and the award for most underrated game this year goes to .......

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
mic_cala

• Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 0
and the award for most underrated game this year goes to ....... - Monday, December 16, 2013 3:15 PM ( #1 )
Beyond : two souls !!

This game is frikin awesome everything about is frikin great.

Still havent finished but would say im close to the end and I jsut cant understand the piss poor reviews it got.

Everything is top notch, iv been utterly engrossed since the start.

What did u guys think of it ? Like it or hate it post ur reasons.

But yea people and major sites complain about games like COD but keep buying them and giving it high scores then something original comes by amd its gets slammed and no one buys it. And peoplw wonder why there no innovation these day.

If ur on the fence like I was because of the reviews, dont be just go buy it, definantly deserves ur cash.
xHeavYx

• Total Posts : 941
Re:and the award for most underrated game this year goes to ....... - Monday, December 16, 2013 3:29 PM ( #2 )
I loved Beyond, but it's not for everyone. I think most of the hate comes from people who enjoy shooting everything that moves on the screen
theinkandpen

• Total Posts : 174
Re:and the award for most underrated game this year goes to ....... - Monday, December 16, 2013 3:55 PM ( #3 )
Unfortunately I couldn't play the last two Quantic titles, since they've decided to concentrate fully on consoles. I loved Indigo Prophecy so I still hope they'll be released for PC one day...

They have a better MoCap studio than Ubisoft imo, still inferior to the defunct Team Bondi (see "Whore of the Orient") but top stuff
mic_cala

Re:and the award for most underrated game this year goes to ....... - Monday, December 16, 2013 4:10 PM ( #4 )
Wow thats a shame espc seein as u liked their previous work.

Heavy rain was awesome as well.

I think quantic nailed everything this time the game looks ridicuolous looks better than any of my ps4 games sometimes and considering its using nearly 8 year old hardware that is some feat.

I can see the game not being everyone cup of tea but to downscore it for the sake of that and just ignore the absolute quality of the game is wrong.

It would be like me hating RTS games and giving startcraft 2 a 5 ignoring the fact its a good game and downscoring because its not for me.

Doesnt make sense to me.

Reviews are becoming more worthless by the day.
B Man

• Total Posts : 8479
Re:and the award for most underrated game this year goes to ....... - Monday, December 16, 2013 4:29 PM ( #5 )
For me, the most underrated that I played would have been Lost Odyssey.  What credit it does get still isn't enough.  Heavy Rain was great too, I think there are just too many people out there that are unable to play a cinematic game like that.

edit- D'oh, was thinking this gen.  This year I'd honestly go with The Stanley Parable, simply because I have literally heard no one talk about it, yet I think it's f*cking great.
<message edited by B Man on Monday, December 16, 2013 4:46 PM>
Nujabes_

• Total Posts : 954
Re:and the award for most underrated game this year goes to ....... - Monday, December 16, 2013 4:32 PM ( #6 )
Beyond two souls, absolutely awful choice.

Vanquish would be mine.
coolbeans

• Total Posts : 3288
Re:and the award for most underrated game this year goes to ....... - Monday, December 16, 2013 4:36 PM ( #7 )
mic_cala

Beyond : two souls !!

This game is frikin awesome everything about is frikin great.

Still havent finished but would say im close to the end and I jsut cant understand the piss poor reviews it got.

It never really struck as getting piss poor reviews but rather very mixed ones between getting 10's and 4's (I think).  It's not that much lower (or is the same) as COD: Ghosts' average as well.  I haven't played it yet, but plan to during the coming new year.  

Gotta admit, I thought this was funny though (considering the poor reception of the Carrie remake that came out).
Attached Image(s)
mic_cala

Re:and the award for most underrated game this year goes to ....... - Monday, December 16, 2013 4:54 PM ( #8 )
So ud recommend stanly parable then cause I was so close to buyin it off steam but I bought gone home instead iv heard good things about it just not sure if ill like it.

Nate-Dog

• Total Posts : 2115
Re:and the award for most underrated game this year goes to ....... - Monday, December 16, 2013 4:59 PM ( #9 )
Nujabes_

Vanquish would be mine.

2013 my friend, 2013.

coolbeans

Re:and the award for most underrated game this year goes to ....... - Monday, December 16, 2013 5:20 PM ( #10 )
mic_cala

So ud recommend stanly parable then cause I was so close to buyin it off steam but I bought gone home instead iv heard good things about it just not sure if ill like it.

A lot of it is really going to rest on whether or not you can enjoy a game even if the majority of it is basically a walking simulator.  From someone like me who's played the popular ones:

Dear Esther and Proteus use the 'avant-garde' walky-walky emotions stuff to a point of the gameplay feeling disabling and artificial, while Gone Home and The Stanley Parable manage it just enough to the point of peppering in a slightly greater level of interaction in order to subvert or just genuinely surprise.  

Edit:  And The Stanley Parable is probably my favorite game of this year (so far).
<message edited by coolbeans on Monday, December 16, 2013 5:35 PM>
mic_cala

Re:and the award for most underrated game this year goes to ....... - Monday, December 16, 2013 5:45 PM ( #11 )
coolbeans

mic_cala

A lot of it is really going to rest on whether or not you can enjoy a game even if the majority of it is basically a walking simulator.  From someone like me who's played the popular ones:

Dear Esther and Proteus use the 'avant-garde' walky-walky emotions stuff to a point of the gameplay feeling disabling and artificial, while Gone Home and The Stanley Parable manage it just enough to the point of peppering in a slightly greater level of interaction in order to subvert or just genuinely surprise.  

Edit:  And The Stanley Parable is probably my favorite game of this year (so far).

To be honest I enjoy every type of game espcially story orientated ones.

so for instance gone home I really enjoyed was a great 4-5 hours exploring every nook and cranny discovering all the houses secrets.

so is the stanley parable similar ?

Nujabes_

Re:and the award for most underrated game this year goes to ....... - Monday, December 16, 2013 5:49 PM ( #12 )
Nate-Dog

Nujabes_

Vanquish would be mine.

2013 my friend, 2013.

Oh... Then I have no idea. I don't think I've played any underrated game this year.
Ducky

• Total Posts : 2371
Re:and the award for most underrated game this year goes to ....... - Monday, December 16, 2013 6:17 PM ( #13 )
I can't make up my mind. It'd either have to be The Last of Us, or DuckTales:Remastered.

Who am I kidding, nothing beats  the Adventure Line Simulator.
Nujabes_

Re:and the award for most underrated game this year goes to ....... - Monday, December 16, 2013 6:20 PM ( #14 )
Stanley Parable wasn't underrated though.
mic_cala

Re:and the award for most underrated game this year goes to ....... - Monday, December 16, 2013 6:25 PM ( #15 )
Nujabes_

Good point the reviews I read were all praising it, so not underrated maybe just overshadowed by other games.
coolbeans

Re:and the award for most underrated game this year goes to ....... - Monday, December 16, 2013 6:32 PM ( #16 )
mic_cala

To be honest I enjoy every type of game espcially story orientated ones.

so for instance gone home I really enjoyed was a great 4-5 hours exploring every nook and cranny discovering all the houses secrets.

so is the stanley parable similar ?

Stanley Parable is exploratory like that, but more focused on making a bunch of different choices through an office building to get a slew of different endings rather than scouring every nook and cranny.  Play the free demo first to see to get an attempt of what it's all about, though it's rather poorly explained in a hilarious fashion.  

Ducky's white text knows what it's all about.  Da-da-da-Da-da-dum, Da-da-da-da-da-da, ...

Nujabes_

B Man started it.    I guess my underrated title of 2013 would be Contrast.
<message edited by coolbeans on Monday, December 16, 2013 10:30 PM>
B Man

• Total Posts : 8479
Re:and the award for most underrated game this year goes to ....... - Monday, December 16, 2013 8:23 PM ( #17 )
Stanley Parable might not be underrated Meta critic wise, but I seriously have heard no one mention it.  It had no advertising and any console gamers have absolutely no idea what we're taking about, which is why I vote it.
mic_cala

Re:and the award for most underrated game this year goes to ....... - Monday, December 16, 2013 8:37 PM ( #18 )
B Man

Stanley Parable might not be underrated Meta critic wise, but I seriously have heard no one mention it.  It had no advertising and any console gamers have absolutely no idea what we're taking about, which is why I vote it.

To be expected I guess a small indie only on pc was always gonna gain traction through word of mouth and not much else.

Looks like ill have to grab it. Wanna finish up beyond first not to mention still got gt6 to play and my ps4 is starting to collect a bit of dust atm, so much to play and so very little time.
WildArmed

• Total Posts : 10162
Re:and the award for most underrated game this year goes to ....... - Monday, December 16, 2013 8:46 PM ( #19 )
mic_cala

B Man

To be expected I guess a small indie only on pc was always gonna gain traction through word of mouth and not much else.

Looks like ill have to grab it. Wanna finish up beyond first not to mention still got gt6 to play and my ps4 is starting to collect a bit of dust atm, so much to play and so very little time.

I always say that this is a good issue to  have, now if it was the other way around. Gaming can be a real bummer. 

duplissi

• Total Posts : 1751
Re:and the award for most underrated game this year goes to ....... - Monday, December 16, 2013 10:27 PM ( #20 )
B Man

For me, the most underrated that I played would have been Lost Odyssey.  What credit it does get still isn't enough.  Heavy Rain was great too, I think there are just too many people out there that are unable to play a cinematic game like that.

edit- D'oh, was thinking this gen.  This year I'd honestly go with The Stanley Parable, simply because I have literally heard no one talk about it, yet I think it's f*cking great.

The stanely parable is such a mind****.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread