XB1 Scared me.. almost to death.

NextGenIsHere

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
XB1 Scared me.. almost to death. - Thursday, November 21, 2013 4:15 PM ( #1 )
I do understand a lot of people will be happy and excited to line up and get their console tonight. And while I will be picking mine up tomorrow around lunch time I have to confess a  traumatic fear I had already with my associates XB1 console (obtained through the Doritos promotion)..

Little inside info about me is that I'm not the most accomplished gamer. I sometimes get laughed at for only ever owning an original Xbox and an Xbox 360 and clearly I've missed out on some golden years pre64bit but that's not the point.. I never had red ring or any problems with my Xbox and I was afraid of that.. Bit this is different. My friend hands me his copy of Madden 25, I asked him if he would like to play against me and he agreed. So I bent down in front of his XB1 (it stands on a small stool like object in front of the TV for ventilation). But heres the thing.. He already had another game inside the console and I'm assuming it was installing (you could hear the drive spinning while it was in the XB UI area. So I hit eject.. It made a rejecting sound. I hit reject again.. And could hear the drive make a noise as if starting to stop.

Im scared now because I don't want to break my friends console in front of him (he'd kill me). Instead I bent down further and the disc was ejected from the XB with a high bit of speed and spin. I want to be dramatic here and say it just missed my shoulder neck area but the disc not a table 4 feet away and  amazingly was still in tact. But I can't help but feel I was a mere inch away from disaster. Long story short I'm scared.. Idk if I should have something sit in front of my XB1 so that it doesn't do this to me at my house but still.. I will also not be ejecting ANYTHING anymore while it may be spinning. My dell computer from 2007 would do the same thing but the tray held it in place. Im not going to try and sound funny.. But this XB1 flung the disc. Anyways everyone please be careful.. Do not bend down in front of it or be an indiot like me.
MattyG

• Total Posts : 3355
Re:XB1 Scared me.. almost to death. - Thursday, November 21, 2013 4:18 PM ( #2 )
BREAKING NEWS: Xbox One attempts to slit man's throat with disc

NextGenIsHere

• Total Posts : 2
Re:XB1 Scared me.. almost to death. - Thursday, November 21, 2013 4:22 PM ( #3 )
I love that my console is very badass but they may need to tone that down just a little. Can laugh at it now but honestly it scared the crap out of me.

My friend also didn't care and he asked me to leave about 15 minutes after
MiloGarret

• Total Posts : 1366
Re:XB1 Scared me.. almost to death. - Friday, November 22, 2013 2:44 AM ( #4 )
NextGenIsHere

I love that my console is very badass but they may need to tone that down just a little. Can laugh at it now but honestly it scared the crap out of me.

My friend also didn't care and he asked me to leave about 15 minutes after

That's a weird thing to mention, or at least the way you said it... Anyway, weird thread will include weird things. 
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
Ingram

• Total Posts : 647
Re:XB1 Scared me.. almost to death. - Friday, November 22, 2013 10:23 AM ( #5 )
ELpork

• Total Posts : 1
Re:XB1 Scared me.. almost to death. - Friday, November 22, 2013 10:31 AM ( #6 )
That is hilarious! I mean, crappy that you almost got ganked in the process, but damn!!

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread