fatal mistake. still under warranty for another month or so
B Man

• Total Posts : 8468
Re:Are my vitas shoulder buttons broken? - Monday, October 14, 2013 3:59 PM ( #6 )
s8anicslayer

Bman, then you must try mercenaries...great game and the control is the best yet for a handheld fps.

No I think you misunderstood.  I hate FPS in general...
s8anicslayer

Re:Are my vitas shoulder buttons broken? - Monday, October 14, 2013 4:36 PM ( #7 )
 I guess I misunderstood you Bman cause I thought you just meant handheld versions
s8anicslayer

Re:Are my vitas shoulder buttons broken? - Monday, October 14, 2013 4:40 PM ( #8 )
  well you better get crackin then
TooTall19

• Total Posts : 689
Re:Are my vitas shoulder buttons broken? - Monday, October 14, 2013 7:59 PM ( #9 )
I think it's how the vita is designed. If you press in around the edges it may not work as well as if you push down more in the center.
SonyStyled

Re:Are my vitas shoulder buttons broken? - Tuesday, October 15, 2013 12:07 PM ( #10 )
thanks for the input guys. a few more would be helpful. im on the fence about sending it in to sony
SaffronCurse

• Total Posts : 77
Re:Are my vitas shoulder buttons broken? - Wednesday, October 16, 2013 4:26 PM ( #11 )
Show us a Video of you pressing down on them, it's really hard to see if they're actually broken. The triggers on the vita are pretty loose as well so it's normal.
prodigal_twit

• Total Posts : 366
Re:Are my vitas shoulder buttons broken? - Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:07 PM ( #12 )
I think definitely something wrong with your console shoulder buttons. You shouldn't have to press down a bit harder to get it to work, you just need to press it normally and it should respond fine. Should've done it a long time ago, get Sony on it.  

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread