Certain questions regarding the PS4

Rahim92

• Total Posts : 72
  • Reward points : 0
Certain questions regarding the PS4 - Sunday, November 10, 2013 1:03 PM ( #1 )
Hey guys, I had a couple of questions regarding the PS4:

1. Will the PS Store on PS4 only offer PS Plus stuff since a PS Plus membership is required?

2. What about the PSN titles that are only on PS3? Will they be playable on PS4 since it doesn't support backwards compatibility.

3. How come the mandatory installs for games are are so damn big? Are they mandatory installs or full games? If mandatory installs then I wonder how big the full games are?

Thanks!
timmyp53

• Total Posts : 2714
Re:Certain questions regarding the PS4 - Sunday, November 10, 2013 1:26 PM ( #2 )
1. Hmm not sure if I understand question. PS+ gives you online multiplayer. You can still access the PS store without it. There probably will be free game trials and things of that nature that are exclusive to plus but its practically the same as now.
2.No you cant play ps3 games on the ps4 even if they are digital. No backwards compatibility digital or disc based. Streaming the game in the future will be possible. Sony is using Gaikai for this. The pricing scheme for that has not yet been revealed.
3. Tons of possible reasons. Uncompressed data now more viable since xbox one has a bluray drive. Bigger common denominator. 
-   I think there will be mandatory installs for some games but some games will cache the data as you play. So just be sure you have the space     it says is required on back.    
- To combat piracy? Lol

Emilio_Estevez

• Total Posts : 2095
Re:Certain questions regarding the PS4 - Monday, November 11, 2013 12:35 PM ( #3 )
http://n4g.com/news/1391476

All games are installed to the HDD completely. The PS4 and X1 don't actually play games from the discs, but rather the HDD only according to this. So they are indeed mandatory. 

Just saw this and remembered seeing the question here.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread