Now that Next gens are days away from starting

FAT MAN GO BOOM

• Total Posts : 15362
  • Reward points : 0
Now that Next gens are days away from starting - Thursday, November 07, 2013 2:22 AM ( #1 )
What is your most anticipated game out of the entire next gen... even if the games not announced or show... even if it is an old school game... what game are you looking forward to the most....

This is the game that is compelling you to buy next gen...   this is the game that you think if your Game of the generation...

Xbox One or PS4 it does not matter it is not about one or the other system it is about the games... Pick you must all... the be all... the Game of the Future....

You can pick up to three but in the end you have to pick just ONE GAME...  no series, just a game... 

Mine are 

1. Fallout 4
2. Red Dead 3
3. Destiny 

Over all pick.

Destiny wins for me...   I am so jazzed about this game... I can't wait to see get to see more of the story... I think this game is going to be a new benchmark for FPS... It is going to make other FPS have more Depth, more RPG elements and WAY WAY WAY better stories...

This is going to be massive in scope... it will mean less of FPS that rushed out the door in 2 years or less... it will me more time, better quality and lots of depth...

It is time they blend blend blend FPS and RPG  

Destiny is going to be a huge deal for the FPS genre... A game that changes the genre like Goldeneye did and Halo CE...

That is my 2 cents... even though we don;t have pennies an more in Canada...

What is your game???
[ali
Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11832
Re:Now that Next gens are days away from starting - Thursday, November 07, 2013 2:27 AM ( #2 )
Battlefront 3
Fallout 4
Reset
Destiny
Doom 4  
Star Citizen

That's about it.  

<message edited by Eiffel on Thursday, November 07, 2013 2:32 AM>

TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4403
Re:Now that Next gens are days away from starting - Thursday, November 07, 2013 2:30 AM ( #3 )

I can't pick just 3 Fatman!

Battlefield 4 
Fallout 4
GTA VI
Elder Scrolls 6
Destiny
RDR sequel
Halo 5
Dead Rising 3
Killzone SF
Day Z
Battlefront 3
Just off the top of my head.

My PSN ID is: xNocturnus    XBL Tag is: xX Nocturnus Xx
Pandamobile

• Total Posts : 1709
Re:Now that Next gens are days away from starting - Thursday, November 07, 2013 2:47 AM ( #4 )
Is it just me or has anybody else felt like the hype for this launch is not nearly as high as I expected it to be? Outside of N4G, I never really see any sort of interest in the Xbox One or PS4.
Eiffel

• Total Posts : 11832
Re:Now that Next gens are days away from starting - Thursday, November 07, 2013 2:51 AM ( #5 )
Pandamobile

Is it just me or has anybody else felt like the hype for this launch is not nearly as high as I expected it to be? Outside of N4G, I never really see any sort of interest in the Xbox One or PS4.

No one I know is really talking about either. Not really surprising.

Xbox One you've got what? Forza, Dead Rising 3, Ryse...other games? PS4 Knack, Killzone, and bunch of year or two old F2P games? Not too compelling.  I'll be waiting around for the slim variant when it hits the stores, at least by then a decent library will be established. 
<message edited by Eiffel on Thursday, November 07, 2013 2:55 AM>

DragonPs4

• Total Posts : 530
Re:Now that Next gens are days away from starting - Thursday, November 07, 2013 3:06 AM ( #6 )
Killzone
Thief
Diablo 3

and i'll choose a few more 

Wolfenstein
Dying Light
Infamous Second Son
Shadow Warrior

All of those games and more makes me excited for next gen. 
Chard

• Total Posts : 503
Re:Now that Next gens are days away from starting - Thursday, November 07, 2013 4:05 AM ( #7 )
Overall pick: Final Fantasy XV

To say it's been a long time coming is an understatement. Hopefully it captures everything good about Final Fantasy.

Others;
Titanfall - from the developers of COD4/MW2, my favourite multiplayer shooters of this gen.
Zelda U - One of my favourite franchises and one of the few remaining classic Nintendo franchises that still excite me.
MGSV:TPP - I can't wait to see what based Kojima has in store for us.
Star Wars Battlefront - So much potential.
Mario Kart 8 - Nostalgia factor. Probably the only racer that would interest me, and more so for battle mode.
Naughty Dog's next game - whatever it is. They've earned my money already.
Half-Life 3 - whenever it's confirmed.
<message edited by Chard on Thursday, November 07, 2013 4:11 AM>

tdogchristy90

• Total Posts : 481
Re:Now that Next gens are days away from starting - Thursday, November 07, 2013 7:03 AM ( #8 )
Definitely agree with Destiny. I can't really put my finger on it but something about it has me as excited and inthralled as halo was with its trilogy. 

But my major "going to make me finally jump into next gen" is mirrors edge. I can't believe no one has mentioned it yet. I'm Soo HYPED!

So yeah both destiny and mirrors edge with mirrors edge having a slight edge in excitement. 
timmyp53

• Total Posts : 2714
Re:Now that Next gens are days away from starting - Thursday, November 07, 2013 7:55 AM ( #9 )
FAT MAN GO BOOM

This is going to be massive in scope... it will mean less of FPS that rushed out the door in 2 years or less... it will me more time, better quality and lots of depth... 

It is time they blend blend blend FPS and RPG  

Destiny is going to be a huge deal for the FPS genre... A game that changes the genre like Goldeneye did and Halo CE...

That is my 2 cents... even though we don;t have pennies an more in Canada...

What is your game???

Yeah it looks really good. I can't decide about what my game is though.
ShAkKa

• Total Posts : 5897
Re:Now that Next gens are days away from starting - Thursday, November 07, 2013 8:20 AM ( #10 )
inFAMOUS Second Son

That's about it, I'll get more excited about new consoles when Naughty Dog, Rockstar and SSM announce their next projects. 

^Oh and Criterion announcing a new Paradise like Burnout.

<message edited by ShAkKa on Thursday, November 07, 2013 8:24 AM>

Mr Tretton

• Total Posts : 2528
Re:Now that Next gens are days away from starting - Thursday, November 07, 2013 10:30 AM ( #11 )
As far as what has been announced and shown

The Witcher 3
MGSV
Titanfall

Hoping MGSV does in fact come to PC, because that is my next gen system.

MidnytRain

• Total Posts : 3482
Re:Now that Next gens are days away from starting - Thursday, November 07, 2013 10:40 AM ( #12 )
ShAkKa

inFAMOUS Second Son

That's about it, I'll get more excited about new consoles when Naughty Dog, Rockstar and SSM announce their next projects. 

^Oh and Criterion announcing a new Paradise like Burnout.

This 

DragonPS4

That new Wolfenstein gameplay reminds me more of Killzone 2 than Shadowfall does, so I'm pretty interested in it.
<message edited by MidnytRain on Thursday, November 07, 2013 10:42 AM>
FAT MAN GO BOOM

• Total Posts : 15362
Re:Now that Next gens are days away from starting - Thursday, November 07, 2013 10:44 PM ( #13 )
Great thanks for posting guys... lots of great games that I like the look of and I have missed as well...

Eiffel you mentioned Star Citizen  and that is a great looking game... 

I like that games like this are pushing boundaries for sure where some of the larger companies are not wanting to take the risk... It is nice to see games that are innovative are still being explored...  When one is made though I am sure it will be scooped up by the larger companies and then milked...

That said...
I don;t see one bad game so that is nice... can't wait.. 
[ali

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message