Internet Romance

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
wishingW3L

• Total Posts : 1091
  • Reward points : 0
Internet Romance - Wednesday, January 08, 2014 9:47 PM ( #1 )
Have you ever fell in love with a stranger from the internets? Because I did! 

Someone on Gamespot posted this: http://kotaku.com/a-modern-love-story-unfolds-courtesy-of-nintendo-1497547149

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPme2gSE46U&feature=youtu.be and I felt like asking for your stories guys, let's share!

My story:

back in the early 2000's when I was still a teenager and chat rooms and messenger where all the rage, I met a girl from Colombia on an anime chatroom on Starmedia (the most popular latino chat at the time). At the time I was completely obsessed with Evangelion and she was too. We talked like everyday for hours about it.

Then we discovered messenger and instead of going to the chat we started using webcam and mic and to my surprise she was a few years older than me! I was like 14-15 I think and she was 18-21 but when I saw some pictures of her cosplaying Misato I knew I was in love. And this might sound creepy but she fell for me too... We talked for like 3 years straight nearly every day. XD

Anyway, I have her on facebook, she must be like 35 by now but still looks fine. We haven't talked since like 2005 though... But now I look back and oh dear... 

MidnytRain

• Total Posts : 3755
Re:Internet Romance - Wednesday, January 08, 2014 10:17 PM ( #2 )
Isn't this how kidnappings start?
Juste_Belmont

• Total Posts : 97
Re:Internet Romance - Wednesday, January 08, 2014 10:37 PM ( #3 )
I've never been in love, so there's that, but I have met some pretty cool people online. I'd never join an online dating site though because it's too sketchy and I prefer to meet women in a more natural way, like talking to them in person.
wishingW3L

Re:Internet Romance - Wednesday, January 08, 2014 11:19 PM ( #4 )
Juste_Belmont

I've never been in love, so there's that, but I have met some pretty cool people online. I'd never join an online dating site though because it's too sketchy and I prefer to meet women in a more natural way, like talking to them in person.

I say I was in love to make it sound more interesting but that was just curiosity since I was a kid. I met a cute girl over the internet that had similar interests to mine and that's it.

My first true love was when I was 17 and about to graduate from high-school (2005). It didn't last long because I did not have much experience and I basically ruined the relationship all by myself and she never gave me a second chance. Her pride didn't let her to forgive me and out of spite to break my heart she started going out with another guy and ended up pregnant. After that I became the depressed anti-social guy that I am today because I seriously couldn't believe that she did that. Because she was so shy and kind... And as you can see, she was freaking beautiful too. The moral of the story? Since this will be your first, be careful!

<message edited by wishingW3L on Thursday, January 09, 2014 9:47 AM>
wishingW3L

Re:Internet Romance - Wednesday, January 08, 2014 11:22 PM ( #5 )
MidnytRain

Isn't this how kidnappings start?

I don't know man, she was so hot I wouldn't mind being kidnapped by her. 

It might have been a ploy though... Maybe she was in cahoots with some organization like Kony's. 
MidnytRain

Re:Internet Romance - Wednesday, January 08, 2014 11:27 PM ( #6 )
She is kinda pretty. Saved to hard drive.
Bladesfist

• Total Posts : 783
Re:Internet Romance - Thursday, January 09, 2014 6:46 AM ( #7 )
lol that Nintendo thing is great.
Kenshin_BATT0USAI

• Total Posts : 10857
Re:Internet Romance - Thursday, January 09, 2014 8:07 AM ( #8 )
Never. I've only ever liked people I knew in person. I mean, at least to me, there has to be some level of physicality there. 
Formerly Known as Hellbringer. PSN: KenshinBATT0USAI 3DS: 2895-6892-5663 Steam: Vashlion
Juste_Belmont

Re:Internet Romance - Thursday, January 09, 2014 9:24 AM ( #9 )
wishingW3L

Juste_Belmont

I say I was in love to make it sound more interesting but that was just curiosity since I was a kid. I met a cute girl over the internet that had similar interests to mine and that's it.

My first true love was when I was 17 and about to graduate from high-school (2005). It didn't last long because I did not have much experience and I basically ruined the relationship all by myself and she never gave me a second chance. Her pride didn't let her to forgive me and out of spite to break my heart she started going out with another guy and ended up pregnant. After that I became the depressed anti-social guy that I am today because I seriously couldn't believe that she did that. Because she was so shy and kind... And as you can see, she was freaking beautiful too:

The moral of the story? Since this will be your first, be careful!

Thanks, but my problem probably lies more along the lines of trust issues rather than experience. I've been in a lot of relationships throughout my high school and college years, but I never really cared too much about the women I dated, with one exception. To me, dating was just something that I did to have fun, and once the fun ended I moved on. I actually really cared about my last ex, and I tried to make it work and even ended up fighting for the relationship for once, but I wouldn't say that I loved her. Maybe I could have eventually, but who knows now.

I'm sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience in high school. I guess it's been some time since then though, I graduated from high school in 2004 myself, so it's been over a decade now. You should be glad you weren't the next guy though, having kids at an early age can be tough. Anyway, try to look on the bright side of your situation and don't be depressed and antisocial. You'll find a great gal eventually who will make you forget all about the other women you knew before. 
<message edited by Juste_Belmont on Thursday, January 09, 2014 9:50 AM>
Duddy101

• Total Posts : 4
Re:Internet Romance - Thursday, January 09, 2014 9:51 AM ( #10 )
Oh my god, that was hilarious. Poor lil feller i actually feel bad for him.
MidnytRain

Re:Internet Romance - Thursday, January 09, 2014 10:24 AM ( #11 )
I started watching that vid on YouTube. Aren't there more of these? I remember there being a guy on YouTube who read internet stories and comments and recorded his voice. Was pretty entertaining.
xHeavYx

• Total Posts : 941
Re:Internet Romance - Thursday, January 09, 2014 1:50 PM ( #12 )
Man, I remember having some webcam fun back in the day...
B Man

• Total Posts : 8479
Re:Internet Romance - Thursday, January 09, 2014 2:27 PM ( #13 )
I remember having an internet girlfriend that lived in California when I was 16 for about a month.  It was before my first actual girlfriend (I had a few in Elementary and Middle, but I never count those).  I can even remember buying The Sims Online when it came out to please her.  We would talk on the phone every night and I'd get in huge trouble for racking up the long distance bill.  Then in a dick move, I had met my first actual girlfriend and had to break it to her that I met someone else.  Never talked to that girl again after that, hell I can't even remember her name.

Now I'd imagine it's more of casual internet sex with webcams and all of that.  With internet dating being so big, there's honestly no reason anyone should have to have something like I had.  Now you can meet someone local online with ease and then hookup.
Cat

• Total Posts : 14101
Re:Internet Romance - Thursday, January 09, 2014 2:48 PM ( #14 )
Exclusively romance exclusively online? Nope. 

I have lots of folks I consider friends, though, that I've never had the chance to meet in person; and I've met lots of friend-type people online and then in person. 

And...I first met my now-husband online, technically. He was in a band, I tried to get his band to come play in New Orleans, when they couldn't he traveled anyway, then moved to NOLA to woo me. 
MidnytRain

Re:Internet Romance - Thursday, January 09, 2014 4:44 PM ( #15 )
Cat

I have lots of folks I consider friends, though, that I've never had the chance to meet in person; and I've met lots of friend-type people online and then in person. 

And...I first met my now-husband online, technically. He was in a band, I tried to get his band to come play in New Orleans, when they couldn't he traveled anyway, then moved to NOLA to woo me. 

How old are you, Cat?
Juste_Belmont

Re:Internet Romance - Thursday, January 09, 2014 9:53 PM ( #16 )
MidnytRain

Cat

How old are you, Cat?

You never ask a lady her age, it's considered impolite.
Cat

• Total Posts : 14101
Re:Internet Romance - Thursday, January 09, 2014 10:05 PM ( #17 )
MidnytRain

Cat

How old are you, Cat?

lol, that's your takeaway from my story?! What can I say, he moved to NOLA to convince me to marry him, that's some serious wooing. ;)

Jon_Smackenrow

• Total Posts : 2178
Re:Internet Romance - Sunday, January 12, 2014 5:25 PM ( #18 )
Cat and I had a romance once, before her husband of course.
cgoodno

• Total Posts : 3493
Re:Internet Romance - Sunday, January 12, 2014 5:39 PM ( #19 )
Jon_Smackenrow
Cat and I had a romance once, before her husband of course.
Everyone has their low point in life.  I guess we've found out Cat's.

:P

<message edited by cgoodno on Sunday, January 12, 2014 5:41 PM>
MidnytRain

Re:Internet Romance - Sunday, January 12, 2014 5:57 PM ( #20 )
Juste_Belmont

MidnytRain

Cat

How old are you, Cat?

You never ask a lady her age, it's considered impolite.

That's exactly what a pedophile would say.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread