Hyrule Warriors

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
Dehnus

• Total Posts : 19
  • Reward points : 0
Hyrule Warriors - Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:29 AM ( #1 )
Although the front page has the usual bashing regarding Nintendo and such. I am quite excited by it's announcement, if done properly that came can a blast of a cameo/parody. 

So since I have a very limited amount of bubbles (For not partaking in the Fanboy bandwagons and sometimes being accused of trolling when I hurt a fanboy), I was surprised to see that there wasn't any forum topic about this yet. 

So here goes :), and please do share what your feelings regarding this title is: 

[tube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtelgRzc3IU[/tube]

<message edited by Dehnus on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:51 AM>
Sorry no profile picture, Firefox doesn't seem to like N4G forums much ;).
MidnytRain

• Total Posts : 3468
Re:Hyrule Warriors - Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:42 AM ( #2 )
You can't use the shortcut link when embedding from YouTube afaik.

This honestly looks like something that should have came out in 2006 or '07 when the Wii launched.
Convas

• Total Posts : 2467
Re:Hyrule Warriors - Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:43 AM ( #3 )
Yeah ... I'mma need to get a Wii U next year.
(Steam: Ricky Ricardo)(Origin: Convas)(PSN/XBL: Convas)
Dehnus

• Total Posts : 19
Re:Hyrule Warriors - Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:52 AM ( #4 )
Convas

Somehow I imagined that in the voice of Mario ;).
Sorry no profile picture, Firefox doesn't seem to like N4G forums much ;).
MattyG

• Total Posts : 3346
Re:Hyrule Warriors - Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:28 AM ( #5 )
This actually looks awesome.

I can't believe the amount of people in the comments section saying "this isn't the direction Zelda should be taking". That's good, because it's not. Spin-offs don't dictate the "direction" of a series. These are probably the same people who howl that the series doesn't change enough. "Try something different!" Nintendo tries something different. "What the f**k, what are you doing?! You're ruining it!"
<message edited by MattyG on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:29 AM>

SanMarco

• Total Posts : 988
Re:Hyrule Warriors - Wednesday, December 18, 2013 10:23 AM ( #6 )
Was hoping for an hd zelda adventure game:((
PSN: Mr_Mojo__Risin-
MattyG

• Total Posts : 3346
Re:Hyrule Warriors - Wednesday, December 18, 2013 10:24 AM ( #7 )
SanMarco

They're still making one. It supposed to get revealed at E3.

Convas

• Total Posts : 2467
Re:Hyrule Warriors - Wednesday, December 18, 2013 10:44 AM ( #8 )
MattyG

SanMarco

They're still making one. It supposed to get revealed at E3.

Yikes. E3 2014 is going to be a monster for everyone.
(Steam: Ricky Ricardo)(Origin: Convas)(PSN/XBL: Convas)
TheNocturnus

• Total Posts : 4403
Re:Hyrule Warriors - Wednesday, December 18, 2013 11:39 AM ( #9 )
Hmm, that looks fun as hell. Now I have 1 reason to regret selling my Wii U. Give me some more Nintendo.

My PSN ID is: xNocturnus    XBL Tag is: xX Nocturnus Xx
WildArmed

• Total Posts : 10055
Re:Hyrule Warriors - Wednesday, December 18, 2013 12:21 PM ( #10 )
Convas

Yeah, pretty much my thoughts.

With the new Zelda + mario + Hyrule warriors... I must have either found iron-will by the time this releases, or buy it the very day it comes out. 

SanMarco

• Total Posts : 988
Re:Hyrule Warriors - Wednesday, December 18, 2013 2:25 PM ( #11 )
I'm buying a wii u for Christmas BecuAse I haven't played wind waker and super Mario 3d looks amazing!
PSN: Mr_Mojo__Risin-
-MD-

• Total Posts : 8196
Re:Hyrule Warriors - Wednesday, December 18, 2013 4:50 PM ( #12 )
This helps my desire for a WiiU but it's still not enough. Holiday 2014 will likely be the time I pick one up.
Satanas

• Total Posts : 13047
Re:Hyrule Warriors - Wednesday, December 18, 2013 6:24 PM ( #13 )
This actually looks pretty cool, though I remain skeptical until we see more as I really don't know how to feel about Dynasty Warriors.

Having said that, it's a good addition to a great lineup for 2014 on the Wii U. What really got me pumped was the Mario Kart 8 and Rosalina SMB videos. While I was previously just looking at MK8 as a more polished, HD version of the older games, that trailer really grabbed me by the balls and now that is probably one of the titles I'm anticipating most for next year. And Rosalina's playstyle in Smash looks awesome, and difficult to learn. That's just the sort of character I'd want to play.

And yeah, people are idiots. Despite being announced as having nothing to do with the Zelda main series entry before the trailer came out, and despite it already being known that Zelda U or whatever is already in the making, people (mostly, this website, otherwise it's generally positive) are just going to town on this announcement.
Chard

• Total Posts : 503
Re:Hyrule Warriors - Wednesday, December 18, 2013 7:49 PM ( #14 )
Wow, a Nintendo Direct out of f***ing nowhere. Do these things really just happen spontaneously without warning, or is there now so little interest in Nintendo that their announcement of an upcoming Direct generates zero hype? I only just saw an article on a 'new Zelda' out the corner of my eye, I almost missed it.
Anyhoo, this game looks interesting enough to want to try at least. The other staple Nintendo games are looking good too, although I'd like to know just what is going on with that Yoshi game that hasn't been seen since the initial trailer shown so long ago.

Satanas

Re:Hyrule Warriors - Wednesday, December 18, 2013 7:58 PM ( #15 )
Chard

Wow, a Nintendo Direct out of f***ing nowhere. Do these things really just happen spontaneously without warning, or is there now so little interest in Nintendo that their announcement of an upcoming Direct generates zero hype? I only just saw an article on a 'new Zelda' out the corner of my eye, I almost missed it.
Anyhoo, this game looks interesting enough to want to try at least. The other staple Nintendo games are looking good too, although I'd like to know just what is going on with that Yoshi game that hasn't been seen since the initial trailer shown so long ago.

It was announced last night, so no, they generate plenty hype. They just get announced super last minute, not sure why. Actually Rosalina's Smash debut and the Zelda game were front page on reddit, with the latter reaching #1, for a short while.

And I am wondering the same thing, like did they just silently can that? Now that Yoshi's New Island has been announced for the 3DS I'm looking forward to that so my interest in the Yarn game is dropping, but it's mostly because we knew so little and there's been zero news since. New Island looks excellent though. I'm glad the original guy is on board because I haven't played a Yoshi game since Yoshi's Story and I'm really, really looking forward to a new one.
<message edited by Satanas on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:00 PM>
Juste_Belmont

• Total Posts : 96
Re:Hyrule Warriors - Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:30 PM ( #16 )
I like how it says "(not final name)", like they're not sure how people will react to the Dynasty Warriors/Zelda mash up. I actually like the Dynasty Warriors games okay, so I think it looks good. My only complaint about the series, and from the looks of the video it pops up here too, is the fact that the minor enemies never seem to pose much of a threat. Of course, this can usually be changed by changing the difficulty, but I'd like to see a push for more urgency in how you react to every enemy in these games. Other than that, I think this is a great idea and yet another reason why I might end up choosing a Wii U as my next gen console.
<message edited by Juste_Belmont on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:32 PM>
Satanas

Re:Hyrule Warriors - Wednesday, December 18, 2013 10:36 PM ( #17 )
Juste_Belmont

I like how it says "(not final name)", like they're not sure how people will react to the Dynasty Warriors/Zelda mash up. I actually like the Dynasty Warriors games okay, so I think it looks good. My only complaint about the series, and from the looks of the video it pops up here too, is the fact that the minor enemies never seem to pose much of a threat. Of course, this can usually be changed by changing the difficulty, but I'd like to see a push for more urgency in how you react to every enemy in these games. Other than that, I think this is a great idea and yet another reason why I might end up choosing a Wii U as my next gen console.

I agree with your statement about minor enemies posing no threat. This actually does concern me. I won't deny that it looks fun to actually control Link and wreck through hordes of enemies, though.
Chard

• Total Posts : 503
Re:Hyrule Warriors - Thursday, December 19, 2013 12:43 AM ( #18 )
Satanas

And I am wondering the same thing, like did they just silently can that? Now that Yoshi's New Island has been announced for the 3DS I'm looking forward to that so my interest in the Yarn game is dropping, but it's mostly because we knew so little and there's been zero news since. New Island looks excellent though. I'm glad the original guy is on board because I haven't played a Yoshi game since Yoshi's Story and I'm really, really looking forward to a new one.

My understanding was that Takashi Tezuka was originally involved with Yarn Yoshi and not the 3DS game. However this appears to have changed. I prefer the art style of the 3DS version and hope they end up using it in the U version.  There's every chance they've gone back to the drawing board with all this delay.

Nujabes_

• Total Posts : 954
Re:Hyrule Warriors - Thursday, December 19, 2013 12:51 AM ( #19 )
Looks absolutely awful. I feel sad for WII U owners.
WildArmed

• Total Posts : 10055
Re:Hyrule Warriors - Thursday, December 19, 2013 3:08 AM ( #20 )
I'm a big dynasty warriors fan, so looking forward to this.

(well more correctly, I'm a big Samurai Warriors fan... but we haven't got one in awhile)

Also, let's face it.. this is one of the better games coming out for next gen consoles lol

<message edited by WildArmed on Thursday, December 19, 2013 3:09 AM>

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread