Ryse: Son of Rome HYPE THREAD. Repeating, HYPE THREAD.

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 51 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
kon2

• Total Posts : 694
  • Reward points : 0
Ryse: Son of Rome HYPE THREAD. Repeating, HYPE THREAD. - Monday, November 04, 2013 7:58 PM ( #1 )

Developed exclusively for Xbox One by renowned studio Crytek, “Ryse: Son of Rome” is an immersive action-adventure story of struggle, brutality and heroism. It follows a fearless Roman soldier named Marius Titus who joins the army to avenge the slaying of his family and emerges as a hero who must fight to save the Roman Empire.

“Ryse: Son of Rome” presents a cinematic re-creation of the Roman Empire, its people, conflicts and landscapes in breathtaking detail that represents the graphical benchmark for the next console generation. It brings the brutality and intensity of Roman warfare to life in visceral detail, thrusting you into the chaos of close-quarters combat, where the emotion on the enemy’s face can be seen and felt.

Showcasing the possibilities of Xbox One, “Ryse: Son of Rome” extends the gameplay experience with unique features such as Xbox SmartGlass, Game DVR and the new high- fidelity Kinect, letting you manage your character’s progress with your compatible mobile or tablet device, record and share your best gameplay moments with friends, and command legions with the sound of your voice.

Features:

A riveting story of Roman revenge 
“Ryse: Son of Rome” tells the story of the young Roman soldier Marius Titus who witnesses the murder of his family at the hands of barbarian bandits. Seeking revenge, he travels with the Roman army to Britannia where he proves himself a soldier of phenomenal skill and quickly rises through the ranks. As Marius leads the army against the barbarian horde, his quest unravels and he discovers that he must return to Rome to find his vengeance.

Next-generation cinematic immersion 
With the power of Xbox One, “Ryse: Son of Rome” presents conflict in the Roman Empire like you’ve never seen it before, from the northern reaches of Britannia to the Coliseum and the very heart of Rome. New advancements in performance capture allow you to interact with believably realistic characters featuring incredibly detailed facial animation and naturalistic emotion.

Brutally intense combat 
“Ryse: Son of Rome” delivers a visceral, brutally realistic combat experience with epic-scale battles and breathtaking visuals that will set the standard for next-generation action games. Relive the ruthless history of ancient Rome as you engage in raw close-quarters combat against the barbarian horde, utilizing both sword and shield as weapons to attack, counter, block and pull off brutal executions.

Epic-scale Roman warfare 
Experience the thrill of Roman combat as you charge into massive battlefields filled with more than 100 characters on screen at the same time, each with individually controlled AI. Unmatched intensity and realism enhanced with stunning detail combine to deliver an incredibly immersive action experience.

Cooperative gladiatorial combat in the Coliseum 
The cooperative multiplayer experience in “Ryse: Son of Rome” plunges you into the brutal world of gladiatorial combat, where you enter the Coliseum to fight side-by-side with your friends against an ever-changing array of enemies, to the roar of thousands of spectators.

Kinect integration and battle formations 
Command legions using the all-new, high-fidelity Kinect. With the power of your voice you can command your surrounding units in battle in a strategic way to help defeat your foes, fire pilums or arrows, or block incoming attacks.

Inventive SmartGlass features 
“Ryse: Son of Rome” incorporates deep SmartGlass integration that extends the gameplay experience to compatible mobile and tablet devices with features such as the following:
 Deep link. Launch “Ryse: Son of Rome” from SmartGlass directly into the campaign.
 Game DVR. Review and share the best experiences from your game with friends directly from your SmartGlass device.
 Context-sensitive Achievements guide and help. Achievements hints and game tips are synched to your location and situation.
 Character management. Manage inventory, character and upgrades direct from SmartGlass.

Videos

Gallery

<message edited by kon2 on Wednesday, November 06, 2013 3:05 PM>
Convas

• Total Posts : 2467
Re:Ryse: Son of Rome Επίσημη νήμα - Monday, November 04, 2013 8:40 PM ( #2 )
Welp.

From the Atlanta Xbox One Tour

I had a lot of fun with the multiplayer in Ryse and I'm really looking forward to the campaign. Once you get the hang of blocking and stringing together shield and blade attack with executions, there's no turning back.

There's supposedly new footage coming this week. Updated build of MP with gore and blood. Should be good!
(Steam: Ricky Ricardo)(Origin: Convas)(PSN/XBL: Convas)
MattyG

• Total Posts : 3346
Re:Ryse: Son of Rome Επίσημη νήμα - Monday, November 04, 2013 9:00 PM ( #3 )
I hope this game does well. We need more games that utilize history in cool ways. If I had to pick one game to buy an Xbox One for, this would probably be it. 
<message edited by MattyG on Monday, November 04, 2013 9:01 PM>

acemonkey

• Total Posts : 3026
Re:Ryse: Son of Rome Επίσημη νήμα - Monday, November 04, 2013 9:19 PM ( #4 )

when i think of the MP....but then again pax was a while ago lol
Letros

• Total Posts : 1263
Re:Ryse: Son of Rome Επίσημη νήμα - Monday, November 04, 2013 9:35 PM ( #5 )
This is definitely the best looking launch game between both consoles, lets hope it plays out well too. The story seems interesting from what they've shown, I think they are doing a live action web series.

Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11832
Re:Ryse: Son of Rome Επίσημη νήμα - Monday, November 04, 2013 9:54 PM ( #6 )
I honestly don't see what the hype is about with this game. 

Satanas

• Total Posts : 13047
Re:Ryse: Son of Rome Επίσημη νήμα - Monday, November 04, 2013 10:12 PM ( #7 )
MattyG

I hope this game does well. We need more games that utilize history in cool ways. If I had to pick one game to buy an Xbox One for, this would probably be it. 

This and Crimson Dragon are the launch titles across the two systems I'm looking forward to. This one is graphically impressive looking, for the Xbox One at least, and the Panzer Dragoon series was great - Orta on Xbox is a great memory of mine.
FAT MAN GO BOOM

• Total Posts : 15362
Re:Ryse: Son of Rome Επίσημη νήμα - Monday, November 04, 2013 10:21 PM ( #8 )
 I like this historic setting for sure and think this game would have a greater chance if it was first designed from the ground up as a game to be controlled just with the controller… since this game was first designed for the lion share of its development life as a Connect Game… I think it will fall flat in the end and it will end up scoring much lower then people think it will… 

I know with MS NDA in effect till Launch day I don;t think we will see reviews on this game any time soon… 

I would go with caution on this game if I was buying it and let others take the risk… before I jumped in… 

Hope it turns out well though…if it is popular enough I hope other developers will follow their lead and start looking at historical time periods for games and alternate reality games… what not… 

We will see till the NDA is up…  have to go with what the IGN guys said in the video… it is hard to find anything kind to say about it… 

Graphics look good but come off it… it is crytech…. They are very heavily into making pretty games … they are for sure Graphics over gameplay type company….

That being said… I hope it turns out well and gamer money is not wasted…  because of NDA would not be the first time that did that… lots of companies seem to be doing that more and more… only people it hurts are gamers… and that just sucks… 
<message edited by FAT MAN GO BOOM on Monday, November 04, 2013 10:22 PM>
[ali
kon2

Re:Ryse: Son of Rome Επίσημη νήμα - Tuesday, November 05, 2013 10:58 AM ( #9 )
Live action series released, first episode posted on the OP.
Picnic

• Total Posts : 165
Re:Ryse: Son of Rome Επίσημη νήμα - Wednesday, November 06, 2013 7:59 AM ( #10 )
Haters will be haters but I see this game getting reviews ranging from 60% (mainly because of overblown PC demos instead of showing what the Xbox One graphics are actually like) up to 85% with an average of about 80%.
MiloGarret

• Total Posts : 1366
Re:Ryse: Son of Rome Επίσημη νήμα - Wednesday, November 06, 2013 9:52 AM ( #11 )
Eiffel

Looks nice, is fun. I think that's pretty much it. 
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
WildArmed

• Total Posts : 10057
Re:Ryse: Son of Rome Επίσημη νήμα - Wednesday, November 06, 2013 1:39 PM ( #12 )
MiloGarret

Eiffel

Looks nice, is fun. I think that's pretty much it. 

Fixed.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ryse_son_of_rome/b/xboxone/archive/2013/11/06/ryse-son-of-rome-is-as-fun-as-dialing-phone-numbers.aspx

Although, you did get to play Ryse right? And from what I remember you said nothing was good about next-gen games at all
<message edited by WildArmed on Wednesday, November 06, 2013 1:44 PM>

Convas

Re:Ryse: Son of Rome Επίσημη νήμα - Wednesday, November 06, 2013 1:49 PM ( #13 )
Convas
  I had a lot of fun with the multiplayer in Ryse

Game Informer editor is not me. I am not the Game Informer editor. 

There will be plenty of people who find Ryse's combat to be lacking and less complex than they imagine it should be and others who enjoy it for what it is, a hack n slash set in a unique time period that's pretty (gruesome).

Ryse has never set about to give people the impression the combat was super deep or complicated. 
SmokeyMcBear

• Total Posts : 14748
Re:Ryse: Son of Rome Επίσημη νήμα - Wednesday, November 06, 2013 1:52 PM ( #14 )
would you say it seems like it was meant for kinect? As a kinect game would it be pretty awesome?

All work and no play.. makes odion go something something
WildArmed

• Total Posts : 10057
Re:Ryse: Son of Rome Επίσημη νήμα - Wednesday, November 06, 2013 2:15 PM ( #15 )

Btw, how is the multiplayer? How does it compared to GoW multiplayer?  

@Convas

I find it funny that people would play a H&S game w/o any depth. That's like saying we should play a raceing game were you can't turn and you only go straight? 

A lot of the reviews have found Ryse combat to be rudimentary. I hope it's changed since then, because I've played DragonBall Z Rising. The combat was very basic... and after a battle or two.. everything felt the same. I just hope Ryse doesn't suffer the same problem. 

kon2

This is a hype thread not a ruin thread.

I believe it's a discussion thread, not hype or ruin.

<message edited by WildArmed on Wednesday, November 06, 2013 2:18 PM>

kon2

Re:Ryse: Son of Rome Επίσημη νήμα - Wednesday, November 06, 2013 2:42 PM ( #16 )
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/11/06/ryse-son-of-romes-redemption 

IGN liked the game (they must get paid by Microsoft right?)
Satanas

• Total Posts : 13047
Re:Ryse: Son of Rome Επίσημη νήμα - Wednesday, November 06, 2013 6:47 PM ( #17 )
kon2

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/11/06/ryse-son-of-romes-redemption 

IGN liked the game (they must get paid by Microsoft right?)

While I personally think the game looks fun, and I also think it's hilarious how people will just hate everything about a game or website because it's not a PS4 exclusive, it's very illogical and bizarre of you to demand that people only come into this thread to hype the game and not give any sort of negative comments. That makes no sense.

It looks good, but there's plenty to be skeptical about. I personally wonder whether it'll even keep a solid frame rate.
MiloGarret

Re:Ryse: Son of Rome Επίσημη νήμα - Thursday, November 07, 2013 2:35 AM ( #18 )
WildArmed

Although, you did get to play Ryse right? And from what I remember you said nothing was good about next-gen games at all 

To clarify, what I said was the following: 

"Best looking game I saw today, no contest. Gameplay is ok, the animations are a little wonky but the core gameplay is basic hack n' slash with some brutal executions blended in. Seems fun, the only game coming out now that I'm even moderately interested in. Not worth buying an Xbone on its own though. There's just nothing about it that feels like a I must-have. Very buggy version, I hope they fix it for release... Tried the Arena mode, which is basically like Shadow of Rome, a PS2 game I remember liking."  

EDIT: I'm not sure I'm getting some of the criticism concerning repetetiveness... Beat em' ups and hack n' slash games are repetitive by nature, very few of them actually require you to use more than a few given movesets. Take Ninja Gaiden, yes, you have many options to choose from concerning weapons and such, but the combos you actually end up using are few and the button commands are very similar or the same. Any variation that arises is based on the player's own initiative and, of course, difficulty level. Try playing NGS2 on normal and, excepting some parts where e.g. bow and arrow is required, you can basically complete the game by using the block button properly and mashing strong attacks in the proper time. 

Now, the old DMC games did actually require you to play varied in order to gain more point for upgrades, but again, that was by choice. I'm guessing the same applies to this game and I'm curios how gaming sites are arriving to this conclusion so quickly. 

A lot of people are complaining about the executions and button prompts, but I don't see how that is any different from obliteration techniques in the Ninja Gaiden games where you injure an enemy then execute him with a single button press. The only difference here is that after initiating that first button press, you're able to gain extra XP/HP/Focus by inputting additional button prompts. 

I've only spent a short time with the game but it seemed fun, I guess I'd need to play more of it to form a proper opinion. 

TL;DR Waa waa waa why wont you like what I like?
<message edited by MiloGarret on Thursday, November 07, 2013 4:37 AM>
MiloGarret

Re:Ryse: Son of Rome HYPE THREAD. Repeating, HYPE THREAD. - Thursday, November 07, 2013 7:10 AM ( #19 )
Double post, deal with it, I'm sick and have nothing to do. Gamespot is clearly paid off too. 

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ryse-are-you-not-entertained/1100-6415901/

Convas

Re:Ryse: Son of Rome HYPE THREAD. Repeating, HYPE THREAD. - Thursday, November 07, 2013 11:22 AM ( #20 )
Hype Thread? Hype Thread.

Kon needs to stop being a pansy. How're we supposed to update the damn thread now?

<message edited by Convas on Thursday, November 07, 2013 11:24 AM>
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 51 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread