Why is no-one talking about The Wolf Among Us?

Picnic

• Total Posts : 165
  • Reward points : 0
Why is no-one talking about The Wolf Among Us? - Friday, October 18, 2013 7:54 AM ( #1 )
It launched within the last week. It's had very good reviews on PSN, there's a free demo and then it's only £3.99 for the first episode.
When it starts off it looks like it might be standard cel-shading, nice but often used now. But when I got slightly more in to it, I found that some of the interior scenes took on a Tintin comic book type of visual quality. And the story is refreshingly quirky, although you have to get over that you don't know what your motivations are early on - it's about building up a mystery not just of what you are trying to solve but what all your motivations are in general as a character - plus more action for a game of this type than there usually is.

-MD-

• Total Posts : 8196
Re:Why is no-one talking about The Wolf Among Us? - Friday, October 18, 2013 1:34 PM ( #2 )
Well I loved Walking Dead, it was my 2nd favorite game last year so I've been looking forward to this. The problem is, when I bought Walking Dead at launch for $25 it was already 50% off by the time the 2nd episode rolled around.

So I'm waiting for all the episodes to be released before I jump in.
Lukas_Japonicus

• Total Posts : 670
Re:Why is no-one talking about The Wolf Among Us? - Friday, October 18, 2013 2:14 PM ( #3 )
Because next gen is almost out, people aren't talking about anything but next gen....and gta5.
TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4403
Re:Why is no-one talking about The Wolf Among Us? - Friday, October 18, 2013 4:55 PM ( #4 )
Lukas_Japonicus

Because next gen is almost out, people aren't talking about anything but next gen....and gta5.

This is the reason right here.
thorstein

• Total Posts : 438
Re:Why is no-one talking about The Wolf Among Us? - Friday, October 18, 2013 5:53 PM ( #5 )
  Dunno. It looks fantastic. But I am playing GTAV so much right now. Next Up is Beyond 2 Souls. When will I have time? I want to support them.
Picnic

• Total Posts : 165
Re:Why is no-one talking about The Wolf Among Us? - Thursday, October 24, 2013 7:40 AM ( #6 )
Is it also because it has a title that smacks of 'The Last of Us was brilliant wasn't it? This game has a title a bit like that'. It's like 'Everyone's gone to the rapture'. Rapture? The only thing I think of is Bioshock.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread