Brasil Game Show - kon2 impressions.

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
kon2

• Total Posts : 694
  • Reward points : 0
Brasil Game Show - kon2 impressions. - Saturday, October 26, 2013 1:34 PM ( #1 )
Hey guys, I'll be dropping my N4G persona for a little bit to talk about the BGS, the biggest gaming expo in South America. 

I went there today (I couldn't stay for too long because my foot is injured), played with some next-gen games and I'm here to give my impressions.

First I was a little bit shocked  by how big the difference between the PS4 and Xbox One stands were. Xbox stand was easily the biggest stand in the whole show, and it made a big difference. 

The stand had all launch Xbox One games for you to play. I played just some of them.

RYSE: In my opinion the prettiest game in the whole show, and one of the prettiest games I've seen. The gameplay is very smooth and the sound of the game is amazing. One thing that had me worried was the frame rate drops. I've seen the game drop to single digits in more than one occasion. Let's hope this will be fixed.

FORZA 5 I was very impressed with the game's graphics and controls. A very noticeable jump from Forza 4. The game was running at 60fps all the times.

Kinect Sports Rivals: I didn't have the chance to play it, but I saw a woman playing with the Kinect and recorded a little bit. The Kinect itself had little input lag, and I was impressed by it.

The Xbox One is way, way smaller than what I've thought.

And yes, all games were running on the Xbox One, no Nvidia PCs around.

I spent little time on the Sony booth but I saw both Drive Club and Killzone up close.

Driveclub I was disappointed by this game. The graphics weren't very good and the game had a serious aliasing problem. The gameplay was a mix between arcade and simulator. It's very fun to play.

Killzone The second prettiest game on the show in my opinion (one of the pretties FPSs I've ever seen too) I was very impressed by its graphics and steady framerate. The people on the show seemed to be enjoying the game too.

I also took a bunch of images and I'm sharing them with you guys:
(Nintendo was nowhere to be seen)

RYSE MAIN MENU

MASERATI CAR ON XBOX STAND (THEY ACTUALLY TURNED ON A COUPLE OF TIMES, EACH TIME ATTRACTING A HUGE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE)

XBOX ONE - MADE IN BRAZIL (SLIGHT JAB AT SONY PERHAPS?)

ACTIVISON STAND HAD THE BIGGEST CONCENTRATION OF KIDS IN THE SHOW

GRAN TURISMO 6 HAD THIS SLS IN IT (THIS WAS OUTSIDE SONY BOOTH THIS IS WHY I DIDN'T MENTION IT BACK THERE)

THEY WERE HAVING A HEATHSTONE TOURNAMENT THERE TOO, CROWD WASN'T AS PUMPED AS THE LOL TOURNAMENT ONE BUT STILL HAD SOME FUN. DIABLO 3 FOR CONSOLES WAS THERE TOO

FORMULA 1 CAR WITH NEED FOR SPEED RIVALS

THE CROWD WAS GOING WILD WITH THE LEAGUE OF LEGENDS TOURNAMENT, EASILY THE MOST VIBRANT CROWD IN THE WHOLE SHOW

XBOX ONE BUS SITTING OUTSIDE THE CONVENTION CENTER

Other games that I forgot to take a pic: Battlefield 4, Watch_Dogs, bunch of PSVITA and PSMOVE games, some Korean games, and probably much more. My feet was killing me so I had to go away. I hope you guys enjoyed.

<message edited by kon2 on Saturday, October 26, 2013 1:44 PM>
MattyG

• Total Posts : 3355
Re:Brasil Game Show - kon2 impressions. - Saturday, October 26, 2013 1:57 PM ( #2 )
Hopefully Driveclub's visuals improve after the delay. Probably not, but we'll just have to wait and see.

thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 7018
Re:Brasil Game Show - kon2 impressions. - Saturday, October 26, 2013 2:03 PM ( #3 )
Were you able to get into the F1 car?

kon2

Re:Brasil Game Show - kon2 impressions. - Saturday, October 26, 2013 2:04 PM ( #4 )
Nope. Looked very fun though.
WildArmed

• Total Posts : 10162
Re:Brasil Game Show - kon2 impressions. - Saturday, October 26, 2013 11:08 PM ( #5 )
LOL @ The sony GTA6 booth.. all empty

Serves them right for basically re-hashing GTA5 and selling it as GTA6

Kenshin_BATT0USAI

• Total Posts : 10857
Re:Brasil Game Show - kon2 impressions. - Saturday, October 26, 2013 11:30 PM ( #6 )
WildArmed

GTA = Grand Theft Auto

GT = Gran Turismo. 

And dude, there were people everywhere there look in the background there are two layers of fences demo units around the GT car. Just three unoccupied.

<message edited by Kenshin_BATT0USAI on Saturday, October 26, 2013 11:39 PM>
Formerly Known as Hellbringer. PSN: KenshinBATT0USAI 3DS: 2895-6892-5663 Steam: Vashlion
kon2

Re:Brasil Game Show - kon2 impressions. - Sunday, October 27, 2013 2:18 AM ( #7 )
Go to sleep skv.
DaThreats

• Total Posts : 1596
Re:Brasil Game Show - kon2 impressions. - Sunday, October 27, 2013 2:51 AM ( #8 )
WildArmed

It's not rehashing..
It's been 2 years since their last release, they improved on graphics, physics and A.I.
And provided more content

Also, look at the vid just released from Evolution Studios, the graphics for Driveclub are looking better or as good than Forza 5 with better next gen features from the light, light reflection and weather.

-MD-

• Total Posts : 8196
Re:Brasil Game Show - kon2 impressions. - Sunday, October 27, 2013 2:54 AM ( #9 )
Cool thread, wish you woulda got more footage though.
kon2

Re:Brasil Game Show - kon2 impressions. - Sunday, October 27, 2013 2:56 AM ( #10 )
Me too, there was some amazing things there and I forgot to film them.
WildArmed

Re:Brasil Game Show - kon2 impressions. - Sunday, October 27, 2013 4:27 AM ( #11 )

@GTA6 

LOOL, didn't realize I wrote GTA6 instead of GT6. 

kon2

Go to sleep skv.

Ok :(

But looks like you had fun, what was your 'game of the show'

But more importantly, what game was your 'biggest surprise' (a game that was waaay under your radar / unheard of, but you came out anticipating it like crazy)

TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4403
Re:Brasil Game Show - kon2 impressions. - Sunday, October 27, 2013 8:22 AM ( #12 )
Thanks for the info Kon! One of these days I need to get to a games show. 
ShAkKa

• Total Posts : 5909
Re:Brasil Game Show - kon2 impressions. - Sunday, October 27, 2013 10:21 AM ( #13 )
What is this "Brasil" you speak of?

America Phuck Yeah!

kon2

Re:Brasil Game Show - kon2 impressions. - Sunday, October 27, 2013 12:46 PM ( #14 )
Ryse was the game of the show in my opinion.

I was surprised by Killzone, the game looks great and it is fun! Got to keep an eye out for that one.
thebudgetgamer

• Total Posts : 7018
Re:Brasil Game Show - kon2 impressions. - Sunday, October 27, 2013 12:48 PM ( #15 )

kon2

I was surprised by Killzone, the game looks great and it is fun! Got to keep an eye out for that one.

What games did you want to try but we're not able to pay? 
<message edited by thebudgetgamer on Sunday, October 27, 2013 12:57 PM>

MattyG

Re:Brasil Game Show - kon2 impressions. - Sunday, October 27, 2013 12:54 PM ( #16 )
kon2

did you get hands on with Killzone?

kon2

Re:Brasil Game Show - kon2 impressions. - Sunday, October 27, 2013 1:50 PM ( #17 )
There was a pretty big line for it so I didn't. But I did see people playing it and it seemed pretty cool.
MattyG

Re:Brasil Game Show - kon2 impressions. - Sunday, October 27, 2013 2:04 PM ( #18 )
kon2

There was a pretty big line for it so I didn't. But I did see people playing it and it seemed pretty cool.

Single player or multiplayer? I heard the singleplayer framerate is unlocked running at 30-60. I hope it's steady for the most part, not dipping all over the place.

WildArmed

Re:Brasil Game Show - kon2 impressions. - Sunday, October 27, 2013 2:26 PM ( #19 )
kon2

No Indie or recently announced games that blew you away? :( I'm kinda disappointed. Would have loved to hear more about games that aren't getting crazy media coverage (KZ and Ryse are getting more than their fair share lol)

kon2

Re:Brasil Game Show - kon2 impressions. - Sunday, October 27, 2013 2:29 PM ( #20 )
There were almost no indie games there sadly. Most indie games were from Korean companies though.

@Mattyg Multiplayer.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread