Good settings for Twitch..help

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 30 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
timmyp53

• Total Posts : 2733
  • Reward points : 0
Good settings for Twitch..help - Sunday, November 17, 2013 4:18 PM ( #1 )
I can't find the right settings for twitch. I'm using OBS and DXtory but cant figure out the right settings. I have a pretty decent pc. Cant even manage 30fps at 480p. I have a 10-11 mb upload speed. Bizarre.
RockmanII7

• Total Posts : 2584
Re:Good settings for Twitch..help - Sunday, November 17, 2013 5:34 PM ( #2 )
Everyone I know streams with Xsplit on Twitch, try using that and see if you can get better results.
wishingW3L

• Total Posts : 1091
Re:Good settings for Twitch..help - Sunday, November 17, 2013 6:12 PM ( #3 )
how much upload do you have? I used to stream back in the day with only 512kbps but only 2D games like Megaman X and became quite popular but for 3D games you need more bitrate and high frame-rate. So 1MB of upload minimum. Go test your connection and if you have less than that then forget about your dreams of streaming until better internet.
timmyp53

Re:Good settings for Twitch..help - Sunday, November 17, 2013 6:37 PM ( #4 )

<message edited by timmyp53 on Sunday, November 17, 2013 6:59 PM>
WildArmed

• Total Posts : 10162
Re:Good settings for Twitch..help - Sunday, November 17, 2013 6:47 PM ( #5 )
^FYI, I wouldn't so publicly put up my IP like that. 

Your IP is listed on the bottom left. 

AuToFiRE

• Total Posts : 11591
Re:Good settings for Twitch..help - Sunday, November 17, 2013 6:59 PM ( #6 )
WildArmed

Yeah I agree with you, Im actually scanning his computer network for vulnerabilities right now.

RSI: AuTo   
Feel free to add me, just let me know you are from N4G
@cl1983 No.
timmyp53

Re:Good settings for Twitch..help - Sunday, November 17, 2013 7:05 PM ( #7 )
AuToFiRE

WildArmed

Yeah I agree with you, Im actually scanning his computer network for vulnerabilities right now.

Oops. How worried should i be about that? lol. No but seriously back on topic. I have a gtx 680 and a 4130 oc to 4.2ghz. im so frustrated
AuToFiRE

Re:Good settings for Twitch..help - Sunday, November 17, 2013 7:10 PM ( #8 )
timmyp53

AuToFiRE

WildArmed

Oops. How worried should i be about that? lol. No but seriously back on topic. I have a gtx 680 and a 4130 oc to 4.2ghz. im so frustrated

Im a good guy. If I find any problems i'll usually let you know lol

I have never personally been able to set up a successful broadcast, its not the hardware, its just the program. 

@cl1983 No.
timmyp53

Re:Good settings for Twitch..help - Sunday, November 17, 2013 7:13 PM ( #9 )

I have never personally been able to set up a successful broadcast, its not the hardware, its just the program. 

=( anyone else have suggestions
wishingW3L

Re:Good settings for Twitch..help - Sunday, November 17, 2013 7:22 PM ( #10 )
holy crap, you really do have that much upload! With that you can stream high def at 60 fps without breaking a sweat! But is not recommended because then many viewers that have less than 10MB of downstream will not be able to watch your stream. I think that with 2-3MB is more than enough.

Use Xsplit (because that's the only one I know) if not then just try to pur the bit-rate for sound ad video on the one you're using:

for sound use "128 stereo" if you want really high quality audio but more than that is just a waste of bandwidth because very few people have expensive Bose kind of speakers that could reproduce the quality anyway.

And for video bit-rate at least 1500 to 2000 with (h, x, whatever letter you see here).264 encoding.

This is a total of 2.2MBps which is reasonable but if you want to go elite then keep upping the video bit-rate as much as you want since you have 11MB of upload anyway but this will only put more unnecessary stress on the hardware. Now the final issue is the frame-rate... If you're gonna stream and play from the same computer then 60 frames would be too stressful even for the strongest CPU on the market and you're gonna make the Xsplit to crash constantly, so no more than 30 frames. If you'll stream from console or outside computer then do 60 frames and the stream will run much better.

If this doesn't work then I have no idea what to tell you because it's that simple.
<message edited by wishingW3L on Sunday, November 17, 2013 7:28 PM>
AuToFiRE

Re:Good settings for Twitch..help - Sunday, November 17, 2013 7:26 PM ( #11 )
timmyp53

Yes. Have you opened up port 1935 in your router and firewall? I just queried the port and it doesn't appear to be open.

@cl1983 No.
wishingW3L

Re:Good settings for Twitch..help - Sunday, November 17, 2013 7:33 PM ( #12 )
but your CPU has a crap benchmark, I don't think it'd be able to handle the encoding and game at the same time. Even my laptop has a much better CPU than that!

But to be sure, is this your CPU? http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+FX-4130+Quad-Core
wishingW3L

Re:Good settings for Twitch..help - Sunday, November 17, 2013 7:35 PM ( #13 )

gtx 680
AuToFiRE

timmyp53

Yes. Have you opened up port 1935 in your router and firewall? I just queried the port and it doesn't appear to be open.

since you seem to know so much, do you now anything about openGL programming on C++? Do you know about good sources beside the Blue and Red book?
AuToFiRE

Re:Good settings for Twitch..help - Sunday, November 17, 2013 7:41 PM ( #14 )
wishingW3L

gtx 680
AuToFiRE

timmyp53

since you seem to know so much, do you now anything about openGL programming on C++? Do you know about good sources beside the Blue and Red book?

http://www.amazon.com/Programming-Language-2nd-Brian-Kernighan-ebook/dp/B009ZUZ9FW/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1384738838&sr=1-1

If you look around, you'll find it for a couple dollars instead of a couple 20s

@cl1983 No.
timmyp53

Re:Good settings for Twitch..help - Sunday, November 17, 2013 7:51 PM ( #15 )

asonable but if you want to go elite then keep upping the video bit-rate as much as you want since you have 11MB of upload anyway but this will only put more unnecessary stress on the hardware. Now the final issue is the frame-rate... If you're gonna stream and play from the same computer then 60 frames would be too stressful even for the strongest CPU on the market and you're gonna make the Xsplit to crash constantly, so
AuToFiRE

timmyp53

Lol you little bastard stahp that. Ha I'm currently connected straight to my modem for the best possible connection. How would I go about opening up ports. I remember doing it when I was using my router for some reason but I forgot now. And why does that port need to be opened. Is that port used by twitch or my broadcasting software?
timmyp53

Re:Good settings for Twitch..help - Sunday, November 17, 2013 7:56 PM ( #16 )
wishingW3L

but your CPU has a crap benchmark, I don't think it'd be able to handle the encoding and game at the same time. Even my laptop has a much better CPU than that!

But to be sure, is this your CPU? http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+FX-4130+Quad-Core

Sadly yes I had a 8350 but long story short my clumsiness combined with a ****ty stock cooler caused it to be destroyed. I'm using an ultrafast preset. Maybe it is my cpu... =( I'mma try those settings you suggested then come back with results.
AuToFiRE

Re:Good settings for Twitch..help - Sunday, November 17, 2013 7:58 PM ( #17 )
timmyp53

wishingW3L

Sadly yes I had a 8350 but long story short my clumsiness combined with a ****ty stock cooler caused it to be destroyed. I'm using an ultrafast preset. Maybe it is my cpu... =( I'mma try those settings you suggested then come back with results.

Windows itself has a firewall, head to the control panel and click on firewall and open up the port from there, if you had a router, id say just disable the windows firewall and open the port on the router

@cl1983 No.
timmyp53

Re:Good settings for Twitch..help - Sunday, November 17, 2013 8:12 PM ( #18 )
Would anybody consider viewing my stream as its broadcasting to tell me the quality. I was broadcasting trying to get it to work and he said it was laggy. But when i watched the archived twitch feed it seemed fine with a couple hiccups. 
EDIT: I"M STREAMING NOW

http://www.twitch.tv/timmyp53 

<message edited by timmyp53 on Sunday, November 17, 2013 8:13 PM>
timmyp53

Re:Good settings for Twitch..help - Sunday, November 17, 2013 8:41 PM ( #19 )
So with the lowered bitrate that wishing suggested and an open port. My stream still drops crazy frames. Wouldnt I be aboe to tell if it was my cpu. Wouldn't the game be chugging hard if it couldnt handle the encode?
WildArmed

• Total Posts : 10162
Re:Good settings for Twitch..help - Sunday, November 17, 2013 8:43 PM ( #20 )
I dont see anything....

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 30 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread